Do you think there should be a Mushroom Peaks remake?

Lewis

Green Shell
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,499
FC
1251-5432-2659
Switch FC
SW-4816-9145-7697
  • Bronze Members
I think it should change a little with these features:
  • Secret shortcuts and cannons
  • A fix for the mushrooms (obviously)
  • Less bumpy areas
  • More obstacles
  • Pits of water in random locations

Fergus

2023 I'll make my story.
Staff Member
4DR Co-Leader
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$23,710
FC
0693-1977-6539
NNID
No
Switch FC
:(
Clan
4DR
  • Helping Members
  • 4DR Co-Leaders
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
Better textures. I'm too good at it for it to be easier, then it wouldn't serve a purpose if it was easy.

Reactions: Lewis

Alpaca

Blooper
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5
FC
0220-7522-0359
Switch FC
1033-3436-8431
I think peaks, kartwood creek, and incendia castle need to be remade. They all look ugly and they would be better if they looked and maybe played better. And no more weird hitboxes and easier mushroom peaks sections

benjamin2

Blooper
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$237
FC
3012-4812-4645
I've seen quite a few comments lately about people talking about how there should be a Mushroom Peaks remake. It's probably the oldest Custrom Track out there with no redesign since its original release. So I think that's the culprit reason as to why people think that there should be a redesign. Personally, I don't think it should be redesigned or anything like that. Mushroom Peaks is the epitome of Custom Tracks. It's really what started it all. And in terms of anything classic, it's just something that shouldn't be touched. Besides, Custom Tracks that have been redesigned over the years were redesigned because they were too short, too long, there were spots that were too glitchy, or because the author personally wanted to. Mushroom Peaks doesn't really have any of that if you ask me. I mean sure, it's long, but nothing unbearable. Mushroom Peaks is the track that feels most like a normal track to me (in terms of glitches/spazziness). It seems very stable to me. What do you guys think about a possible redesign of Mushroom Peaks? I don't think Bean ever officially commented on this topic, but I've seen a lot of fans discussing it.
I think that if peaks is to be redone it keeps its initial layout like it is now however the corners are redone and made 2 laps as well as a complete revamp of textures to make it feel the same but more enjoyable for those who play it

Weexy

Blooper
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$70
FC
3785-5737-7780
I personally think it should get a redesign because after so many years, ppl are still having problems with it. I don't think the whole track should get an overhaul but giving it some tweeks to make it more playable but still keeping that classic old-school CT charm would be greatly appreciated by MANY many ppl.

Fergus

2023 I'll make my story.
Staff Member
4DR Co-Leader
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$23,710
FC
0693-1977-6539
NNID
No
Switch FC
:(
Clan
4DR
  • Helping Members
  • 4DR Co-Leaders
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
The thing is, changing textures wouldn't make it feel the same. Changing the layout would seem as if it was a new track.

Weexy

Blooper
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$70
FC
3785-5737-7780
But you can keep the feeling of a track but still making it more playable, even on Mushroom Peaks