How to Fix Having SD Card Trouble with Custom Stuff and CTGP?

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$3,956
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
So im lost, what do I need to do to get custom characters/textures for mkwii? I heard you have ti extract files from the game disc but i dont know.
Post automatically merged:

So Do i just pit downloaded files inti the My Stuff folder?
If you want to edit textures, yes, you have to extract files from the game disc. But if you want to use texture hacks from others, download them and put them in your My Stuff folder. There are texture hacks on the forum, so you should check them out they are really cool. :p And Google can help you out as well.

zzyzxwpresley

Thundercloud
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$170
If you want to edit textures, yes, you have to extract files from the game disc. But if you want to use texture hacks from others, download them and put them in your My Stuff folder. There are texture hacks on the forum, so you should check them out they are really cool. :p And Google can help you out as well.
Is i relly that simple? Just put it on the my stuff folder on the sd?

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Staff member
4DR Co-Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,801
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • 4DR Co-Leaders
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
Is i relly that simple? Just put it on the my stuff folder on the sd?
It is really that simple.
CTGP patches these files into the game, as long as those file formats are supported, of course (for example .szs, .brstm).

zzyzxwpresley

Thundercloud
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$170
I tried that, still no good. I downloaded a custom track and custom character. I put thise files in my stuff and then a folder corresponding to the files they would replace on the game. Maybe i named them wrong? Could you explain the file order? I put it in my stuff of course, but do I put other folders in my stuff?

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Staff member
4DR Co-Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,801
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • 4DR Co-Leaders
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
I tried that, still no good. I downloaded a custom track and custom character. I put thise files in my stuff and then a folder corresponding to the files they would replace on the game. Maybe i named them wrong? Could you explain the file order? I put it in my stuff of course, but do I put other folders in my stuff?
1) Do not put any folders into MyStuff, as the patcher won't read its content. Just place each file in the folder, the patcher will do the rest of the hard work.

2) Check, if the file types are either .brsar, .szs or .brstm. Don't try to put mp3 files or anything else in the folder as the patcher won't read it anyway.

3) Check, what the files are meant for.
Which object do they replace? Are their file names correct? You can check them here: List of all MKWii file names

zzyzxwpresley

Thundercloud
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$170
Thank you! It turns out i was putting extra folders into my stuff. I took out the folders and put the downloaded files directly into my stuff. I works fine now. Thank you once aguan.

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$3,956
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
Thank you! It turns out i was putting extra folders into my stuff. I took out the folders and put the downloaded files directly into my stuff. I works fine now. Thank you once aguan.
Glad we could help! :D