• Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Plex submitted a new resource:

How to do the Toad's Factory Shroomless Shortcut - You may know how to do it with shrooms, but what about without shrooms?

Hey guys!

As requested by Rich ($$_Rich_$$), I will make a Toad's Factory Shroomless shortcut guide.

STEP 1:
Make sure that you have all of your mushrooms, just in case that you fail. The combination doesn't really matter because it is a simple shortcut and every character has enough speed. So, first things first you want to trick off of the ramp inside the factory:...
Read more about this resource...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: $$_Rich_$$

imxyz

Fake Item Box
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
Hey Plex, this is one way to do the shroomless, it seems quite hard but there's a simpler Way. The way I use!

Preferably try when you're tricking on the ramp to get a late trick, an up trick. Press/ shake your button/ when you're at the very edge of the ramp.

Secondly, hold down on your joystick until you're just then just before youre about to hit the ground hold back.

Lastly as you said Start your drift and hold left on your joystick while in air to gain the maximum airtime!

Reactions: Wolf

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Hey Plex, this is one way to do the shroomless, it seems quite hard but there's a simpler Way. The way I use!

Preferably try when you're tricking on the ramp to get a late trick, an up trick. Press/ shake your button/ when you're at the very edge of the ramp.

Secondly, hold down on your joystick until you're just then just before youre about to hit the ground hold back.

Lastly as you said Start your drift and hold left on your joystick while in air to gain the maximum airtime!
Pretty interesting, but getting a late trick would be a little slower.

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Co-Leader Blue Shell
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
Can you actually make it this way by drifting into the ramp? Don't you need to wheelie? What if there isn't enough height?? I know for sure that you cannot make this shortcut shroomless by drifting with funky without wheelieing off the ramp. I mean maybe with a baby character, but a medium or heavy? I don't think so. I think you should add that to your guide.

I don't mean to be critical, but I'd appreciate it if you would add more details to it. It looked like it didn't take you very long to make.

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Can you actually make it this way by drifting into the ramp? Don't you need to wheelie? What if there isn't enough height?? I know for sure that you cannot make this shortcut shroomless by drifting with funky without wheelieing off the ramp. I mean maybe with a baby character, but a medium or heavy? I don't think so. I think you should add that to your guide.

I don't mean to be critical, but I'd appreciate it if you would add more details to it. It looked like it didn't take you very long to make.
Wheelieing into the ramp? If you do that, you would even half of the distance, you would just be stuck behind the fence.

imxyz

Fake Item Box
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
Pretty interesting, but getting a late trick would be a little slower.
Nope it give you more air time. This is significant because when you land you further meaning your boost can be used more effectively to on the ramp. : ]

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,166
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
If someone wants to improve this guide, please feel free to give specific details on what should be changed to what and it will be changed! I'm not an expert at all at this, so my input is rather useless! :)

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Nope it give you more air time. This is significant because when you land you further meaning your boost can be used more effectively to on the ramp. : ]
It also makes it harder to control yourself.

imxyz

Fake Item Box
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
It also makes it harder to control yourself.
Trust me it doesnt if anything it increases your stability, and if you add a wheelie before the pre - 1st ramp it becomes a lot more easy (imo). :D

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Trust me it doesnt if anything it increases your stability, and if you add a wheelie before the pre - 1st ramp it becomes a lot more easy (imo). :D
I'll test it out myself and see. Thanks for the suggestion though!:)

Reactions: imxyz

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,166
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
So to be clear, what do you think should be changed here? Change what to what? o;

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
So to be clear, what do you think should be changed here? Change what to what? o;
Just a reminder: I am not going to change anything until I find that theory out to be true. I don't want to be feeding people wrong information.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,166
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Just a reminder: I am not going to change anything until I find that theory out to be true. I don't want to be feeding people wrong information.
If it is found that a majority of people go to one side, then it should and absolutely will be changed. This is a collaborative effort. No one "owns" any guide. We all work to make it the best. Obviously we can't edit each other's posts here, so that's why I'm asking that people post corrections on the actual thread itself.

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$385
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
If it is found that a majority of people go to one side, then it should and absolutely will be changed. This is a collaborative effort. No one "owns" any guide. We all work to make it the best. Obviously we can't edit each other's posts here, so that's why I'm asking that people post corrections on the actual thread itself.
I know, but Immer has been the only one who has said that.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,166
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I know, but Immer has been the only one who has said that.
There have been a couple concerns brought up so far. They are:

I don't mean to put you down or anything in any way, but I know that both Immy and Wolf have been and are bigger parts of the competitive community than you have been. So when you have people like that commenting on these guides saying there are some discrepancies, then it's certainly nothing to ignore. Guides should always be improved as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.