1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions and Debates' started by amaya, Jan 18, 2015.

1. amaya

amaya ♥ 6 Years ♥ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Should Same s** Marriage be legal?

I personally strongly support this, not only because I am bi, but also a person is a person. You can marry whomever you want, it shouldn't be restricted to just a man and a woman. Religious barriers and limitations do exist however, because in Christianity (as well as several other religions) same-s** marriage isn't allowed or is looked down upon because the couple cannot reproduce life as they cannot make children if they are the same s**. That in itself is a very dumb argument, because there are still other options to have children as a same-s** couple, such as renting another person's body or adoption. Lesbian couples that do not adopt children usually call up a male friend and impregnate the woman clinically using Petri dishes and vice versa with male and male couples. Bisexual mates have more options, because they can feel comfortable having s** with the opposite gender to get one pregnant and have a child without paying extra medical expenses.

It's even harder for trans-gender people to feel safe in the community nowadays. They still are a human being, they are just "altered" to be the s** they truly believe they are. Most trans-gender surgeries happen because the person strongly believes they are the opposite gender that they are right now. Others happen for other reasons, but if that makes them happy, then I support it 100%. "Oh, but wot about them? THEY CANT FRICKIN REPRODUCE CUZ A MAN DON'T GET A BEAVER FROM SURGERY ARGH I'M AN ANTI GAY ACTIVIST LELELELEL" I already pointed out that even in that case, they can still have other options to bring life to the world (or at least have kids...), and sometimes, both people are trans-gender, and they can reproduce.

There must be limitations, as one shouldn't be able to marry their hamster or dog. Since they are unaware of what happens in marriage, you might marry them against their will, which can be inhumane, and having s** with a pet can be considered animal abuse.

So my opinion I would love to have same-s** marriage allowed in all areas, as long as some reasonable limitations exist.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Azula

Azula Sweet but Psycho VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    I'm actually so pissed off when it comes to this topic (not at the topic itself, but some of the responses I see around other places in regards to this topic). I completely support gay rights. I am straight, however, I think the LGBT (which is sometimes also referred to LGBTQ... the Q stands for "Queer", and while it is popular belief that Queer is a derogatory term-- it actually isn't. Look it up. But that's a whole other conversation for a different time) community is scared because they aren't accepted. They aren't "normal" in society's view. I mean, I'm pretty sure most of us have or still are going through a stage of our lives where we think Gay people are weird or made fun of them. I bet you 9 out of 10 people have. I feel ashamed to admit that I have, but I'm not going to sit here and lie and say that throughout middle school, I didn't make fun of gay people or thought gay people were weird. I did. However, I call it a stage because I believe you eventually realize that what you're doing is wrong and rethink and rework your thought process. I know I did. Like you said Sonic, the huge problem that most people have with Gay rights has to do with religion. A lot of religions have in their bible that it's wrong or it's a sin to be Gay and such, marry Gay, etc... I'm not a religious person, but I think it's a load of crap. God loved every single person, so why would he dismiss a certain group of people like a lot of religious people do because they are "following god". I actually had a super close and good friend who was transexual (I say was because she switched to her proper gender, and that's what she should be known as), and went from being a boy (whom she was miserable as) to a girl (she was a lot happier then). All these people are normal and have feelings and emotions. I also admit to using the one derogatory term that I think a lot of people are guilty of using: "that's so gay". I think it's just embedded into people's vocabulary and people have just used it so much that it's just become synonymous for stupid and people don't think a thing of it. Hopefully this changes for me and others soon, but it's unfortunately just embedded in my vocabulary for the time being, and I'm not proud of it. They aren't some monsters or anything like that. However, everything I've said so far only really applies to a question like "is it ok to be gay" or something similar. I haven't really answered the question as to "is it ok for gays to marry each other"

To the question above, I say of course! People are people, and you know what, if someone loves a person that happens to be of the same gender, then so be it. Love is love. It shouldn't matter who it is. I think gays should be able to marry each other anywhere in the world (I know this will take a while for it to be legal and accepted and all that jazz, but we're getting there slowly and surely). People shouldn't give it a second thought. So, let's now squash some "problems":
    1. Marrying gay = no children = no more children for a better population and economy. Sonic provided a solution to that problem above, but guess what-- that's fucking great! You want to know why? Because the world is too damn overpopulated anyway, so that's great!
    2. Children brought up in a gay environment tend to think the only way is to be gay since they are brought up that way 24/7. Nope. Statistics show that children who are brought up by gay couples grow up to be just as "normal" as someone who is raised by a straight couple.
    3. Gay couples make it awkward for other people. No they're just like everyone else. They're only "awkward" if you want them to be. Stop having that mindset.
    So just accept people for who they are. If you're gay, don't feel bad. Of course, every gay person has been nervous at one point or another about coming out to everyone. You can do it when you want. You don't have to do it at all if you don't want to. Do it when you want. However, don't change who you are to fit in with the "society norm". Guess what? You only live one life, so live it how you want to. Make your life how you want it to. There isn't any, "oh I'm going to come back again"... You don't. One life. Live it to the fullest the way YOU want it. If people don't like it? That sucks that you're living your life the way you want to and perfectly while they're trying to fit in. They lose in the end. You win.

Sorry if this was all over the place. I was thinking of things and typed them as I thought of them so I didn't forget. Good read/post, Sonic.

3. amaya

amaya ♥ 6 Years ♥ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Thanks for your input Zach. I REALLY hate admitting, but I did once have an anti-gay side of me when I was younger because at first it really didn't make sense. I hadn't discovered my true self yet, and most people don't until their teen years when they "mature". I have actually used derogatory terms before in the past, since I believed I was straight at the time, but after discovering I was bi at around 14, I abruptly switched sides. Since I have discovered, I have always been afraid to come out (and still am today). In fact, I've only come out in the clan and to a few of my IRL friends I really trust. I feel that my parents (especially my dad) might not respect me in the same way they used to, since my dad comes from a Christian extremist family, and has actually admitted right in my face that he is a d*** and an a******, and won't ever change. Coming out to him might make it worse, with his religious background and his personality. It's not the same story with my mom, in fact, she will most definitely celebrate since my cousin is gay, my Grandma on her side is a lesbian, my great aunt is a lesbian, and it seems that it is celebrated in that side of the family. Even with all the support, it seems impossible to come out without being judged harshly or shunned.

4. Tim

Tim Jesus may walk on water, but I swim on land VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $168
    FC:
    0518-9005-9480
    NNID:
    King157-MK8
    Clan:
    4DR
    Embarrassing as it may sound, I have no idea what you guys are talking about and it's probably best I don't find out :/

5. amaya

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    It's perfectly fine if you don't understand. Hate to be rude, but it's best not to post any messages that do not have a significant impact on the conversation in a serious thread, not that you did anything wrong. :)

6. Tim

Tim Jesus may walk on water, but I swim on land VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $168
    FC:
    0518-9005-9480
    NNID:
    King157-MK8
    Clan:
    4DR
    OK. Probably because I'm not a teen yet

7. Frost

Frost Broken. VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,612
    FC:
    2411-1844-9418
    Switch FC:
    SW-6092-7378-5415
    It seems like all of the important points are already addressed but yes, I do support gay marriage because humans are humans. Restricting gay marriage is just as bad as racism, and I am sick of people of judging others of who they are. And that is why I have never admit to anyone that I am bi. Yes, is true, I have never told anyone this, and I have kept quiet about it for years until now, and I will stay quiet about it because I know I will be judged. Black People are definitetly very judgmental about soneone like my type like "Ughhhhh nigga you gay" and all that crap. But I say here because I know you guys won't judge me for being bi. I still tell no one, even my own mom. But I agree that everyone should have the same rights.

8. amaya

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Yay! It feels good to get some of that weight off your shoulders. Don't worry about discrimination at all in this clan, you aren't alone. :)

9. Frost

Frost Broken. VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,612
    FC:
    2411-1844-9418
    Switch FC:
    SW-6092-7378-5415
    yeah true, and I trust everyone here, which is why is the only place told. well. a few others but oh well. I'm just glad to get it out. lol

10. JayX

JayX Nintendo Enthusiast VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,076
    FC:
    0907-9461-7838
    NNID:
    Luigi4u
    Clan:
    Alpha
    Yah me too! :(

11. amaya

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Don't worry, not everyone understands. I bet once you become a teen, you will understand at least a little bit and be able to have some kind of input on it.

12. Wolf

Wolf Triple Red Shells VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $27,555
    Clan:
    4DR
    Yeah I think it's sad that people TODAY still don't accept gay people. Gay people are the new black people in way. Pretty soon gay people will be accepted completely, but for now we'll just have to deal. The people that don't accept gay people today are extremely archaic, and I think it's safe to say that you're just messed up yourself if you don't accept other people for who they are.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrRock

MrRock Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,204
    Even though I'm a young teen I still don't get this :/

14. Azula

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    What part of it don't you get?

15. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,620
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    I believe that everyone should have equal rights, despite of anything :)

16. Azula

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    You don't have to know your sexual orientation. It will come to you when it wants to come. A lot of people are very sexually confused when it comes to their orientation. You don't have to know now. That's OK. Different things happen for different people at different times.

17. amaya

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,793
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Update on the matter!

As of June 26, 2015, gay marriage is legal in every state in the USA, EXCEPT Texas because Texans are dumbasses and can't accept change at any time in their useless lives lmfao! (sorry to any Texans on this forum I may have offended.) I know this is late but it needs to come up.

As we know by now, we are making a giant leap towards the rights we deserve. Unfortunately, the problem isn't entirely solved, as a survey claims that in most states, job applications can be delayed or even dropped entirely in some states for sexual orientation. As much as that angers me, it's still a huge relief that gays can now marry one another in almost every state (except Texas because they think they can do whatever the fuck they want).

We still have some obstacles to clear, but we are very well on our way towards equality for us. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Azula

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    It's no surprise to me that people in the Southern part of the country are going to try to find loopholes and make it illegal (such as disallowing people to marriage in a state at all... yes, some states have and are considering going to that extreme). The religious folks have the excuse of "you're dismissing religious beliefs", yet if we prevent gay marriage... We're dismissing freedom as well, which isn't fair to those folks. They go hand and hand and cancel each other out. So who is to say that religion is more important than freedom and vice versa? It's stupid.

19. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,620
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Didn't the south want slaves during the civil war?

20. Wolf

Wolf Triple Red Shells VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $27,555
    Clan:
    4DR
    Gay marriage should be legal. Other couples don't involve you, therefore, you shouldn't feel or repress the need to tell people not to marry who they want, unless you're an ignorant a****** :3

And, a lot of people don't like gay couples because they're worried that their kids will grow up gay. Which is ironic, because most gay people had straight couples for parents when they were growing up lol