• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Does Mario Kart 8 feel out of place? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,422
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like Mario Kart 8 is so distant and out of place from the rest of the Mario Kart line. It's so hard for me to put my finger on it, but I think it's the graphics. They feel... Too modern from the rest of the Mario Karts I guess? Do you guys share the same opinion as me? Why or why not? And if you do share the same opinion, do you agree with my reasoning, or do you have some other reasons? I'd be really curious to hear if people have some other reasons because I've always felt this way about Mario Kart 8 but could never really explain why that well.

Mario kart is more of the quality of racing over the graphics. Except.....MK8

Mario kart is more of the quality of racing over the graphics. Except.....MK8
So you're in agreement that MK8 seems a little too modern?

To me it feels out of place because of its ridiculous character roster and I feel like these new/made-up characters weren't needed excluding the Koopa Kids. Also the DLC. To some of you this wasn't really necessary for Nintendo to add to the game just to make more money out of it and have a better economy for their company. So yeah that's how I feel that 8 doesn't fit in to me.

No, it doesn't. It never won't seem so to me, at least. All of the Mario Kart games are part of one family, each edition bringing back the old traditions. Saying Mario Kart 8 is out of place is like taking one member of the family away from the others.

No, it doesn't. It never won't seem so to me, at least. All of the Mario Kart games are part of one family, each edition bringing back the old traditions. Saying Mario Kart 8 is out of place is like taking one member of the family away from the others.
Sure, but there are family members that are wacko and that are very distant from the rest.

It became from a mario game, to a profit game (DLC)

im only going to say this mk8 does not feel out of place every mario kart game has its issuses that people dont like

im only going to say this mk8 does not feel out of place every mario kart game has its issuses that people dont like
I'm not talking about issues. I'm not talking about the item system or the VR system, or any other 'screwed up' aspect of the game. I'm just saying that if you were to do a first impressions of ever Mario Kart, Mario Kart 8 would seem like the odd one out if you ask me. And I'm just trying to figure out why, and/or if other people agree with me.

I'm not talking about issues. I'm not talking about the item system or the VR system, or any other 'screwed up' aspect of the game. I'm just saying that if you were to do a first impressions of ever Mario Kart, Mario Kart 8 would seem like the odd one out if you ask me. And I'm just trying to figure out why, and/or if other people agree with me.
It wouldn't seem so to me because of the reasons above.

they feel r*******

All the songs on new Nintendo games sound like a horse opera, that's why. Every time I hear them, it makes me think of cowboys.

I don't know if I'd go as far to say that the game is "out of place". However, I would say that I prefer earlier kart games MUCH more than 8. I think for me it's just how different it feels to play it. True, it is very modern compared to its earlier relatives. I think I'd prefer it simply if it stayed more flat too lol. I'm not a fan of how drifting and wall riding is implemented in the version compared to older styles.

Back