Death of a fellow MKW player (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Technology forum administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,823
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard about this already, but if you haven't...

I bring the unfortunate news that a fellow MKW player has died. The MKW player in question is Kiyori. Thanks to @Vinky for originally bringing it to our attention in the Skype chat. From the very little that I can understand, Kiyori was an avid rock climber. Apparently he was climbing rocks some day and there was an accident (I can only assume that means that the support failed), and he died from that. That's not official, but it's what I've pieced together from what I've got. Kiyori was French and a majority of his friends were French as well. So a lot of the tribute videos and information being relayed is in French. So keeping that in mind, it's kind of hard to understand the specifics, even if you plop some of the text into Google Translate. Here's the tribute video I've seen and was linked to, made by another MKW player named Mat:

The first half of the video is just an explaination/information in French. The second half are some tribute races, which @Aqua was actually in.

This is Kiyori's YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQYBtjc_jJRCUfW530LQvQ He has a few MKW videos, but most of are him rock climbing. All of his videos have anime thumbnails for some reason, but they aren't anime. They're of him rock climbing.

Now I never knew Kiyori, but I had played him on MKW quite a few times. These things just really hit home and give you a reality check (especially in this community where stuff like this doesn't happen a lot) that the person you're talking to today might not be there to talk to tomorrow. It's important to be grateful for every relationship and live every minute to the fullest!

Last edited:

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,645
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
I never played with him, if I remember right, but this is sad news.

DarkPro

Take a walk on the wild side
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$802
Extremely sorry to hear this for Kiyori and his family.

amaya

We are the children no one wants
Forum staff
4DR leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,820
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
Best wishes to the people close to him, and rest in peace, fellow racer, for we will see you back on the track again in a different realm.

Tomas

♥ 4DR Clan
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$724
Very unfortunate this news, rest in peace Kiyori.