1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Designer AND Moderator Applications now open!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Alex, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex ~ No Tears Left To Cry ~ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,508
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    Hey all!

This is probably going to be a fairly long announcement so let’s just hope I can get through it without breaking the word limit (if there is one)!

I’m going to be talking about a few important things here, so make sure you read through it all!

Contest Designer Applications

So firstly, I’m sure you’ve notice quite a few changes to the Contest Designer team. Unfortunately, both @Jonny and @BlazerZ have had to step down for their own reasonings. I just want to say thank you both for all your efforts and ideas over your time as CDs, they are greatly appreciated!

Due to these departures however, we have decided to recruit some more help for the team! We are 99% sure we are only going to be getting one (1) new CD, so make your application good! We are going to open applications now, and they will run until July 1st at 11:59 PM BST so you hopefully have plenty of time to submit!

Feel free to write your application however you want, as long as the information you provide is relevant. Here are some things we would like to see you include in your application:

• Do you have any prior experience with moderation, and if so tell us about it! You will be given limited tools in the Forum Contest section, so we want to know how much experience you already have!
    • What are some ideas for contests that you would like to make a reality? Contest Designers need to be creative, so this is your chance to show us what ideas you have!
    • And finally, why do you want the position? This may sound rather off topic, but we want people who are interested and dedicated to the position!

While we appreciate all applications, there are a few criteria that you must meet before applying:

• You must have a registered forum account. Should be self explanatory, since you can’t post any contests or even post an application without an account.
    • You must not have cheated or been disqualified in a previous contest. Simply doesn’t make you look good as a Contest Designer, and sets a bad atmosphere in the team.
    • YOU HAVE TO BE INTERESTED IN THE POSTION. This isn’t just a title, the contest designers to spend time to think of, discuss and create contests for all of you to enjoy. If you aren’t going to be dedicated to the team, then this position probably isn’t for you.

You can apply for Contest Designer here: https://4drclanforum.com/forums/contest-designer-applications.68/

And that’s pretty much it for the contest designers! Remember that once you submit your application, it cannot be edited. Therefore, you have to make sure it’s perfect before submitting! We look forward to reading all your applications, and good luck!

Moderator Applications

Looks like you guys are going to have a lot of writing to do this week!

The staff team feel like we might need a bit more help going into summer, especially with the recent departure of Blaz, which is why we are going to be opening Moderator Applications! Applications will close a week from now, on July 1st @ 11:59 PM EST (5 hours after the Contest Designer Applications close) so we expect to see some great applications in that time! There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking of applying:
    • Moderators cannot do anything related to the clan, they just help us with moderation around the forum.
    • You do not need to be in 4DR to apply. As long as you have an account, you are free to submit an application!
    • We are only going to be selecting 1 new moderator, so make sure your application is great!
    • 1 Application per person, duplicates will be deleted and reduce your chances of getting the position
    • Applications can be submitted here: https://4drclanforum.com/forums/moderator-applications.58/
    • Make sure to check out this page to see what’s expected of you for your application: https://4drclanforum.com/pages/moderators/
    And that’s about it!

I just want to use the end of this announcement to wish you all a happy summer for those of you who are already off or are just finishing up within the next few weeks! Summer is always an active time around here, and well but sure to have lots of events, contests, civil wars, sessions and whatever else so we all get to play with each other over this long break!

Best of luck to all those submitting for one (or both!) of our open positions, and I hope you’ll all stick around and make the most of the summer with us all! :D

the pain of typing and formatting all this on mobile :rage:

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Savo

Savo Green Shell Bronze Member 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,308
    FC:
    3098-3794-8629
    Clan:
    S.#1798
    :thinking: :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. amaya

amaya Save me if I become my demons Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $100,000,447
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Good luck everyone who applies! I'm excited to see who applies for moderator and for contest designer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alexander

Alexander Luigi Time! Staff Member 4DR Co-Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $24,974
    FC:
    2924-4388-5200
    NNID:
    DarkVeaz
    Switch FC:
    SW-0668-0927-2585
    Clan:
    4DR
    This is so awesome! Good luck to everyone! I'm certainly looking forward to seeing who will be applying for moderator and contest designer! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Peyton

Peyton Triple Bananas Bronze Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,472
    FC:
    4773-4165-4586
    Clan:
    4DR
    Hmm. Sounds interesting. I’ve always wanted to do CD. :thinking:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. trial

trial Triple Bananas 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,311
    FC:
    0693-1977-6539
    Clan:
    4DR
    Moderator i want to be!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rachy

Rachy Oreo Lover Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

FC:
    0134-8501-1281
    Switch FC:
    SW-1492-0752-5714
    Clan:
    4DR
    Yes! Good luck to everyone who applies for moderator and/or contest designer! :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. trial

trial Triple Bananas 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,311
    FC:
    0693-1977-6539
    Clan:
    4DR
    If someone copies your application, will they get dq'd?

9. Alex

Alex ~ No Tears Left To Cry ~ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,508
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    No one can see any of the other applications, which is the purpose of the voting booth!

10. Frost

Frost Prisoner of time VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $13,161
    FC:
    2411-1844-9418
    Switch FC:
    SW-6092-7378-5415
    I wonder if I can become staff member 4 times?

I'm certainly not applying, but good luck to those who do!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Alicu

Alicu Staff Member 4DR Moderator VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Veteran Member 4DR Member Contest Designer

FC:
    0650-2467-9888
    Clan:
    4DR
    Good luck guys! :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ultra Jiren

Ultra Jiren trust does not exist, strength is all! Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $608
    FC:
    1423-3422-4278
    Clan:
    p. tropers
    josue and his BROTHAS FOR STAFF

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Veteran Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,224
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Good luck guys. If this was a year ago, I certainly would’ve applied for mod, but I’m busy now, so good luck guys. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. amaya

amaya Save me if I become my demons Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $100,000,447
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Just another reminder about the applications in case anyone else is interested in applying! Literally anyone can apply for moderator, and practically everyone can apply to become a contest designer! And yes, you can apply for both! And hey, don't be afraid to apply, because you never know who else is applying, or if anyone else is applying at all!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Harmony

Harmony 'o' - Hari 2018 Bronze Member 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $612
    FC:
    5117-0143-6379
    NNID:
    hari666@4DR (jk)
    Switch FC:
    never
    Clan:
    4DR
    Applied!

• Like Like x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  16. Alex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,508
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    Applications for both of these positions close in a few days, so this weekend is the perfect chance to finalise and submit any applications if you haven’t already!

For the moderator position, @amaya plans to conduct some interviews similarly to last time, just to get more of a feel in terms of how you would be as a moderator and how you would fit into the team, as well as a chance to ask some more questions personalised to you! We don’t have any plans to do this for the contest designer position as we don’t feel it’s nessesary, although we’ll let you know if on the off chance we change our mind!

Good luck to all those who have submitted or are still planning to submit, and I can’t wait to see who our new Moderator and Contest Designer are going to be! :D

17. Harmony

Harmony 'o' - Hari 2018 Bronze Member 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $612
    FC:
    5117-0143-6379
    NNID:
    hari666@4DR (jk)
    Switch FC:
    never
    Clan:
    4DR
    Sounds good!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,508
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    Applications for both Contest Designer and Moderator are now closed! Thank you to everyone who has applied, and we appreciate each and every application given to us.

Please do not submit an application now, otherwise it will be discarded and most likely deleted. The sections may appear to still be open so we can finish discussing our results. We'll hopefully get our results over the next couple of days, although we may not make a decision on both positions at the same time.

If you're still waiting for an interview to be done for the moderator position, then @amaya should hopefully be able to finish that with you! Good luck to everyone, and I hope you're just as excited for our new Moderator and Contest Designer as I am!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,508
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    Me and the rest of the Contest Designer team have made a decision on who our new CD is going to be...

It's @Josue!

Congratulations Josue, and we can't wait to see what you will do with this role! :D

We're still discussing the results of the moderator position, so we hope to get that out to you soon!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Leon

Leon Triple Bananas Bronze Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $184
    FC:
    3098-3797-4449
    NNID:
    ahamaymaurice
    Clan: