Cup texture get scrambled

JaidenEatsPants

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$230
NNID
JaiBird
Hey, so on my Mario Kart ii texture hack I'm working on i edited the MenuSingle.szs and Globe.szs but if I turn on custom tracks on CTGP the menu textures get scrambled and it doesn't display the Nintendo track names. How do I fix it without having to remove the Menu files?

Azula

💙 Sweet but Psycho 💙
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,901
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
@Dokan seems to be a master at these things haha, maybe he has an answer?

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$14,057
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
I assume, you have extracted the MenuSingle from an unmodified copy of the game, which only has the original eight cup icons.
CTGP-R patches the MenuSingle before loading the game, so it can be used properly - but once another MenuSingle exists in your MyStuff folder, it will overwrite the patched version afterwards, thus this happened.

In conclusion, I wouldn't really recommend editing the MenuSingle while using CTGP, especially when you're too inexperienced and mind the playability.
There are some patched templates around, but I haven't tried them out on my Wii with CTGP yet.

OP
JaidenEatsPants

JaidenEatsPants

Thundercloud
4DR Swag Bucks
$230
NNID
JaiBird
I assume, you have extracted the MenuSingle from an unmodified copy of the game, which only has the original eight cup icons.
CTGP-R patches the MenuSingle before loading the game, so it can be used properly - but once another MenuSingle exists in your MyStuff folder, it will overwrite the patched version afterwards, thus this happened.

In conclusion, I wouldn't really recommend editing the MenuSingle while using CTGP, especially when you're too inexperienced and mind the playability.
There are some patched templates around, but I haven't tried them out on my Wii with CTGP yet.
Is there a way I can get the patched CTGP version?