• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Audacity alternative? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lycan

Retro Gamer
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$16,106
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
This announcement was made in multiple servers recently, and this one was in Troy's server:

Basically after one of the updates (or in general), the best idea was to get rid of Audacity for safety and privacy issues. I downloaded from the Github link temporary audacity, but I don't quite understand it. Are there any other possible alternatives, so you don't have to keep Audacity installed or stored on your computer?

Attachments

• 1629485843873.png
    1629485843873.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 1
That problem should only concern when you're on v3.0.0 or newer (who updates Audacity anyway).
Either download the secure fork, free from that data collecting crap or keep an old (e.g. v2.4.2) version.

Well, that was embarrassingly simple. I think it was FAILED to mention that keeping an older version was safe, or I completely disregarded any research. I just immediately went with the "safe" option of "Removing it from your computer to be safe".

Back