Cup texture get scrambled (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

JaidenEatsPants

Thundercloud
4DR swag bucks
$274
NNID
JaiBird
Hey, so on my Mario Kart ii texture hack I'm working on i edited the MenuSingle.szs and Globe.szs but if I turn on custom tracks on CTGP the menu textures get scrambled and it doesn't display the Nintendo track names. How do I fix it without having to remove the Menu files?
20200518_141458_HDR.jpg

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Technology forum administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$10,117
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
@Dokan seems to be a master at these things haha, maybe he has an answer?

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Forum staff
4DR leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$19,797
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
I assume, you have extracted the MenuSingle from an unmodified copy of the game, which only has the original eight cup icons.
CTGP-R patches the MenuSingle before loading the game, so it can be used properly - but once another MenuSingle exists in your MyStuff folder, it will overwrite the patched version afterwards, thus this happened.

In conclusion, I wouldn't really recommend editing the MenuSingle while using CTGP, especially when you're too inexperienced and mind the playability.
There are some patched templates around, but I haven't tried them out on my Wii with CTGP yet.

Reactions: Zachy
OP
JaidenEatsPants

JaidenEatsPants

Thundercloud
4DR swag bucks
$274
NNID
JaiBird
I assume, you have extracted the MenuSingle from an unmodified copy of the game, which only has the original eight cup icons.
CTGP-R patches the MenuSingle before loading the game, so it can be used properly - but once another MenuSingle exists in your MyStuff folder, it will overwrite the patched version afterwards, thus this happened.

In conclusion, I wouldn't really recommend editing the MenuSingle while using CTGP, especially when you're too inexperienced and mind the playability.
There are some patched templates around, but I haven't tried them out on my Wii with CTGP yet.

Is there a way I can get the patched CTGP version?

GLiTCH

Blooper
4DR swag bucks
$324
I was strugling with this one too, in fact. I litterally just made a post about this. Try this youtube video. it has a download link to something similar.