• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

35000VR? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fergus

Red Shell
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$3,539
FC
0693-1977-6539
Clan
4DR
What was the significance/meaning this common add-on or its variants of other numbers. Curious on why this was chosen.

What was the significance/meaning this common add-on or its variants of other numbers. Curious on why this was chosen.
Dunno, if they have a deeper meaning, but in the past (pre-Wiimmfi era) Bean set the well-known mark of 35000 VR (some of them copied that), which he held permanently of course.
If I had to choose a VR value it would be 36526. :gerald:

I believe the secondary most-popular value was 32767, being the halfway mark between the highest available value (65534, being divisible. 65535 = Guest)

Seeing a guest user on the standard kart s strikes fear into my heart

35000VR was popularized by MrBean as one of the largest "even" VR values in the game when hacking in MKWii was considered mainstream. The reason for this is that having a VR value of 65534 (the highest value before "Guest", which is represented by 65535 VR) would actually have opposing players gain less VR than other values (which is why Guests in rooms can drain significant amounts of VR). Frost also states that 32767 is the middle point of 0 and 65534, which (at least I'm pretty sure this is the case) is technically the "highest" VR that gives the most amount of VR to players for beating a player with that value, as once you go higher, it will distribute less VR. Obviously that number isn't necessarily clean, so they went with the next best thing in 35000 being a nice, clean, even number.

Last edited:
These numbers bring me back... ahh nostalgic. And that 36000 as well.

Wish I played WFC still

Same I miss the WFC times

Yeah, I wish being able to dominate races using automatic drift

I just miss the Mario Kart Channel

Back