• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Resource icon

How to make BRSTMs (Part 3: "revo_kart.brsar") (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$21,203
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
@Doki I can see you put a lot of time into this! I have to ask though: is some of the text supposed to be white? I can only see a majority of the text when I highlight it. Maybe you are on a dark theme and used white text forgetting about the lighter themes? No big deal but I just wanted to let you know! :p

hoR1pyk.png

@Doki I can see you put a lot of time into this! I have to ask though: is some of the text supposed to be white? I can only see a majority of the text when I highlight it. Maybe you are on a dark theme and used white text forgetting about the lighter themes? No big deal but I just wanted to let you know! :p

hoR1pyk.png

Oh Hi Zach!
I am using the Metro Dark style, and for me I can see with white better.
But most of the guests use the normal white version, so I guess, I'll change that to black or to a profitable color for everyone.
Have a nice day!

This is very helpful, thanks for the guide! :D

Nice guide Dokan!
But I have still a question. In the settings of CTGP is the option "Automatic BRSAR Patching"
Do I have to do that process too with this option on?

Nice guide Dokan!
But I have still a question. In the settings of CTGP is the option "Automatic BRSAR Patching"
Do I have to do that process too with this option on?
This is a tutorial on how you modify a revo_kart file.
If "Automatic BRSAR Patching" is enabled it adds your custom sound data of the revo_kart into the game.
It must be enabled, if you have a revo_kart into the MyStuff folder.

How long do the songs have to be for The Starman, Mega Mushroom and Final Lap Theme.

I have the 3 different themes from 3 separate music packs, A Revo_kart default music pack, an AlphaXenio music pack, and a Miku Music pack. I downloaded these packs to use them as a guide and something to compare with my own music pack. And plus, there are tons out there, I just chose these three because they were quick and easy to download.

This text document shows basically what I am comparing to. The AlphaXenio pack is just the default Mario Kart Wii sounds that normally play, while the Miku and the default Revo_kart pack has it's own unique songs. Since I did follow in the directions for the sizes of the music wav files, I find it weird that is isn't working.
For the Mega Mushroom theme, I can understand why that would fail as it is way too big, but as for the Star Theme, the length is lower than the highest theme, which is the Revo_kart one. The Final Lap Theme, is only larger than .07 secs, which shouldn't really be much. I've followed the directions to the how to make BRSTM files, and I got my Title Theme and Menu Themes to work. (options theme still seems to be failing me, and I've copied the exact file name, but that's honestly unimportant. Who even listens to the options theme anyway.) Do you know why my themes are not working while I am using the exact file sizes and lengths that (Filesystem/sound/revo_kart.brsar - Custom Mario Kart) this link shows, and why is it that the other themes actually work?

Attachments

• Revo_kart Music Packs.txt
    722 bytes · Views: 2

Back