• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Account upgrade (regular/active/bronze/premium/VIP) permissions and features (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,374
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Account upgrade comparison
The below table will break down the permissions and features of each account upgrade, allow you to compare them, and explain how to get said account upgrade.

Regular forum user​
Active forum user
Bronze forum user
Premium forum user
VIP forum user
How to get?​
N/A - given by default when registering​
Can be purchased using real currency or through the 4DR forum shop
Username and banner​
Black username (white on "Modern dark" style) and no banner​
Light green glowing username and banner​
Bronze glowing username and banner​
Gold glowing username and banner​
Purple glowing username and banner​
Forum section access​
Now have access to the "Bowser's castle" section​
Now have access to the "Active forum users" section​
Now have access to the "Bronze forum users" section​
Now have access to the "Premium forum users" section​
Now have access to the "VIP forum users" section​
Advertisements​
Yes​
Yes​
No​
No​
No​
Shoutbox access​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Shoutbox archive access​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Search shoutbox archive​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Exclusive room within shoutbox​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Use "/giphy" command within shoutbox​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Set shoutbox status​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Change username​
No​
No​
Every 30 days​
Every 30 days​
Every 30 days​
Editing time*​
30 minutes​
30 minutes​
Unlimited​
Unlimited​
Unlimited​
Delete own posts**​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Delete own threads**​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Move own posts**​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Move own threads**​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Open/close own threads**​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Access to "Modern dark" style​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Access to "Blade dark" style​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Use custom user title​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Yes​
Post blogs and manage comments on own blog​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Media gallery storage***​
10MB​
10MB​
10MB​
10MB​
25MB​
Upload profile cover​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Change username icon​
No​
No​
No​
No​
Yes​
Notes:
*Editing time does not apply to the "Friend rosters" section as anyone will have unlimited post editing time in that section due to the nature of constantly updating roster threads.
**Taking moderator actions against your own content will not work in sensitive sections such as the "Unfair punishments" section or "The voting booth", for example.
***Media gallery storage only takes into account content you upload, not embed. So if you upload a picture directly to the media gallery, this will count against your storage, but embedding a YouTube video will not.

Please note that just because you purchase an account upgrade does not make you eligible to break any forum rules. You will be held to the same standards as everyone else when it comes to discipline for breaking rules. If you have a problem following forum rules and get warnings frequently, it may be in your best interest to not purchase an account upgrades.

We are always looking to add new features and keep it interesting, but if you have any suggestions or questions about any of the features you get with the different account upgrades, please feel free to leave a comment on this thread.

Last edited:
Prices and where you can buy them here: http://4drclanforum.com/shop/ on our old forum people complained that the prices were too low, so we raised them. This means people are bound to complain about them being too high now. So it's more or less an experiment right now when it comes to prices.

Getting closer and closer...

Prices and where you can buy them here: http://4drclanforum.com/index.php?shop/ on our old forum people complained that the prices were too low, so we raised them. This means people are bound to complain about them being too high now. So it's more or less an experiment right now when it comes to prices.
Imo, they were too low before, but too high now. If we could cut these prices in half, I think that'd be pretty fair. Its up to you though

I think they're pretty fine how they are. It's not like Bronze, Premium, or VIP are supposed to be this quick buy. They're supposed to be advanced memberships that you get with participating around the forum. I don't want it to be this "oh I posted 10 threads and 30 posts. Time to go buy every membership!" It's supposed to be a reward for your participation around the forum. Besides, with the bucket load of Swag Bucks we generally give out with contest (probably going to lower the amount here soon), it really isn't too difficult. It makes you feel better when you finally do get one of the memberships. The harder it is, the better you feel after you've achieved said goal (in this case, buying (a) membership(s)).

But what about contest designers? They cant win contests

There are some contests that contest designers can participate in (such as friend rooms). Contests are an optional bonus anyway. With active participation and over time, you will be able to buy the memberships.

Do your swag bucks get deducted when you buy VIP, Premium, or Bronze membership?

Do your swag bucks get deducted when you buy VIP, Premium, or Bronze membership?
But you get the membership and its perks, so it is pretty much worth it. :p

days. Please be aware that you can't use a name that you have already used.
I noticed that this is actually possible (from experience)

I noticed that this is actually possible (from experience)
Yeah, I've seen a few people who have changed their names to one that they have used before.

Yeah, I've seen a few people who have changed their names to one that they have used before.
Then they hacked this forum because i wanted to change my name back to Zak98 but i couldnt so i put it in symbols

Shouldn't the thread be edited to "Premium Members can change their username every 15 days" and "VIP Members can change their username every 7 days"?

Shouldn't the thread be edited to "Premium Members can change their username every 15 days" and "VIP Members can change their username every 7 days"?
Yes, thank you, that has been edited. This was last edited before we had the new username change system. :p

If you get premium, do you get all bronze perks?
Can you also post in the bronze section, if you're only premium and not bronze?

If you get premium, do you get all bronze perks?
Can you also post in the bronze section, if you're only premium and not bronze?
For Premium Membership, you get all of the bronze perks (excluding perks like the bronze name-color, which is compensated with the gold name-color) and then some, as well as some perks being expanded on (e.g. username changes decreased from every 30 days to every 15 days). Each membership is separate; you will not gain access to all of the other forum sections with a more superior membership. :p

Back