Controversal mod

Shaggai Son

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$119
I thought if a ever pursue a career in scripting, I would think to make my own riivolution track in my spare time. If I were to make a mod that would disable SSMT boosts, adjust the character bonus stats for Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, and King Boo, add characters like Link, Petey Pirhana, and Shy Guy, and have handling, along with your vehicle's handling stat, increase the likelyhood of getting better items( and no I won't be increasing the chances of blue shells) would anyone download my mod no matter how much I advertise it? I know the tier list would drastically change, but the skill concept would still be there. The only impact it would have on Flame Runners is that it will take them more time to get back in the race.

Mario Kart Wii was my first mario kart game, and considered it to be number one for a long time till I played DS and Double Dash. That is because the only thing holding me back from placing this game as my 2nd favorite Mario Kart game is the over centralization in online play. I imagine MK as a game that stars a hoard of freaks putting their individual quirks to the test in a race to determine who's freakness has the edge. I hope some of you can agree. No worries if you don't.

Last edited:

LiamMKW

Triple Bananas
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,095
FC
0220-7517-3876
Clan
4DR
I thought if a ever pursue a career in scripting, I would think to make my own riivolution track in my spare time. If I were to make a mod that would disable SSMT boosts, adjust the character bonus stats for Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, and King Boo, add character like Link, Petey Pirhana, and Shy Guy, and have handling, along with your vehicle's handling stat, increase the likelyhood of getting better items( and no I won't be increasing the chances of blue shells) would anyone download my mod no matter how much I advertise it? I know the tier list would drastically change, but the skill concept would still be there. The only impact it would have on Flame Runners is that it will take them more time to get back in the race.

Mario Kart Wii was my first mario kart game, and considered it to be number one for a long time till I played DS and Double Dash. That is because the only thing holding me back from placing this game as my 2nd favorite Mario Kart game is the over centralization in online play. I imagine MK as a game that stars a hoard of freaks putting their individual quirks to the test in a race to determine who's freakness has the edge. I hope some of you can agree. No worries if you don't.
I’m not gonna lie but Online can get competitive so... life is life.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not gonna lie but Online can get competitive so... life is life.
Also It’s A Great Idea...
Nice Creativity!

Shaggai Son

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$119
Yes, but life doesn't have to be that way if programmers were compitent. Like, what programmer on the team thought, " Why don't I adda mechanic that will render acceleration to be completely useless". I know the other mods I proposed my be hard to think of given time constraints, but how can you **** up that hard?

LiamMKW

Triple Bananas
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,095
FC
0220-7517-3876
Clan
4DR
Yes, but life doesn't have to be that way if programmers were compitent. Like, what programmer on the team thought, " Why don't I adda mechanic that will render acceleration to be completely useless". I know the other mods I proposed my be hard to think of given time constraints, but how can you **** up that hard?
Creativity.

Shaggai Son

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$119
All these views and no comments. I guess everyone is too kind to bash my idea to the ground, or lead very busy lives.

Last edited:

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
In terms of your idea, I am sure that a decent amount of people would download it. I think it is important to remember that MKW is a dying game though and that you probably will not get as many people as you are hoping to downloading it (that is not even taking into consideration that it would be a newer, unknown mod to a lot of different people). While the 4DR Forum is fantastic and we have a lot of different content/members here, there are also plenty of members who are inactive, may not be willing to download the mod, and/or do not play MKW anymore. It may be worth looking into posting your idea on a site that is dedicated to modding (maybe the WiiHacks reddit?). I just do not want you to gain any unrealistic expectations about your mod as you will likely get a few downloads here at most, and that is not because it is a bad mod or bad idea by any stretch of the imagination, but more so because of the demographic of the forum.

LiamMKW

Triple Bananas
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,095
FC
0220-7517-3876
Clan
4DR
In terms of your idea, I am sure that a decent amount of people would download it. I think it is important to remember that MKW is a dying game though and that you probably will not get as many people as you are hoping to downloading it (that is not even taking into consideration that it would be a newer, unknown mod to a lot of different people). While the 4DR Forum is fantastic and we have a lot of different content/members here, there are also plenty of members who are inactive, may not be willing to download the mod, and/or do not play MKW anymore. It may be worth looking into posting your idea on a site that is dedicated to modding (maybe the WiiHacks reddit?). I just do not want you to gain any unrealistic expectations about your mod as you will likely get a few downloads here at most, and that is not because it is a bad mod or bad idea by any stretch of the imagination, but more so because of the demographic of the forum.
I Think That MKWii Isn’t Dying, Just Because Not Many People Play It, For Me I Don’t Think It’s Dying.
Others Stay With The New Stuff (Nintendo Switch, SSBU...Etc)
I Stay With The Old Things.
It’s Only My Opinion, And I Respect Others Opinions.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
I Think That MKWii Isn’t Dying, Just Because Not Many People Play It, For Me I Don’t Think It’s Dying.
I think it is important to distinguish the difference between dead and dying. MKW is most certainly not dead and I don't see it becoming that way any time soon, however, MKW is dying in the sense that there is a decline of people playing year after year.

LiamMKW

Triple Bananas
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,095
FC
0220-7517-3876
Clan
4DR
I think it is important to distinguish the difference between dead and dying. MKW is most certainly not dead and I don't see it becoming that way any time soon, however, MKW is dying in the sense that there is a decline of people playing year after year.
They Probably Get Bored Of It.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Staff member
4DR Co-Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,984
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
MKWii isn't dying, but it is on "life support".
It depends on the shitty half of the community (competitive), it depends on the release of CT distros and files and it depends, most importantly, on Wiimmfi.
Without Wiimmfi, the game will lose over 90% of its active members.
I still enjoy making mods for MKWii, but the lack of good hardware makes it impossible to make outstanding models with better textures or higher poly count, that's why I would switch to making MK8DX/SSBU mods, when Nintendo is calming down with their bans.

LiamMKW

Triple Bananas
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,095
FC
0220-7517-3876
Clan
4DR
Yes, or have transitioned over to newer Mario Kart games or new games entirely.
I Guess... That Makes Sense.

It depends on the shitty half of the community (competitive), it depends on the release of CT distros and files and it depends, most importantly, on Wiimmfi.
I still enjoy making mods for MKWii, but the lack of good hardware makes it impossible to make outstanding models with better textures or higher poly count, that's why I would switch to making MK8DX/SSBU mods, when Nintendo is calming down with their bans.
That’s What Happends When WFC Closes.
It Can Get Competitive (Always).

Shaggai Son

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$119
Good point amaya, but I beg to differ. I only turned to Mario Kart Wii because I've noticed the Mk franchise and many other gaming franchises are suffering from industrial fatigue. I even find MK 8 deluxe to be lacking in actual content. It's been two years since I've had no desire to buy another Nintendo game or any game because of this. I know people like me make up a very small minority, but it will be a matter of time before more people, especially younglings, come here for Nostalgia or for the reasons I came here.

I've never been a guy for asthetics, I only care about the content, which can be improved upon in unimagineable ways

It depends on the shitty half of the community (competitive)
It would be no suprise to see those Funky Flammers on steroids turn a blind eye on my mod.

Last edited: