• Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Hi all,

I just wanted to create a quick reminder on help threads. The threads in this section are here because the thread starter wants your help. Maybe the thread starter wants your condolences (if a sad situation), but they are here mainly for help. If they were looking for condolences, then the thread would probably be posted in the General Discussion section. Even though it talks about what I'm going to say in the Help rules, I don't think many people really read those in-depth. Hopefully a little announcement on it will shed some more light on it.

We find ourselves not approving/deleting a lot of posts posted in this section. The reasoning for that (generally speaking) is lack of details. When someone posts a reply like this to a help thread:

"That's so sad! I'm so sorry! Get better soon. :)"

or something like that, we have been not approving/deleting those. Why you ask? Lack of details. The person is asking for help. How are you helping them if you're just telling them to get better soon? I mean yes, like I said, that's nice and all, but it's not help. You need to be in-depth if you're going to reply and give them steps to help with their problem. If you can't do that, it's better to not just post at all because posts like these are just not approved/deleted. If you want to give you condolences on top of the help you're proving, then that's fine. So, for example:

"I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon. Here are some steps to help you: x, y, z".

That's fine. But just posting to sympathize with them is not what this section is about, and anyone who posts like that will not have their posts approved. We were just hoping to explain why people's posts are getting deleted. Please make sure your posts meet the guidelines moving forward.

Thanks!