Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Clan
4DR
***THIS POST IS OUTDATED! Please see this page for an updated version: How to Get Invited to Veteran Membership***

A new idea that Amaya came up with which I thought was a good idea is Veteran Clan Membership. This will just explain how you can get it. Veteran Clan Membership is just our way of thanks for staying in the clan for a long time.

First things first...

You MUST be a 4DR Member, obviously. If you're not, you automatically can't get this.

To become a Veteran Clan Member, you must possess ALL of the below qualities:
  • You must be a member of 4DR for AT LEAST 3 months. This is consecutively (i.e: if you've been in 4DR for a month before but quit or got kicked out and you rejoined and have been in for two months... doesn't count. 3 months consecutively).
  • You must know all the clan rules, policies, how the clan works, etc...
  • You must be helpful on the forum by answering questions and/or helping others with situations (mainly regarding anything related to 4DR) when need be.
  • You must be EXTREMELY active on most, if not all, of our sites (xat, forum, skype chat, discord, etc...) and active on whichever game(s) you play for 4DR (MKWii or Splatoon).
  • You can only be in 4DR and not any other clans.
***You are allowed to have Veteran Membership THREE (3) times (if you leave the clan that many times. If you leave more than that, then you will be disallowed to become a Veteran Member ever again).
- First time you apply = at least three (3) months of being a normal 4DR member.
- Second time you apply = at least six (6) months of being a normal 4DR member.
- Third time you apply = at least nine (9) months of being a normal 4DR member.

This is to prove that each time you rejoin, you show you are more dedicated than before. Exceptions may be made, but are rare. Don't ask to be an exception. You will be told if you're an exception.

As a Veteran Member, you get a few special perks, including:
  • Access to the shoutbox.
  • Veteran Membership section.
  • Dark blue name.
  • 4DR Veteran Member banner/rank image.
  • Can use "Modern" style.
  • Ability to suggest Social Members.
  • Ability to assist with trials. More specifically, you can help determine whether a trial member passes or fails.
To receive Veteran Membership, you must be invited by a leader or co-leader. Before, you were able to apply to become a Veteran Member. But we felt as though members were meeting the requirements only when they applied, and then they thought the requirements didn't apply to them anymore when they got approved. This is why it is now invite-only. Rest assured, we will be inviting people on a rolling basis and are always on the lookout for new Veteran Members. Asking us will not get you invited any sooner. In fact, it only decreases your chances of becoming one. We are truly always looking out, so please don't ask. We will not ask you as soon as you meet the requirements. So just because you've spent 3 months in the clan and meet all the requirements, it doesn't mean we are going to invite you right then and there. We might invite you in a month or two (or even later). This is again so people can't just meet the requirements when they think we're going to invite them. You never know when we'll be looking at you and wanting to invite you.

Last edited:

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
4DR :3
I am really shy to do this,even though I want to

Frost

<span class="v">Woomy...</span>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
Then just do it..?

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
Is there a week,where we are looking to make people Veteran members or just do it manually

Frost

VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
If you meet the requirements above, then make a thread in this section here

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
Well i done it,but i highly doubt a leader/Co-leader will make me one,But i think it is:thumbsdown:

Frost

VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
It depends if you meet all of the requirements or not

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
Everything is done,but just watch everyone laugh at me for applying/requesting to become a Veteran member

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
Oops,well when i am in for three months,i will open my thread back,but i will close it know

Justin

<b><font color="red">Splatoon Freak</font></b>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
Made edits. You are allowed to have Veteran Membership THREE times, but each time, you will need to have been in the clan for a longer time period.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Clan
4DR
Update: We have now added another requirement to become a Veteran Member:
  • You must only be in 4DR in terms of your clans.
This is just kind of common sense and I'm surprised it's something that we haven't added earlier on. Being in only 4DR shows your dedication to the clan, which is something that we are looking for in a Veteran Member. We also decided that a new requirement to be a co-leader was that you needed to be a Veteran Member. So when/if we ever need another co-leader, our selection will only be from Veteran Members. This makes sense when you consider the hierarchy of things. And with this new requirement, it makes it easier in the transition from Veteran Member to Co-Leader. We now don't have to worry about new co-leaders being in other clans and having to leave them, as only being in 4DR is a requirement for being a co-leader as well. With that additional requirement though, we have added an additional perk:
  • Veteran Members will be able to assist with trials. They can help decide who passes or fails their trial.
I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

As of right now, current Veteran Members do not need to meet this new requirement. It's not really fair of us to just force it onto people as of right now. However, if there are still Veteran Members in the future (a month or two most likely) who don't meet this requirement, they will be asked to leave Veteran Membership. Also, those who don't meet this new requirement will not be able to participate in the new perk, which is assisting with trials. This requirement does apply to future Veteran Members however. So if/when we're looking for Veteran Members, this is a requirement that one will need to have going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.