• Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
It seems to me that a lot of people get bored of MKW, and I don't really understand why. I understand that repition is boring to most. Personally, I disagree with that. I think that repetition is more comfortable than mundane. But even so, I still don't understand how people can get bored so easily, unless you play TTs all day (in which case that's more understandable, but a person like that can't really complain if they're choosing to play TTs all day). But I assume most people play WWs pretty regularly, and you really don't have the same exact race ever, or rarely at the very least. Even when playing with the same people, not each race ends up the same because of the different play styles, courses, and items. And if there's different people in the room (which is usually the case as players and coming and going from the WW), then it only makes it more interesting. So it's just confusing to me when people say they're bored of the game, because it's just not really a game where you experience the same thing time after time after time. Do you guys think that when people say that, it's maybe an excuse for other boring aspects of their life, or maybe they're getting into a lot of drama or whatever and is tiring them out, or is it something else? And if you've ever been a person that said you were bored of the game, I'm interested in hearing your side of the story too of course.

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Co-Leader Blue Shell
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
Because, you're playing the same game everytime. It doesn't matter if it's different people, or a different course, or a different item. It feels the same. I can't believe you're confused when people say they get bored. Like are you kidding me? It's been out for 8 eight years, and every race is like the same old shit. It's still fun, but it gets pretty boring especially with the typical disconnects and shitty red shell hits.

amaya

All Part of a Redneck Agenda
Staff Member
Head Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$3,201
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Addicted to Racing
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
Well since Wiimmfi doesn't have nearly as many people as it used to back in NWFC (and the number isn't getting much higher, even with the fact that new features are being added as we speak). People think of MKWii as a chapter of their life, and a lot of the players (including Troy) have since completed that chapter. They probably moved to other games, such as Smash 4, Splatoon, etc. The community is slowly diminishing and if something isn't done (like an extremely hype tournament).

It was the same story for Smash at one point. MLG stopped sponsoring them in 2006, and the community slowly diminished to a small little group of people. Then, in 2009, that group made one final tournament to say goodbye to the game once and for all. Then Match 4 of Losers Finals between Mew2King (one of the underdogs, due to him having autism and playing like a robot) versus DaShizDaWiz (a popular Falco player at the time). The match is online on YouTube and has almost 800 thousand views, due to an amazing comeback of Mew2King finally learning to wait for the opponent to make a mistake and punish the opponent. The video generated an insane amount of hype and ultimately revived the game, which now has millions of players around the world (good and bad) loving arguably the most popular eSport of the modern day.

The same thing can happen for MKWii, but it will take a miracle like Match 4 to make this game popular and mainstream again. I remember talking to a few people IRL about MKWii and it was somewhat mainstream a few years ago. Unfortunately, people assume that the game is dead now because of the NWFC shutdown. If the competitive community would get off their ass and start doing something about it (such as having the immature people mature for once), then yeah, maybe we could get something, but that community's immaturity and the outside world's ignorance of Wiimmfi is not helping the problem.

TL;DR, too many of the popular players have diminished from the scene, people simply aren't aware of Wiimmfi's existence to make it popular again, and the game is slowly dying and will eventually cease to exist unless some miracle happens to revive the game to it's former glory.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Because, you're playing the same game everytime. It doesn't matter if it's different people, or a different course, or a different item. It feels the same. I can't believe you're confused when people say they get bored. Like are you kidding me? It's been out for 8 eight years, and every race is like the same old shit. It's still fun, but it gets pretty boring especially with the typical disconnects and shitty red shell hits.
Couldn't disagree more. If it were the same people, same courses, and no items, I could totally understand how it would be a bit boring for people. But the fact that all those factors contribute to a race and no race is exactly the same (there's always some variation in a race). That's what is super special about MKW and is the reason why people still play today. You think that if the game was AS boring as you're trying to play it off to be, people would still be playing after 8 years? Probably not. People still play BECAUSE of that variety. If it were the same thing every time like you're saying, them obviously yes, whoever still plays and is interested in it is probably out of their mind. I've been playing the game for 5+ years and not once have decided to actually take a break and say "wow so boring time to move on or take a break!". Maybe I've said it (I don't think I ever have), but I still have never taken a break. I play every weekend and frankly, a lot of the time I play during some days of the week. Certainly there are times where it's annoying, but that's because of the people that are in this community... Not that the game ever gets boring. You can try and bring that around to astrology and say that a Taurus is stubborn and persistent of whatever, but at the end of the day, I like the game because of the variety that you seem to think is lacking.
Well since Wiimmfi doesn't have nearly as many people as it used to back in NWFC (and the number isn't getting much higher, even with the fact that new features are being added as we speak). People think of MKWii as a chapter of their life, and a lot of the players (including Troy) have since completed that chapter. They probably moved to other games, such as Smash 4, Splatoon, etc. The community is slowly diminishing and if something isn't done (like an extremely hype tournament).

It was the same story for Smash at one point. MLG stopped sponsoring them in 2006, and the community slowly diminished to a small little group of people. Then, in 2009, that group made one final tournament to say goodbye to the game once and for all. Then Match 4 of Losers Finals between Mew2King (one of the underdogs, due to him having autism and playing like a robot) versus DaShizDaWiz (a popular Falco player at the time). The match is online on YouTube and has almost 800 thousand views, due to an amazing comeback of Mew2King finally learning to wait for the opponent to make a mistake and punish the opponent. The video generated an insane amount of hype and ultimately revived the game, which now has millions of players around the world (good and bad) loving arguably the most popular eSport of the modern day.

The same thing can happen for MKWii, but it will take a miracle like Match 4 to make this game popular and mainstream again. I remember talking to a few people IRL about MKWii and it was somewhat mainstream a few years ago. Unfortunately, people assume that the game is dead now because of the NWFC shutdown. If the competitive community would get off their ass and start doing something about it (such as having the immature people mature for once), then yeah, maybe we could get something, but that community's immaturity and the outside world's ignorance of Wiimmfi is not helping the problem.

TL;DR, too many of the popular players have diminished from the scene, people simply aren't aware of Wiimmfi's existence to make it popular again, and the game is slowly dying and will eventually cease to exist unless some miracle happens to revive the game to it's former glory.
I agree with a lot of what you said in here and you make some great points... HOWEVER, I don't necessarily agree with the light you see the game in. Sure, not as many people play. Sure, there aren't as many "big players" that are present. But I don't think that means that the activity is decreasing. In fact, Wiimmfi has only gotten more popular and will continue to be more popular. I don't see it decreasing or slowly dying as you seem to see it.

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,457
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
Maybe because other players move on to more "exciting" games such as FPS games. Although MKW is more fun than all those games, those games have more thrill, and makes your heart beat faster, and gives you a rush in the fear dying. This may also be why people in MKW play in wars or CSL, to get that rush.

Civil Wars though, makes the game more interesting. ;)

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Maybe because other players move on to more "exciting" games such as FPS games. Although MKW is more fun than all those games, those games have more thrill, and makes your heart beat faster, and gives you a rush in the fear dying. This may also be why people in MKW play in wars or CSL, to get that rush.

Civil Wars though, makes the game more interesting. ;)
You definitely bring up a good point. Maybe people are checking out other games and comparing these 'high-action thrill games' to MKW; thus MKW looks boring in comparison... That could certainly be understandable. But I know a few people that have sad the game is boring and they didn't compare MKW to any other games- so I wonder what was going on there. And yes, the inner clan wars are very nice. ;) Variety of modes like that make the game that more interesting.

aqua

Banned
Banned
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$10
  • Contest Winners
I find the game fun and exciting when talking to friends and racing with them. It just really adds what the game needs for me

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,457
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
You definitely bring up a good point. Maybe people are checking out other games and comparing these 'high-action thrill games' to MKW; thus MKW looks boring in comparison... That could certainly be understandable. But I know a few people that have sad the game is boring and they didn't compare MKW to any other games- so I wonder what was going on there. And yes, the inner clan wars are very nice. ;) Variety of modes like that make the game that more interesting.
In ********s, people play league of legends. But I think that game is bad.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5
Clan
4DR
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
Couldn't disagree more. If it were the same people, same courses, and no items, I could totally understand how it would be a bit boring for people. But the fact that all those factors contribute to a race and no race is exactly the same (there's always some variation in a race). That's what is super special about MKW and is the reason why people still play today. You think that if the game was AS boring as you're trying to play it off to be, people would still be playing after 8 years? Probably not. People still play BECAUSE of that variety. If it were the same thing every time like you're saying, them obviously yes, whoever still plays and is interested in it is probably out of their mind. I've been playing the game for 5+ years and not once have decided to actually take a break and say "wow so boring time to move on or take a break!". Maybe I've said it (I don't think I ever have), but I still have never taken a break. I play every weekend and frankly, a lot of the time I play during some days of the week. Certainly there are times where it's annoying, but that's because of the people that are in this community... Not that the game ever gets boring. You can try and bring that around to astrology and say that a Taurus is stubborn and persistent of whatever, but at the end of the day, I like the game because of the variety that you seem to think is lacking.

I agree with a lot of what you said in here and you make some great points... HOWEVER, I don't necessarily agree with the light you see the game in. Sure, not as many people play. Sure, there aren't as many "big players" that are present. But I don't think that means that the activity is decreasing. In fact, Wiimmfi has only gotten more popular and will continue to be more popular. I don't see it decreasing or slowly dying as you seem to see it.
Ugh I can't believe I'm choosing to continue arguing this especiialy since you're a Taurus, but here goes. Another persons variety is another persons boredom. For you not to see that is a little closed. From your logic, I could argue that Agar.io is so fun because literally every game is different because there's skins that you can try on, different people every game, and you don't know if you'll get eaten or get huge. Even with all those factors, it's boring as fuck because it FEELS the same; you're just used to it. I mean, I feel like you're accusing me of being annoying for "taking a break" even though I've tried to add some variety. Idk what you think about variety, but I think variety is different game modes and settings; not like different races or DETAILS. One little ass detail doesn't change shit. "I got a red shell this race instead of getting a green shell, OMG ITS SO DIFFERENT. "I got 7th instead of 1st. OMG ITS SO NOT BORING." "Oh I'm WWing with Candy today instead Kitty." Like wtf it's still the same. The different "real" varieties, game modes, in my opinion are lacking. We can't hack anymore like we did years ago. We don't clan war. TTing isn't really interesting to me anymore and you can't even play that with people online. Nintendo doesn't really support mkwii anymore, so there's no updates or many new players. The internet is so shitty sometimes, and it's especially boring to play with disconnects. We don't battle WW anymore. We have the same textures. I've offered to play custom tracks, which you've declined every fucking time. I would be so less bored because we would have to learn new tracks and understand different techniques. If we did custom tracks it would be something that stimulates my mind for once, instead of just WWing like a zombie with your eyes like this .______. So to me it's pretty obvious why it's boring. So much cool stuff and has been lost over the years. The only argument you have is that the races are only different by the details and that's enough for it to not be boring. Kidding me right now. The amount of variety is so limited. Furthermore, you seem to be pretty bored with mkwii yourself, honestly. Especially since you get off mkwii when I get off. Your activity depends on my activity. And that's because playing alone is boring. Why? Because you're so used to mkwii that playing without friends, who make mkwii interesting, makes mkwii not even worth the time. And yeah, you do play without me sometimes, but usually it's with Rachel or at least someone else in the clan. Last saturday for example, you didn't play at all because I didn't play so like... BTW If I were you, I wouldn't argue that mkwii is NOT boring because of the "variety" but because the people you hang out with while you play makes the game fun. And that's why I still play mkwii. But people can get pretty boring after calling them for 3 hours, especially when you run out of things to talk about, which ultimately makes mkwii boring. I'm not gonna sit a WW alone and not be bored. There's just no way because of the things I've mentioned above. So hopefully you won't completely disagree with me because I make some very valid points.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Ugh I can't believe I'm choosing to continue arguing this especiialy since you're a Taurus, but here goes. Another persons variety is another persons boredom. For you not to see that is a little closed. From your logic, I could argue that Agar.io is so fun because literally every game is different because there's skins that you can try on, different people every game, and you don't know if you'll get eaten or get huge. Even with all those factors, it's boring as fuck because it FEELS the same; you're just used to it. I mean, I feel like you're accusing me of being annoying for "taking a break" even though I've tried to add some variety. Idk what you think about variety, but I think variety is different game modes and settings; not like different races or DETAILS. One little ass detail doesn't change shit. "I got a red shell this race instead of getting a green shell, OMG ITS SO DIFFERENT. "I got 7th instead of 1st. OMG ITS SO NOT BORING." "Oh I'm WWing with Candy today instead Kitty." Like wtf it's still the same. The different "real" varieties, game modes, in my opinion are lacking. We can't hack anymore like we did years ago. We don't clan war. TTing isn't really interesting to me anymore and you can't even play that with people online. Nintendo doesn't really support mkwii anymore, so there's no updates or many new players. The internet is so shitty sometimes, and it's especially boring to play with disconnects. We don't battle WW anymore. We have the same textures. I've offered to play custom tracks, which you've declined every fucking time. I would be so less bored because we would have to learn new tracks and understand different techniques. If we did custom tracks it would be something that stimulates my mind for once, instead of just WWing like a zombie with your eyes like this .______. So to me it's pretty obvious why it's boring. So much cool stuff and has been lost over the years. The only argument you have is that the races are only different by the details and that's enough for it to not be boring. Kidding me right now. The amount of variety is so limited. Furthermore, you seem to be pretty bored with mkwii yourself, honestly. Especially since you get off mkwii when I get off. Your activity depends on my activity. And that's because playing alone is boring. Why? Because you're so used to mkwii that playing without friends, who make mkwii interesting, makes mkwii not even worth the time. And yeah, you do play without me sometimes, but usually it's with Rachel or at least someone else in the clan. Last saturday for example, you didn't play at all because I didn't play so like... BTW If I were you, I wouldn't argue that mkwii is NOT boring because of the "variety" but because the people you hang out with while you play makes the game fun. And that's why I still play mkwii. But people can get pretty boring after calling them for 3 hours, especially when you run out of things to talk about, which ultimately makes mkwii boring. I'm not gonna sit a WW alone and not be bored. There's just no way because of the things I've mentioned above. So hopefully you won't completely disagree with me because I make some very valid points.
Of course. People have different opinions and one person who thinks something is interesting is completely boring and lame to another person. I think I've pretty much recognized this. If I didn't realize that, I don't think I would've made this thread asking. I said I don't understand how people get bored not because I don't realize and respect another's opinion, but because I just don't find it ever boring and wanted people to give me some of their own personal input as to why they find it boring if they have any experience with "taking a break" or anything like that. I can understand your point about agar.io, but two things: you should take your own advice and realize that what's "boring as fuck" to you is completely interesting to other people, but most importantly: skins to items in MKW is a bad comparison. Skins on agar.io are comparable to different characters on MKW. I agree that they don't change the game much, but items do, which agar.io obviously doesn't have. If they had power ups or something else in agar.io, that would be much more comparable to items on MKW. But you're comparing apples to oranges here, and it doesn't really make much sense. Well yeah I do accuse you of quitting early because I like people who are consistent AND persistent. And a lot of the times you aren't that when playing. I mean if we DC three times in a row, you seem to just be done with life which I don't get. Why not keep trying? It's just kind of lame that I make quite a few sacrifices to play with you sometimes and you just leave. Like I don't sit in my bed to play, I sit in this crappy, old, hard computer chair for hours on end. I stay up until midnight to play as much as possible with you. I know those are my choices and we all have things to do, but it's just sometimes a slap in the face when you're just like "wow 10 PM time to go!!". Again, different people have different tolerances, yes I know. But it's just annoying at times. But I'm not really here to discuss any of that. You're thinking too specifically. Your placement and items change everything. You could get a golden shroom and win one race, you could get shocked on the grass one race and be screwed, you could get blued, etc, etc, etc... There are endless combinations of stuff that can happen. I'm not sure if you're blind to the possibilities or simply don't want to see them. But as I said in my first post, if the game was really as boring as you're making it out to be, then people wouldn't play it. Point blank. But items and people change every race and the results. Different game modes can be fun, but TTing obviously doesn't offer variety. And yeah CTs are boring to me. I only find WWs fun. CTs have variety to them too, but I just don't really find them interesting. I've already explained why many times, so I don't think I have to really explain myself all over again here. If WWs really bore you that much, then I mean you don't really have to play. I'm certainly not like that, and Aqua isn't either. In fact, he outlasts us all and would continue to play it all of us didn't get off. This leads me to believe that this is a problem with really you instead of the game itself. Ehh I wouldn't go as far as to say my activity depends on your activity. It just so happens that people don't really get on until later in the afternoon when you get up and whatever. If people played in the morning, I would be all over that. And I don't really need friends to have a good time. I've played plenty of times by myself, I just rather play with friends because obviously I'm a leader of this clan; rather play with people in the clan of course. But I do agree with you in terms of some of the fun aspects of MKW have been lost over the years, but I don't agree that the game is completely boring now or anything like that. No, if I played a game that was boring as crap with friends, I'd be gone. Like what if 4DR became an online checkers clan (yawning right now). Honestly, I (among many others) would leave! I love my friends and would still keep in touch with them, but not through the clan that is playing some sort of lame game. Saturn, I think you get bored because you're not really engaged in the conversation. Half the time you're tuning out to music or wondering what song is next, so you probably don't even hear half of what we're saying anyway. When Aqua and I had a call 1-on-1, we were both interested in what each other were saying and had a ton to talk about. So when what you say only really applies to yourself instead of the group as a whole, I have a hard time believing it. So I mean say I'm stubborn or whatever because I'm a Taurus if that makes you sleep better, but I simply agree what I agree with and disagree with what I disagree with. I've agreed with some of your points, and I've agreed with other people in general, so the whole "you're stubborn" act is pretty lame. Disagreeing does not equal being stubborn.

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5
Clan
4DR
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
Of course. People have different opinions and one person who thinks something is interesting is completely boring and lame to another person. I think I've pretty much recognized this. If I didn't realize that, I don't think I would've made this thread asking. I said I don't understand how people get bored not because I don't realize and respect another's opinion, but because I just don't find it ever boring and wanted people to give me some of their own personal input as to why they find it boring if they have any experience with "taking a break" or anything like that. I can understand your point about agar.io, but two things: you should take your own advice and realize that what's "boring as fuck" to you is completely interesting to other people, but most importantly: skins to items in MKW is a bad comparison. Skins on agar.io are comparable to different characters on MKW. I agree that they don't change the game much, but items do, which agar.io obviously doesn't have. If they had power ups or something else in agar.io, that would be much more comparable to items on MKW. But you're comparing apples to oranges here, and it doesn't really make much sense. Well yeah I do accuse you of quitting early because I like people who are consistent AND persistent. And a lot of the times you aren't that when playing. I mean if we DC three times in a row, you seem to just be done with life which I don't get. Why not keep trying? It's just kind of lame that I make quite a few sacrifices to play with you sometimes and you just leave. Like I don't sit in my bed to play, I sit in this crappy, old, hard computer chair for hours on end. I stay up until midnight to play as much as possible with you. I know those are my choices and we all have things to do, but it's just sometimes a slap in the face when you're just like "wow 10 PM time to go!!". Again, different people have different tolerances, yes I know. But it's just annoying at times. But I'm not really here to discuss any of that. You're thinking too specifically. Your placement and items change everything. You could get a golden shroom and win one race, you could get shocked on the grass one race and be screwed, you could get blued, etc, etc, etc... There are endless combinations of stuff that can happen. I'm not sure if you're blind to the possibilities or simply don't want to see them. But as I said in my first post, if the game was really as boring as you're making it out to be, then people wouldn't play it. Point blank. But items and people change every race and the results. Different game modes can be fun, but TTing obviously doesn't offer variety. And yeah CTs are boring to me. I only find WWs fun. CTs have variety to them too, but I just don't really find them interesting. I've already explained why many times, so I don't think I have to really explain myself all over again here. If WWs really bore you that much, then I mean you don't really have to play. I'm certainly not like that, and Aqua isn't either. In fact, he outlasts us all and would continue to play it all of us didn't get off. This leads me to believe that this is a problem with really you instead of the game itself. Ehh I wouldn't go as far as to say my activity depends on your activity. It just so happens that people don't really get on until later in the afternoon when you get up and whatever. If people played in the morning, I would be all over that. And I don't really need friends to have a good time. I've played plenty of times by myself, I just rather play with friends because obviously I'm a leader of this clan; rather play with people in the clan of course. But I do agree with you in terms of some of the fun aspects of MKW have been lost over the years, but I don't agree that the game is completely boring now or anything like that. No, if I played a game that was boring as crap with friends, I'd be gone. Like what if 4DR became an online checkers clan (yawning right now). Honestly, I (among many others) would leave! I love my friends and would still keep in touch with them, but not through the clan that is playing some sort of lame game. Saturn, I think you get bored because you're not really engaged in the conversation. Half the time you're tuning out to music or wondering what song is next, so you probably don't even hear half of what we're saying anyway. When Aqua and I had a call 1-on-1, we were both interested in what each other were saying and had a ton to talk about. So when what you say only really applies to yourself instead of the group as a whole, I have a hard time believing it. So I mean say I'm stubborn or whatever because I'm a Taurus if that makes you sleep better, but I simply agree what I agree with and disagree with what I disagree with. I've agreed with some of your points, and I've agreed with other people in general, so the whole "you're stubborn" act is pretty lame. Disagreeing does not equal being stubborn.
I like to WW, but only with friends and so that's why I play. And the conversations go in an uninteresting circle. Idk if you've noticed, but there's this agonizing pattern to them. I always here the same things. I could write of list of things that I will hear every time and guarantee 100% that they will be said again, and it's like, "Ugh what am I even talking about anymore." We're like going through the motions for whatever reason. There are some days, like once every 3 months, where I have a really good conversation with you and it's amazing. Like I remember this one time when I got hacks for the first time and things were so exciting and we were like connected. I felt a true unison and I didn't hear those same things that I always hear from you. It wasn't this boring usual humor of jokes you make because you like to be "funny" and "make people laugh." And I think you just try to make people laugh because there's nothing else to really talk about so I can't blame you.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I like to WW, but only with friends and so that's why I play. And the conversations go in an uninteresting circle. Idk if you've noticed, but there's this agonizing pattern to them. I always here the same things. I could write of list of things that I will hear every time and guarantee 100% that they will be said again, and it's like, "Ugh what am I even talking about anymore." We're like going through the motions for whatever reason. There are some days, like once every 3 months, where I have a really good conversation with you and it's amazing. Like I remember this one time when I got hacks for the first time and things were so exciting and we were like connected. I felt a true unison and I didn't hear those same things that I always hear from you. It wasn't this boring usual humor of jokes you make because you like to be "funny" and "make people laugh." And I think you just try to make people laugh because there's nothing else to really talk about so I can't blame you.
I'll reply to you on Skype or something since I think we are derailing this thread topic. :p

Tomas

♥ 4DR Clan
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$719
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 3 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Staff Conquerors
In my case, I can not say I get bored playing MKW, because only play on weekends. That is helpful because playing a lot, sooner or later can make to lose interest in the game.
As Zach says, the game has variations in each race. So each race is a new chapter to write. So for me that help to have a different experience each time. Other factors to lose interest may be: If you care only to win and not assimilate well defeats, stress that can generate the game as result get bored of the game will be more easier. Also little kids get bored more easy than the slightly older people as they prefer more the current games. Like me and others we keep playing this game for the love we have to this game. Playing eight years after the release of the game. So bored is not an option!

Tim

Jesus may walk on water, but I swim on land
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$96
FC
0518-9005-9480
NNID
King157-MK8
Clan
4DR
  • Ultimate Staff Conquerors
  • 3 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Coin Collectors
  • DLC Collectors
  • Staff Conquerors
  • 4DR Veteran Members
I'm going to be honest, I'm getting bored of MKW myself. It's the same thing over and over and it just isn't the same without Nintendo WFC. Now it's all people with experience with the game and I don't get 1st often anymore. I asked @DaMan why he stopped playing and he said that he was actually never that interested in the game and he just played it because I liked it. He got bored of it because he had trouble placing well on wiimmfi rather than NWFC and he wasn't having fun.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I'm going to be honest, I'm getting bored of MKW myself. It's the same thing over and over and it just isn't the same without Nintendo WFC. Now it's all people with experience with the game and I don't get 1st often anymore. I asked @DaMan why he stopped playing and he said that he was actually never that interested in the game and he just played it because I liked it. He got bored of it because he had trouble placing well on wiimmfi rather than NWFC and he wasn't having fun.
Hmm well yeah, if you're not interested in a game, then of course you'll quit earlier on than people who are interested in the game. I think that if he were interested in the game, he would've played more and gotten better- then Wiimmfi would be more appealing for him. I mean really, that's how it worked for all of us. We all started out sucking completely at the game, but because we are so interested, we become better at the game But why do you think it's the same thing over and over again? I mean I just really don't get it. I could understand if every race played out the same, but it doesn't (even with the computers!). I would completely agree if you played every race and every single item people got was a blooper. That's much more understandable. But there are different items and different obstacles- I don't understand how anyone could get bored from that. That's the one thing MKW has going for it. The game physics and courses are all the same, but the items and how people use them creates a truly unique race every time. Sure, you might front run 5 races in a row, but you might've gotten blued 1 time during 1 race, 0 times the other, etc... If people find that boring and don't look at it like that, then I guess that's their thing. But I don't understand how people can play Super Mario Bros (or whatever the game is. I'm not really a "Nintendo gamer" or anything) which is much more mundane than MKW, and then say MKW is boring. Like it's like you complete all the levels, and then your done. You can replay all the levels, but it will be the same experience. This isn't how it works for MKW, which is why I don't understand why people get bored so easily.

Jaggy

Banana
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
FC
2580-5060-0147
  • Staff Conquerors
I enjoyed reading through this threat so far :p I'm gonna give my input. I personally dont think that there are only two parts of the spectrum. I dont believe that either no players would never get bored of Mario Kart Wii because of the variety aspect, nor do I believe that every player would eventually get bored because of the feeling of repetitiveness and redundancy. I believe that there are some people on either end of the spectrum, like Zachy seems to be on one end of the spectrum where he never gets bored of it, and another guy, let's call him Bob, on the other end where he gets completely bored and never plays it again. I do believe that there is a couple areas in between. One being that people get bored every once in a while, one where people play it every so often, and one where people do get bored of it but come back to it and enjoy it for a little bit. You could sat that Saturn is somewhere in the middle. I don't really get bored of Mario Kart Wii. In the past, I had a sense of being bored and I moved on to Xbox stuff, a little before the shutdown. I was a call of duty gamer for a few years, and I eventually got bored of that. So basically, in the past, I was initially on zachys area of the spectrum, then I eventually got bored of Wii as a whole, and I kind of went through a phase of Xbox. I still play Xbox, but usually just fifa and call of duty every once in a while. I believe that the race variety argument can work for not being bored, and the repetitiveness of the concept of the game can also be a significant point to the argument towards people being bored of Mario kart wii and trying new things. I don't get bored of Mario kart Wii because of a few things. The first, nostalgia. I wanted to revisit Mario kart Wii, and got hooked ever since. The second is VR. I don't mind VR all so much, but it is something that does keep me into Mario kart Wii. I try to set a goal to get to 9000 VR, and is part of my motivation to play. 3rd, the never ending possibilities of occurrences and outcomes of a race. One race you could get hit by a million items and get an adrenaline rush, another you can enjoy a smooth sailing 1st place victory. Its all a matter of preference. Peoples opinions differ, and different people have different tolerances for these kind of things. That's how I see it.

Reactions: Azula

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,808
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I enjoyed reading through this threat so far :p I'm gonna give my input. I personally dont think that there are only two parts of the spectrum. I dont believe that either no players would never get bored of Mario Kart Wii because of the variety aspect, nor do I believe that every player would eventually get bored because of the feeling of repetitiveness and redundancy. I believe that there are some people on either end of the spectrum, like Zachy seems to be on one end of the spectrum where he never gets bored of it, and another guy, let's call him Bob, on the other end where he gets completely bored and never plays it again. I do believe that there is a couple areas in between. One being that people get bored every once in a while, one where people play it every so often, and one where people do get bored of it but come back to it and enjoy it for a little bit. You could sat that Saturn is somewhere in the middle. I don't really get bored of Mario Kart Wii. In the past, I had a sense of being bored and I moved on to Xbox stuff, a little before the shutdown. I was a call of duty gamer for a few years, and I eventually got bored of that. So basically, in the past, I was initially on zachys area of the spectrum, then I eventually got bored of Wii as a whole, and I kind of went through a phase of Xbox. I still play Xbox, but usually just fifa and call of duty every once in a while. I believe that the race variety argument can work for not being bored, and the repetitiveness of the concept of the game can also be a significant point to the argument towards people being bored of Mario kart wii and trying new things. I don't get bored of Mario kart Wii because of a few things. The first, nostalgia. I wanted to revisit Mario kart Wii, and got hooked ever since. The second is VR. I don't mind VR all so much, but it is something that does keep me into Mario kart Wii. I try to set a goal to get to 9000 VR, and is part of my motivation to play. 3rd, the never ending possibilities of occurrences and outcomes of a race. One race you could get hit by a million items and get an adrenaline rush, another you can enjoy a smooth sailing 1st place victory. Its all a matter of preference. Peoples opinions differ, and different people have different tolerances for these kind of things. That's how I see it.
Really good post, I enjoyed it. Yeah, your reasons of coming back certainly line up with mine. Also, you're definitely right about the different spectrums or degrees of how much people can like or dislike something. I never really thought of that. But, in no way am I trying to not acknowledge the fact that there aren't people between the two spectrums. I'm sure there are people who hate MKW, people who love MKW, and then of course people who vary in between. I'm definitely aware of that. I'm just curious (from someone who does get bored of MKW) WHY that is? Obviously a lot of people say that they get bored because of the repetitiveness. I don't understand that part I guess. How is it repetitive when every race can have a different outcome based on a variety of factors by a variety of people? I mean that in itself is exciting. I basically just want someone to explain it to me. I'm not trying to say one side is more "correct" than the other, I just want to try and understand why people get bored of the game in the first place. I think people are taking the thread title in a negative sense; as in I'm trying to say I'm right and they're wrong. But this isn't the case at all. I'm just trying to understand, but am having trouble understanding with the reasons people are providing. I just don't get how people can get bored of different outcomes. I feel like people may be more bored of the routine of things rather than the actual game itself. It's like painting a different house a different color everyday. I don't understand how people could get bored of the task itself. Something like sitting at a desk everyday typing the same thing- I could definitely see how that would get boring. But painting a different house a different color is so interesting. The house never looks the same, and obviously the color is never the same. I feel as though it's the routine of getting up at 7 AM everyday to paint the houses; that's what I feel like is getting boring to people. Maybe having to connect on Wiimmfi when they want to play is getting boring; maybe the position in which they sit in (or what they sit on) is boring. I definitely feel like that's the case, because it just makes no sense to be bored with the game itself.