• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

How to Install the Mii Installer (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,374
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Setting up the homebrew browser for the first time can be annoying and take quite a while (I've done it multiple times), and downloading the mii installer from wiibrew is kind of annoying and confusing in my opinion, so I thought I'd make a tutorial on how to do so here. I made it really easy (hopefully). If anyone wants to take screenshots and add them, please do (I can't take screenshots if the thing I want to take a screenshot of isn't in my browser).

Note: You must have the homebrew CHANNEL before continuing.

Step 1: On the root of your SD card, create a folder called apps.

Step 2: Download “mii-installer.zip”, which is attached to this post. You must have an account here on the forum in order to download attachments.

Step 3: Put the mii-installer folder in the apps folder you just created.

Step 4: Remove the SD card from your computer, insert your SD card into your wii, and load up the homebrew channel. You're done! You should see this (ignore all the other apps):

miii.png

Hope this helped and let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• mii-installer.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 97
 Last edited:
So would you just use it the same way u use mii search?
Yes, as it's the same exact program, just on a different website. :p

If you have the homebrew browser installed, you can also find the Mii installer there.

WELL THATS NOT POSSIBLE ANYMORE SINCE THE HOMEBREW BROWSER HAS BEEN DOWN FOR THE PAST 10 DAYS

Exactly, just download and extract, instead of searching on something else; it's been provided for you.

You should include the fantastic video you made @Azula :)
They're not really the same thing. O: My video was on how to make a hacked mii, whereas this tutorial is just on how to get the mii installer itself. :p

OK, so I did everything in this article and made my mii and the extension was ".mae", and i tried installing... Didn't work. I went back to the computer and renamed it ".mii", tried again... nothing. I am back on the computer and renamed it with no extension, tried... NOTHING. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! I've looked up countless videos but nothing seems to work! :( it would be helpful if anyone knew what to do. What my SD card looks like: Capturqe.JPG Captqure.JPG Capturqe.JPG Captqure.JPG Caqpture.JPG

OK, so I did everything in this article and made my mii and the extension was ".mae", and i tried installing... Didn't work. I went back to the computer and renamed it ".mii", tried again... nothing. I am back on the computer and renamed it with no extension, tried... NOTHING. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! I've looked up countless videos but nothing seems to work! :( it would be helpful if anyone knew what to do. What my SD card looks like:View attachment 2541 View attachment 2542 View attachment 2541 View attachment 2542 View attachment 2543
Do you use SD or SDHC card? If it's SDHC, then it is probably reason why SDHC doesn't work on mii installer or something on Homebrew Channel.

OK, so I did everything in this article and made my mii and the extension was ".mae", and i tried installing... Didn't work. I went back to the computer and renamed it ".mii", tried again... nothing. I am back on the computer and renamed it with no extension, tried... NOTHING. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! I've looked up countless videos but nothing seems to work! :( it would be helpful if anyone knew what to do. What my SD card looks like:View attachment 2541 View attachment 2542 View attachment 2541 View attachment 2542 View attachment 2543
You have homebrew right?

Like others have mentioned, you most likely have an SDHC card (look on your SD card and see if it says "SDHC" anywhere). It's pretty rare to find a regular SD card these days. If that's the case, let us know and we can give you a method that will work with SDHC. :)

Mine isn't SDHC but it will not download. I got one mii, that it. looks the same as the other guys. Got homebrew and the installer to boot up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 4.14.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 4.14.22 PM.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
Setting up the homebrew browser for the first time can be annoying and take quite a while (I've done it multiple times), and downloading the mii installer from wiibrew is kind of annoying and confusing in my opinion, so I thought I'd make a tutorial on how to do so here. I made it really easy (hopefully). If anyone wants to take screenshots and add them, please do (I can't take screenshots if the thing I want to take a screenshot of isn't in my browser).

Note: You must have the homebrew CHANNEL before continuing.

Step 1: On the root of your SD card, create a folder called apps.

Step 2: Download “mii-installer.zip”, which is attached to this post. You must have an account here on the forum in order to download attachments.

Step 3: Put the mii-installer folder in the apps folder you just created.

Step 4: Remove the SD card from your computer, insert your SD card into your wii, and load up the homebrew channel. You're done! You should see this (ignore all the other apps):

View attachment 7812

Hope this helped and let me know if you have any questions!
Thank god for the attachment, I couldnt find a download anywhere online that worked.

Back