1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Handheld Mario Kart?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS/3DS' started by NintenYoshi, Jul 15, 2018.

?

Which handheld MK do you like more?

1. Mario Kart Super Circuit

10.0%
  2. Mario Kart DS

60.0%
  3. Mario Kart 7

30.0%
  1. NintenYoshi

NintenYoshi Triple Bananas 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    No Switch :(
    Clan:
    4DR
    Which of the three Mario Kart handheld games (Super Circuit, DS and 7) is your favorite out of all, and why? (8 Deluxe doesn't count)

My favorite is DS for the great tracks, music, and content! The mission mode was fresh and amazing, battle mode was a blast with the elimination aspect and crazy physics, and making your own emblem! All of them are features that should return for the next MK. 7 and SC are still pretty nice, but they can't compare with DS honestly. :)

2. JoeySun

JoeySun B-Baka :x VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $28,321
    FC:
    2021-1499-8506
    Super circuit. It was my childhood ^^ its harder then mkds and it has way better music c:

• Like Like x 1
  3. NintenYoshi

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    Clan:
    4DR
    Interesting! I really like the music from that game as well, tracks like Yoshi Desert, Snow Land, and Rainbow Road are awesome. And yes, it is a very challenging game, not even 50cc has it easy from my experience xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia Triple Bananas 4DR Social Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,557
    Clan:
    4DRS & ιイ
    MKDS is my favorite because everything fits so well. There's a lot of shit to do. Races, online, battle mode, and the amazing mission mode. The mechanics are actually a little bit hard to master and are really unique.

MK7 was better than MK8U in my opinion because in MK8U was basically nothing outside of normal races to do. Sure there was a "battle mode" which was just a compilation of regular race tracks. MK7 also had much more unique characters.

MKSC is my least favorite Mario Kart overall. I know that's blasphemy for some people, but looking back on it, the mechanics are incredibly dull and boring, the maps are the same, not to mention it was basically fundamentaly the same game as SMK despite the 9 year difference. There's almost nothing unique about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. NintenYoshi

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    Clan:
    4DR
    Nice! I fully agree with your DS statement. For the 7 one I'm not sure as I haven't played 8U, but comparing it to MK7 7 does get the upper hand on some aspects. And while MKSC is not the best, it beats SMK by miles tbh. It's the latter game but slightly improved.

6. TaoaceyusTM

TaoaceyusTM THE STOP SIGN IS AN OCTAGON! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

FC:
    1337-0666-1337
    MKDS firstly. Played that years ago for the whole day. I also like MK7 (I played that competitive) but MKDS is the best. I haven’t played MKSC so I don’t comment MKSC. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. NintenYoshi

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    Clan:
    4DR
    Neat! I also spent entire days playing this back then. And the local multiplayer matches were just epic :D

8. Caio

Caio Banned Banned

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $23
    FC:
    0435-5001-7289
    MK8DX for Switch

9. TaoaceyusTM

TaoaceyusTM THE STOP SIGN IS AN OCTAGON! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

FC:
    1337-0666-1337
    Switch is primarily a home console. Nintendo itself said it.

10. Caio

Caio Banned Banned

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $23
    FC:
    0435-5001-7289
    Disagree. The Nintendo Switch is a portable device for sure.

11. TaoaceyusTM

FC:
    1337-0666-1337
    k for you it is.
    wikipedia.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Lewis

Lewis Green Shell Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,670
    FC:
    2840-6811-3905
    Switch FC:
    SW-4816-9145-7697
    Clan:
    4DR
    It is both a handheld and home console.
    Now let’s actually say which is our favourite.
    With the Switch included, I prefer Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but without, it would be Mario Kart 7.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Caio

Caio Banned Banned

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $23
    FC:
    0435-5001-7289
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alexandra1

Alexandra1 Blooper

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $414
    NNID:
    Alexandra101
    I’ve never played Super Circuit for the GBA, so I can’t really say how I feel about it. MKDS and MK7, on the other hand, were versions on handhelds I’ve played more of. I definitely have a bunch of memories of both versions, but I preferred MKDS a bit more than MK7 because I was able to challenge myself a lot better from improving and learning from others! Sure, I didn’t add and get to know players there at the time, but I saw some of the familiar players as I played more online. At least for MK7, I managed to play with my friends more, but I find it a bit more frustrating for some reasons unfortunately. I still enjoy it, but I guess I need to still practice more before taking players online. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peyton

Peyton Green Shell 4DR Veteran Member Bronze Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,676
    FC:
    4773-4165-4586
    Clan:
    4DR
    MKDS hands down

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NintenYoshi

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    Clan:
    4DR
    Nice! Well, I suppose the Switch can be counted as it is a hybrid, but pitting MK8D vs the handheld ones is no fair fight if you ask me xD

Cool! I never got to play online on MKDS properly, but local multiplayer was the best thing for it, along with it's lot of content. I play MK7 on local multiplayer frequently, and online as well, and the latter is quite a challenge :p

17. TaoaceyusTM

FC:
    1337-0666-1337
    I often played MKDS online... and often encountered hackers there... I'm still playing it online on Wiimmfi with friends. I never used local tho xD

• Like Like x 1
  18. NintenYoshi

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,334
    FC:
    0349-6006-0023
    Switch FC:
    Clan:
    4DR
    Interesting xD I know that you can play on Wiimmfi DS games but the process is a little complicated for me :p

19. TaoaceyusTM

FC:
    1337-0666-1337
    What’s complicated there? Just curious... You need a flashcard or Action Replay... Problem is, you can’t really play MKDS online with an emulator because the developers of DeSMuME for example implemented an error to avoid matchmaking - it has timing issues which lets the emulator disconnect.

20. hxrii

hxrii 'o' - Hari 2018 Bronze Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,142
    FC:
    5117-0143-6379
    NNID:
    itzHari
    Clan:
    4DR
    I would say Mario Kart 7.