• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

How to get the Homebrew Launcher on 3DS without Cubic Ninja [TubeHax] (PATCHED) (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

☆VFlame

Banana
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$342
FC
1208-5922-2829
NNID
GLACYBACKUP
Another great tutorial!
Many people have been discouraged of getting Homebrew softmods on there 3DS, but many do not know about TubeHax. TubeHax works with Youtube and the latest 3DS update, (9.9.0Xxx) and only requires an SD card and the Youtube app! (Available on the eShop as of 06/09/2015 and still is)
Heres how to get it!:

****Requirements*****
-A functional Computer (Obviously)
-An SD card (Minimum 1.5GB)
-Internet Access (Again, Obviously)
-A 3DS (Latest Firmware 9.9.0Xxx)

NOTE: I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OVER ANY WARRANTY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR 3DS DUE TO MISUSE OF THE PROGRAM OR A BRICK.

Preparing your SD card

In order for homebrew to run on your system, you will need to place a few files on your SD card :

• boot.3dsx : this file should be placed at the root of your SD card. It's what ninjhax/ironhax/tubehax will run first ! Usually, this is the Homebrew Launcher.
  • 3ds/ : this folder will contain all the homebrew applications you want to install to your system. You can either place 3DSX files directly inside of that folder, or create an individual folder for each application you install.
To make things easier, heres the homebrew starter kit; you can just download it and extract it at the root of your SD card. No matter what, you should have a file named boot.3dsx placed at the root of your SD card.

1. On your 3DS, open the System Settings app, then go to Internet Settings and Connection Settings. From there, select your favorite Connection, tap the Change Settings button, and on the second page head over to the DNS section. Once there, select "No" for "Auto-obtain DNS", and under Detailed Setup, enter the following address : 107.211.140.065.
  2. Save these new settings and close the System Settings app.
  3. Open the YouTube app. It should redirect you to a firmware selection page.
  4. Under "Select your firmware version", choose your console's firmware version. Getting this right is very important ! Once you're sure you did it right, hit the Submit button. (U=United States as an example)
  5. Wait for a few seconds. If you did all the previous steps right, the exploit should run and the Homebrew Launcher should load up
GETTING STARTED

Now that you've started up the Homebrew launcher heres a few things to get started:
Custom 3DS home menus (by Rinnegatamante on the GBATemp)
CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager
3DS themes (Download themes here for free!)
3dsthemes.com
***NOTE***
PLEASE READ
Before you do this please make sure you have theme managment already setup in your 3DS when first getting it, and do NOT use any themes from the theme shop on 3DS and use Default RED theme! (You default red theme when switching Themes)
To install custom themes, made a folder in your 3DS folder called CHMM and place all zip contents there, then create a folder called themes in the root of your SD card
The themes folder is where you will out your custom downloaded themes from 3DSThemes.com.
Make a folder for your theme in the Themes folder of your SD card. Name it whatever you want, then extract the Zip contents from your downloaded theme into the folder you just created for your themes, (Make sure its not in a Sub Folder) And boot up CHMM,
From there you can see your folders name, press a and install, Then press start to return to the Homebrew launcer, then press start again to exit Homebrew and,
Your 3DS now looks alot more better with your new theme
To conclude this tutorial, there are alot more apps that I dont know how to use ATM, so maybe you can explore the homebrew and have fun! Thank you for reading!

Very nice and detailed tutorial! Thanks and great job! :)

What a good walkthrough guide! Its excellent but sadly I will NOT be installing homebrew on 3ds especially as Nintendo is so uptight about stuff on those consoles

Does this still work? I got up to the point you start up the youtube app but it isn't redirecting me to the firmware selection.

Does this still work? I got up to the point you start up the youtube app but it isn't redirecting me to the firmware selection.
I would think no, but it shouldn't stop anyone from trying. It likely has been patched since this was posted though.

Back