• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Help restoring Wiims ISO tools (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GLiTCH

Blooper
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$416
Hello everyone! I'm new here, Though I'm not new to modding. This however, is my first venture into modding for an emulated copy of Mario Kart Wii.

I recently installed Wiims ISO Tools to my computer, Hoping to add Custom game music and a Funky kong Reskin. I extracted the tool to my desktop and ran the installer. Upon finishing, I was told to restart my computer. So I did. After waiting for my pc to reboot, I attemped to extract my .wbfs file of Mario Kart Wii which I had already patched for Wiimmfi compatibility. It gave me this error.

1617207248863.png

I assumed the instalation went wrong so I tried reinstalling. This gave me yet another error.

1617207336395.png

I tried following an uninstal guide posted here a couple years back. (This one)

It specifies a folder located in my system directory and to delete it. But this folder does not exist in both the default system directory and my x86 directory. Now I'm left with a programm that does not work. Does anyone know how I can restore the tool?

Good morning! :)
Simply said: You have entered an invalid command, Wiimm's ISO Tools commands always start with wit (abbreviation for said tool).
After that, enter the specific command (in that case extract) followed by your parameters (load & save destinations).

Example:
Code:
wit extract C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\RMCP01.iso C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\Mario_Kart
Here I told the tool to extract the contents of my copy of Mario Kart Wii (which is located in my Desktop) in a new folder (located in my Desktop).

Hope I could help you out and don't hesitate to ask further questions. ;)

Upvote 0
Good morning! :)
Simply said: You have entered an invalid command, Wiimm's ISO Tools commands always start with wit (abbreviation for said tool).
After that, enter the specific command (in that case extract) followed by your parameters (load & save destinations).

Example:
Code:
wit extract C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\RMCP01.iso C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\Mario_Kart
Here I told the tool to extract the contents of my copy of Mario Kart Wii (which is located in my Desktop) in a new folder (located in my Desktop).

Hope I could help you out and don't hesitate to ask further questions. ;)
I did what you said, but uit gave me the exact same error.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just the same error or something else?
1617303403815.png
Post automatically merged:
Please remember to use the " Edit" button to incorporate changes into your post when available.

Update: I have installed a newer version and hoping this time it will work. The installer did not give me an error this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another Update: It works now!
Glad it worked out.
I assume you didn't launch the command window at a certain destination or something went wrong with the installer.
WIT and the other tools of the same family might be bothersome for a layman but they are very helpful once you read through the documentation. :)

Upvote 0

Back