• VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Early MK8 Purchasers
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Persistent Posters
  • DLC Collectors
Even though I am not a member, I think that all gear and weapons shouldn't be allowed. It gives an unfair advantage to those who haven't played the game, while those who actually spent time on the game can't unlock everything in a long time.
I think it should be allowed. Most of the competitive community and community itself as a whole condone it, so we're not going to be much different. That of course is not the main reason. The main reason is save scumming was a technique used where you would order gear from people with a shiny or a pure (shiny = a triple with each sub ability being the same; pure = main and sub abilities all being the same). The community accepted this and loads upon loads of people used it. Gear editing just makes it so much easier to get what you want and not have to stress yourself about getting the gear suitable for your combat. This is definitely one of the weaker forms of hacking in addition to what has already been stated. The safe method is not harmful so long as you turn off your Wii U and shut down the program before actually entering online. Not only is the gear editing program currently safe, but it is also condoned by many a person.

It's really up to whether you guys want to use it or not. We don't 100% recommend it, but we wouldn't point a finger at you if you did edit your gear.

Reactions: Plex

Jason

'13-'17 - 4DR
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$63
  • Contest Winners
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • 3 Year Membership
  • Weapon Collectors
  • Top Level Players
  • Addicted to Racing
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 4DR Ex-Moderator Lightning Bolt
  • Staff Conquerors
  • Helpful Threads
Please add the following two to the allowed list.

- Level Hacking
- Rank Hacking

Personally, I think it should be on the allowed list. This is because, well, you're level and rank doesn't mean shit. you can be S+ and still be a bad player, you can be level 50 and not be the top, it doesn't necessarily effect it.
While I highly question why one would want to hack to S+, hey, that's not my thought.

Justin

<b><font color="red">Splatoon Freak</font></b>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,122
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
  • 5 Year Membership
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • S+ 99 Achievement
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Early MK8 Purchasers
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Persistent Posters
  • DLC Collectors
Please add the following two to the allowed list.

- Level Hacking
- Rank Hacking

Personally, I think it should be on the allowed list. This is because, well, you're level and rank doesn't mean shit. you can be S+ and still be a bad player, you can be level 50 and not be the top, it doesn't necessarily effect it.
While I highly question why one would want to hack to S+, hey, that's not my thought.
I get your claims, but personally I do not want people hacking their profiles in regards to ranks/levels. This applies more so to rank than it does to level, but I will treat them both equally. Do we really want people in our clan hacking their ranks and ending up in S+ lobbies but making the clan look bad due to their inability to play with the best of the best? I would not want to encourage that.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,032
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
It's kind of similar to hacking your VR on MKW. Sure, it may not really have any direct harm, but you look like an idiot if you have 9999VR and lose all of it because it obviously isn't your legit VR. :p

Jason

'13-'17 - 4DR
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$63
  • Contest Winners
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • 3 Year Membership
  • Weapon Collectors
  • Top Level Players
  • Addicted to Racing
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 4DR Ex-Moderator Lightning Bolt
  • Staff Conquerors
  • Helpful Threads
I get your claims, but personally I do not want people hacking their profiles in regards to ranks/levels. This applies more so to rank than it does to level, but I will treat them both equally. Do we really want people in our clan hacking their ranks and ending up in S+ lobbies but making the clan look bad due to their inability to play with the best of the best? I would not want to encourage that.
I mean, I see your point also. It's up to you whether it's allowed or not, I'm fine with either. :)

amaya

The Master of Faster
Staff member
Head Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Active Forum Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$3,224
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Addicted to Racing
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
They do have a good point. It's kind of like VR hacking in MKWii and since we already are hesitant about that, why would it be any different for Splatoon. I originally wanted to add it, but I forgot that it's kind of like VR hacking. So therefore, it will not be added.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,032
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Yeah, I see your point.
No worries 8-p
Always appreciate the suggestions though! So if you or anyone else has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to post them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.