• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

COVID-19 (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mango Man

Green Shell
Premium forum user
4DR member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$7,879
FC
3055-4342-4228
NNID
Thomas_Go29
Switch FC
SW-7864-8035-0025
Clan
4DR
>Itaian Doctor warn public to get ready, young endangered too
>virus may hide in neurons to escape immunological detection
this is related to respiratory failure, brain stem keeps things going in your sleep, lose the signal lose your life. Maybe explains those random bodies in the streets of wuhan.

>First case in Washington, D.C
let's see what happens if politicians start dropping like iranian officials are right now

CORONA-CHAN HAS NO BRAKES
unknown.png

data from Italy
!!!!!
>>The head of the Lombardy's intensive care crisis unit says the health system is on the brink of collapse, intensive care being set up in hallways. By March 26 they predict ~18,000 #Covid19 cases in Lombardy, of which ~3,000 will need intensive care.
>italy doctors suggest an age limit to avoid overcrowding of Intensive Care Units
>reported cases in USA ie TESTED and confirmed

Here’s your daily COVID-19 news. How do you guys feel about the virus? Saddened by the losses or excited at the prospect of missing school? Discuss below!

I ain’t worrying just yet, because, out of 67.8 million people, only 273 people have COVID-19 in the UK (which is ~0.0004 percent)
I think that, however, there are reasons to go full on panic mode if you are old and have pre-existing health conditions :(

There were 3 confirmed cases in my state. Thankfully, I'm not near them.

Yikes!
We're at 350ish cases here, but we have good healthcare so schools arent closed. SMH!

Update on the state of the virus in The Netherlands
  • Schools Closed until April 6th
  • All groups of more than 3 people have been banned with a few exceptions such as funerals and religious weddings until June 1st
    • This may apply to schools too but that hasn't been decided yet
  • Fines may begin to be dished out to those who are outside with no real purpose
  • Non essential businesses may be required to close their doors
  • Mayors have been given increased power allowing them to ban people from certain public spaces such as beaches and parks

In the U.K., all gatherings of more than 2people are cancelled including weddings but I think 2 person funerals are allowed. school is going to be closed forever probabLy. There are about 5 cases in my town and the neighbouring town which is a bit scary and even 1 in my sisters school! (which didn’t close for some strange reason).

In the U.K., all gatherings of more than 2people are cancelled including weddings but I think 2 person funerals are allowed. school is going to be closed forever probabLy. There are about 5 cases in my town and the neighbouring town which is a bit scary and even 1 in my sisters school! (which didn’t close for some strange reason).
Why the hell are schools still open!?! Like you can make the argument that kids wont be nearly as strongly affected but they can pass it to their teachers too!

Well, they were just closed now
Post automatically merged:
Please remember to use the " Edit" button to incorporate changes into your post when available.

My school was closed early because all the teachers were in self isolation and the supply teachers were all in their 60s

Well, they were just closed now
Post automatically merged:
Please remember to use the " Edit" button to incorporate changes into your post when available.

My school was closed early because all the teachers were in self isolation and the supply teachers were all in their 60s
Nice to see people finally caring!

► Detected: 1,446,688 (+15,769) ► Died: 83,065 (+1,031)
we're gonna hit 1.5 million today

>UK is undercounting deaths, according to official data
>Another city in China is placed on lockdown
>In Netherlands, half in intensive care under 50 years old
>4,748 new cases and 510 new deaths in Spain
>1,209 new cases and 205 new deaths in Belgium
>Coronavirus is now 3rd most common cause of death in the US

Usa cases rising fast. Minnesota however, only has 1/400 of the cases in the us rn

How is it going up? Ok, infection rate= 2.2, with a lockdown, you see about 1/10 of people you would normally see, should the infection rate be 0.22. Ok, not that low but shouldn’t it be at least under 1?

If people would just stay home and stop spreading it, this would all be over a lot sooner.

That’s true for sure. I think that everyone needs to stop relaxing the lockdown measures, it would just go straight up again

If people would just stay home and stop spreading it, this would all be over a lot sooner.
I dont think staying home would make it disappear faster. The goal of staying home is more to lower the rate at which is spreads so that while the total cases may remain the same, hospitals dont overflow

divers with corona may never be the same...

"Dr. Frank Hartig, a senior physician at the University Clinic Innsbruck in Austria, has treated six divers who were infected with the coronavirus but had suffered only mild symptoms. None of the six had to remain in hospital and all recuperated at home.

Although all six patients were deemed clinically recovered, the long-term damage to their lungs appears irreversible, Hartig told Austria Press Agency.

CT scans of the patients’ lungs revealed such an extent of damage that it makes a full recovery unlikely.

“This is shocking, we don’t understand what’s going on here. They are probably lifelong patients,” he said
Don't remember the source, but I thought this was interesting

:skull:I definitely don't want lung damage

Cases are starting to fall where I am, one of my neighbours have COVID-19. Luckily, I wasn't in contact with them prior to that

Saw my school's football team today, all huddled together 50+ people there and no social distancing ;-;

Back