• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Death Penalty (1 viewer)

Death penalty or not?

• Death penalty

• No death

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,741
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
I belive that there should be death penalty because it's like a instant solution to a problem. It is also cheaper, and the prisons will not overcrowd. This penalty is only for heinous or very serious crimes, such as r***, murder, and other serious stuff. It's basically cheaper and more efficient. What do you guys think?

I personally believe that there shouldn't be a death penalty. People should suffer and be tormented by what they've done and the pain and suffering they have caused upon another person and their families. Killing them just puts them out of their misery and it doesn't do anything for victims. They're the ones who are going live with it forever. They shouldn't have to but it's the cold reality.

I think it is okay to bring this thread back, because not that many people expressed opinions. I do think that death penalty should be used sparingly. If it is determined that one is not capable of living among other humans, the death penalty or complete solitude seems applicable. People's lives aren't something to play with though. If there is any reasonable doubt that someone is guilty of a crime, they can not be put to death. There needs to be complete, conclusive evidence. Not a shadow of a doubt. For this reason, I have no idea why anyone is plucked off the street to placed on a jury to decide the fate of a life, when quite frankly, some people either don't care at all what happens or are complete morons. I believe a counsel of judges should make the final decision on death penalty, because it is a very dangerous thing. People executed have later been found to be innocent.

Quite frankly, I don't think the death penalty should exist at all. I think there should be an insane amount of evidence like Neak suggested (which there usually isn't), and to be honest, killing them is the easy way out. For example, Osama Bin Laden was killed. Now I wasn't in the specific situation so I don't really have a right to talk, but I think bringing him back to the US and torturing him is better than just killing him. Meh /end2cents

I'm in between. I don't think that you should just be able to choose who you kill and who you don't but at the same time it costs tax payer money to build prisons and keep prisoners in there, when it would be financially better just to kill them, whether it be with lethal injection or a more painful form.

Regardless, I think it should be up to the victim's family to decide the punishment of their criminal, and both options shouldn't be taken out completely.

how is instant death even penalty like you dont suffer when you get shot through the head. it would be way worse if you sit in jail for your entire life and litterally die in there

Lex talionis.
An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
If you take a life, your life should be taken.

I'm a firm believer of the crime needing to fit the punishment, and I also believe it's necessary to give the death penalty to the people who committed said crimes who don't want to die more than sit in jail.

I would say no to the death penalty. I have also some good reason about it why it shouldn't be a thing. At the moment we live in a world were that people that have more money will win a virdict. For instance if somebody would do a murder, he can maybe shove it in the shoes of his partner and then he (the actually murder) will live but his friend who didn't kill him will die. How do you may ask? Well maybe the murder has more money and can pay for better lawyers. Ifd that is the case his friend will get the death penalty instead because he can't afford a good lawyer. Another reason is that there is sometimes not enough proof that a person killed somebody. If they kill then that persons who knows maybe he didn't do anything at all. Another reason (but that's my personal opinion) If you will give somebody the death penalty wouldn't you be a murderer instead? I mean think about it it's you who let somebody get killed. Even though they did a serious crime! I think it would be better that we folter the persons who did it and let they live a miseraeble life.

That's just my opnion though

I feel like the death penalty shouldn't be a thing, but I can understand it being used in certain situations.

Obviously if you take someone's life, it seems like they should get the same treatment. But it's kind of letting them off easy in a way, since they probably would prefer that to serving time in jail (depending how long it is) Obviously it does cost people money to hold people in prison so there's definitely two sides to the story

I think for the horrible criminals on this earth that abuse children should get the death penalty.

The death penalty, bring back the guillotine!

but really though, it should be better thought out, and the lethal injection is just crappy. just bring back the guillotine and raise the bar a bit.

Back