• Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Plex submitted a new resource:

How to Spindrift in MKWii - Make your drift more fancy!

Hey guys!

So, I as said in my previous guide, I will show you guys how to spindrift in Mario Kart Wii. It allows you to take tighter lines & can increase the likelihood of making shortcuts such as the Mushroom gorge gap jump. ~

STEP 1:

First, of all, the combination does not matter. You can do this with absolutely any character or BIKE. Yes, you can not do this with a kart, or at least it is really hard. If I find a way,...
Read more about this resource...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Co-Leader Blue Shell
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
Plex this is good, but could you add a little bit more pictures? If someone who didn't even know how to spindrift viewed this thread, I don't think they would understand. Obviously they would after watching the video, but I want this guide to be perfect enough that the video is just there as an extra. I would add pictures that are consistent rather than having different characters on different courses. I think that it would also help a ton if there were pictures of hand movements on the controllers.

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$541
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Plex this is good, but could you add a little bit more pictures? If someone who didn't even know how to spindrift viewed this thread, I don't think they would understand. Obviously they would after watching the video, but I want this guide to be perfect enough that the video is just there as an extra. I would add pictures that are consistent rather than having different characters on different courses. I think that it would also help a ton if there were pictures of hand movements on the controllers.
I will tomorrow.:)

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$541
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Also, just so you know, the reason I post multiple pictures of multiple different characters on multiple different courses is because I want to show people that it could be done with any character on any course.

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$541
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
  • Deleted by Plex
  • Reason: No response.

This is Val

Overdose.
Premium Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,337
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
Now you're doing better! :p By that I mean not doing guides of something really easy and basic. Well done, continue like that! :)

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,453
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
Wait so when I drift, my bike jumps to the air, and while my bike is in the air, I move my joystick to right-left-right or left-right-left?

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$541
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Wait so when I drift, my bike jumps to the air, and while my bike is in the air, I move my joystick to right-left-right or left-right-left?
Yes, that's right. You move it depending on where you want to drift. The last direction is the direction you will drift in.

Reactions: $$_Rich_$$

Plex

Red Shell
VIP Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$541
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • 3 Year Membership
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • DLC Collectors
Thanks.

How about soft-drifting?
Soft-drifting is widely used in Mario Kart 8. What you have to do to achieve it is turn your stick (or D-Pad) up-right or up-left, depending on where you want to drift. I will most likely make a guide on it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow as well.

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,453
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
Soft-drifting is widely used in Mario Kart 8. What you have to do to achieve it is turn your stick (or D-Pad) up-right or up-left, depending on where you want to drift. I will most likely make a guide on it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow as well.
Isn't in done also in MKW?