• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

[OUTDATED]How to get the Wiimmfi Server (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachy

Sylveon is the best.
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$47,837
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
N/A
Wiimmfi is the new replacement for those who want to play their favorite Wii games online, even after the Nintendo WFC shutdown on May 20th, 2014. Wiimmfi is completely legal for those who were wondering or care. There are various other servers that offer a similar service to Wiimmfi, but Wiimmfi is the one that 98% of people use, support, and recommend. Some other servers allow hacking, whereas Wiimmfi doesn't allow hacking. If you see someone hacking on Wiimmfi, it's best to take a picture or record a video (if you can), and report them and their name to the 4DR hacker list. All hackers get banned by Wiimm and his team at some point. Note that without video proof, no action will be able to be taken. You can get Wiimmfi in 3 ways:
  • Using a Homebrew app (for disc users).
  • Extracting an ISO and patching it to use Wiimmfi.
  • Using CTGP.
DISCLAIMER: This whole tutorial assumes that you already have the Homebrew channel. This worked for all of us and gave us no problems. If any of this damages or gives you any type of problems, you are more than welcome to ask for help, but we will not be responsible for any damage. You are going forward knowing all of this, and that it will most likely void your warranty. Please also note that we (the 4DR forum, its members) take no credit for the making of the online servers or CTGP. We only made the tutorial. Online services are provided by Wiimm and Leseratte. CTGP is provided by MrBean35000VR and Chadderz. ALSO, since people will ask, we have put ratings on each method regarding their difficulty. However, there's definitely going to be some person who says "hard? Are you kidding me?" or "easy!??! That was SOOO hard!". Please note that we base this scale off of: opinions, how detailed the tutorial is (we tried to make it as detailed as we could), what you need/how much you need, and what you do/the time it takes.

For those who want to use CTGP (easy)::
1.) Get CTGP using this tutorial: How to install CTGP-R v1.03 [OUTDATED]
2.) Once you have CTGP successfully, you are automatically patched to use the Wiimmfi servers.

For those who want to use their MKW disc and use a Homebrew app (medium)::
Here's what you'll need before getting started:
  • A SD or SDHC card with at LEAST 1 GB. If you plan on using this SD card for more or other purposes, then obviously go for a bigger SD card. If you're only using it for this purpose though, 1 GB will be just fine.
  • The Homebrew CHANNEL (you don't need the homebrew browser for this tutorial). Make sure to get the right version for your Wii so you don't have any problems. You can tell what your Wii version is by looking here:
  • A working Wii.
  • An actual MKW disc.

1.) If you don't have any apps for your Homebrew channel, then you will need to create a folder on the root of your SD card called apps If you do have apps on your Homebrew channel, you already have this folder, and should skip to step 2.
2.) Download some type of extracting tool: Winrar, 7 Zip, etc... Make sure to get it for the correct operating system/computer (windows 32 bit, windows 64 bit, mac, etc...)
3.) Download the following (I uploaded it myself, and I don't have any kind of virus, so nor should you):http://www.mediafire.com/?9h5td4uud92m7xv
4.) When you open up the download, you should see a folder inside wiimmfi.zip: wiimmfi And inside the wiimmfi folder, you should see two things: bslug and wiimmfipatcher. Put the bslug folder on the root of your SD card (in no folders; directly on the SD card itself). Put the wiimmfipatcher folder in the new apps folder you created (or the apps folder you made before if you already have homebrew apps).
5.) Eject your SD card and place it into your Wii.
6.) Go to the Homebrew channel.
7.) You will see a new app called the Wiimmfi patcher (or something similar). Load that app. The app will do all the work for you and patch you to use Wiimmfi. From there, you can play MKW. You may need to start over your license and such if you didn't put your FCs into the Wiimmfi service when that was up a week or so before the WFC shutdown. It's a bummer if you have to do so, but at least you can play MKW. To play MKW, each time you will need to go to the homebrew channel and load that app up to play. You can't use your regular disc. Every time you must load that app to patch to Wiimmfi.

If you have any questions or troubles, refer to the youTube video below. If that doesn't help, please feel free to leave a comment asking for help, and we will do our best to help you.

For those who want to use an ISO (hardest; not complete yet)::
Here's what you'll need before getting started:
  • A SD or SDHC card with at LEAST 1 GB. If you plan on using this SD card for more or other purposes, then obviously go for a bigger SD card. If you're only using it for this purpose though, 1 GB will be just fine.
  • The Homebrew CHANNEL (you don't need the homebrew browser for this tutorial). Make sure to get the right version for your Wii so you don't have any problems. You can tell what your Wii version is by looking here:.
  • An actual MKW disc.
  • A 4 GB USB. It needs to be AT LEAST 4 GB, although you can opt for more if you so desire.

IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU HAVE THE IOS NEEDED INSTALLED AND ANY OTHER REQUIRED THINGS TO CONTINUE WITH THIS (when loading Configurable USB Loader, it will tell you what IOS you need).

I'm personally not sure what IOS you need to install (quite positive it's 236), nor do I have any links as to how you can install them. If you leave a comment saying what ISO you need, we will definitely be able to help you out with some links, not to mention we can make this tutorial better. This tutorial assumes that you have everything set and ready to go, you just need to extract your ISO and patch it.

1.) If you don't have any apps for your Homebrew channel, then you will need to create a folder on the root of your SD card called apps If you do have apps on your Homebrew channel, you already have this folder, and should skip to step 2.
2.) Download some type of extracting tool: Winrar, 7 Zip, etc... Make sure to get it for the correct operating system/computer (windows 32 bit, windows 64 bit, mac, etc...)
3.) Download Configurable USB Loader. There are other loaders, and others may say X is better than Configurable USB loader (or Cfg for short), but it honestly doesn't matter all that much. Here is a link to download Configurable USB Loader (which I uploaded myself): Configurable USB Loader
4.) Once you download Configurable USB Loader, you should see this: Configurable USB Loader.zip Inside that, there should be another folder called Configurable USB Loader. And inside that folder, you should see two things: usb-loader and USBLoader. Put usb-loader on the ROOT of your SD card. Put USBLoader in your newly created (or not newly created if you already have homebrew apps) apps folder on your SD card.
5.) Put your USB into your Wii. Remember to stick it

For YouTube Video by MrBean35000VR (Click spoiler]

***Description***
You can play your online Wii games after WFC shutdown using Wiimmfi, a custom server, as demonstrated by the methods shown in this video
smile.png

The links shown in this video are:

For real discs (using Homebrew Channel):
http://chadsoft.co.uk/downloads/auto...patcher0.3.zip

For ISO users and game mods (not CTGP):
Wii-Homebrew.com Forum...

For CTGP users:
Just update.

Video on installing a Homebrew Channel:
Coming soon... I figured it was more important to get this out first.

So, the time is upon us! It is time to leave our beloved Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and play games on a new service. Fortunately, we can still play the Wii games, if you know what to do, as we have a custom server waiting for us called Wiimmfi!

Wiimmfi is made by Wiimm and Leseratte, with the help of countless others. It is a replacement server for Nintendo WFC that offers vastly the same functionality as the original service, give or take a few extra fluffy features.

This video covers all the details of how you can connect to this new server and continue playing your Wii games online. Supported games include Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pro Evolution Soccer series, Animal Crossing, and many more. A list of supported games and the online status can be found at: Wiimmfi Main Page

Keep an eye on that page, as more games might appear on it as well than what there is there now.

Watch the video carefully, as it's full of good information about several things, including error codes you might get during connection. Comments about Error Codes 23911 and 60000 in particular will be ignored :p

I hope this video helps you out, and I look forward to seeing you all on Wiimmfi!

Last edited by forum staff:
Adding Riivolution tutorial:

things you need
-sd card
-homebrew channel
-riivolution
-legit Mario Kart Wii disc

Download the pack here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8781418/Wiimmfi.rar
if the above link doesn't work here's the mirror (this link is more universal since everyone can open ZIP files)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29qAN_9gBO8V2xWcTY5RjBnRUk/view?usp=sharing

You should see something like this when you extract the files
http://prntscr.com/63nldk

Pick your region by going into the folder
http://prntscr.com/63nm3g
http://prntscr.com/63nm9j

After you finished preparing your SD card put it into your Wii and start Riivolution up. From here set the Wiimmfi server to "Enabled" and load the game. If you black screen, disable anything that is conflicting with this pack.

THIS IS 200% SAFE TO USE ON WIIMMFI. There are absolutely NO MAC changers in this pack. Trust me, I've checked and I too am using this except theres a bit more to my version but it is safe to use anyway.

Adding Riivolution tutorial:

things you need
-sd card
-homebrew channel
-riivolution
-legit Mario Kart Wii disc

Download the pack here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8781418/Wiimmfi.rar
if the above link doesn't work here's the mirror (this link is more universal since everyone can open ZIP files)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29qAN_9gBO8V2xWcTY5RjBnRUk/view?usp=sharing

You should see something like this when you extract the files
http://prntscr.com/63nldk

Pick your region by going into the folder
http://prntscr.com/63nm3g
http://prntscr.com/63nm9j

After you finished preparing your SD card put it into your Wii and start Riivolution up. From here set the Wiimmfi server to "Enabled" and load the game. If you black screen, disable anything that is conflicting with this pack.

THIS IS 200% SAFE TO USE ON WIIMMFI. There are absolutely NO MAC changers in this pack. Trust me, I've checked and I too am using this except theres a bit more to my version but it is safe to use anyway.

Actually I do use that like 87% of the time I use Wiimmfi so I'm proof that it's safe :p

So are my friends :p they too use this after Wiimm reset the bans back in July-ish. I use a more advanced version of the pack (the only thing thats more advanced is the CTGP speedometer) I was considering re-releasing this version of the pack (too much work though) since its safe to use too plus it adds CTGP's anti-cheat system so noobs can't break it. Sadly NTSCK was never supported for CTGP so I can only support NTSCU, PAL and NTSCJ (experimental not sure if it works on that region)

Will this doing anything if i do it on mac?

I'm not sure if it's works on mac. Maybe @Zachy know about it because I don't have mac.

Will this doing anything if i do it on mac?
For future reference, a Mac doesn't really effect what you do. Most things you can do on other computers, you can do on a Mac (with a few exceptions). But yes, this will work regardless of what computer you're on as it's just basically downloading things to your computer and then putting everything on your SD card or USB as necessary.

2 years later... Guess what? There's a new method to get Wiimmfi server! Here's a video by Bean:

This only works on old Wii, btw.

Great method! You don't even need Homebrew for this, only the internet browser channel! :D

Great method! You don't even need Homebrew for this, only the internet browser channel! :D
That's mean more people can finally play MKW online when they can't get Wiimmfi without HBC, SD card, USB, etc until now. :D

Last edited:
That's mean more people can finally play MKW online when they can't get Wiimmfi without HBC, SD card, USB, etc until now. :D
I'm going to get it for my cousins now that I don't need to steal their MAC address lol.:joy:
But anyway, thanks!

Even though i'm quite late on this, the new tutorial should be put out here. I'm currently waiting for activation to end in a couple of days so i can put instructions here on the easiest way to get wiimmfi:

This only works on Wii, not Wii U
You will need the internet channel, download it from the Wii shop if necessary; it doesn't cost anything.
Have an internet connection set up
Make sure your wii is in 60hz, you can set it up in the settings.

1. Go to the internet channel
2. Go to direct links, type this: chadsoft.co.uk/wiimmfi
3. It will take you to a black site, read the part about warranty.
4. When you're all happy, go to "add favourties" and add a new favourite on the same tab
5. Exit the Internet channel, then re load it again
6. Open up the favourite tab
7. If everything runs smoothly, it will patch your game disc and automatically load your game (for example Mkwii in this case)
8. Open up the wfc connection, if the error code is "238xx" then you've successfuly got wiimmfi, now wait for activation to start.

Back