• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Best controller to play MKWii with? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

steampottt

Blooper
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$1,363
What do you think is the best controller to play with for MKWii? I personally think Wiimote + Nunchuck because its easier to trick off ramps while holding drift.

Classic controller pro or GameCube

In theory it's the Wii wheel because of its turning radius. I personally find the classic pro to be most comfortable though :)

In theory it's the Wii wheel because of its turning radius. I personally find the classic pro to be most comfortable though :)
Ya joy sticks are just more consistent and easier to use in my opinion than motion controls

GCN is what Ive been using the past 5 or 6 years and Ive always enjoyed using it

Classic Controller Pro or Gamecube. I used to use Classic Controller Pro but then I switched to Gamecube controller and that's what I've been using ever since.

I'd say CCP, but I actually play with the one which looks like a soap bar

I feel like best is subjective, but most people tend to have the best luck with the GCN Controller.

I change my mind a tad bit. CCP because less travel and resistance on the buttons.

Nunchuck seems to work best for me, it’s not so ‘I drifted the other way!’ As the wii wheel, yet I find tricking and wheelies more intuitive by flicking the remote than pressing a button.

Honestly, the best controller is probably the wiimote + nunchuck, because it's far more ergonomic than any other of the controllers, it's wireless, and the controls are VERY intuitive. But for me, I prefer using the gamecube controller, because it's just the easiest to access everything on, and it's more comfortable for me, a scrub. also I use a claw grip for practically every other game in existence, so doing wheelies, tricking, holding items, and drifting at the same time all are quite simple for me. also it's a lot easier and more intuitive to look behind you than with wiimote + nunchuck. The closest feel for me with another controller is the classic controller/pro, but I just can't get over the swapped placement of analog stick and dpad, it just doesn't feel right.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

I have a PS4 controller so I play claw sometimes with games on PC. But usually games don't make the d-pad as important, so I just got used to the feeling of it.

Honestly, the best controller is probably the wiimote + nunchuck, because it's far more ergonomic than any other of the controllers, it's wireless, and the controls are VERY intuitive.
What about the wavebird :hippo:

I sometimes use my xbox controller when playing on dolphin but the d-pad and the joy-stick are switched from the classic controller. So. it's not as comfortable.

Back