• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Item Probability at MKWii (1 viewer)

Are you lucky? :3

• Always on my side! ^-^

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It comes and goes again. :/

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Do. Not. Ask. Again. ;-;

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$21,203
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
Good evening, folks.
It's over 9 years ago and yet, we still wonder, rant, rejoice or even cry about our item luck.
Sometimes you pull off a great combo which can help dodging and preventing hits from 'evil' players with 'mean' items and also guarantee the first place easily.
Most of the time you'll get rekt of cause of lack or loss of good items and unexpected hits.
Thus, you lose lotsa VR (who cares?) and you'll get easily furious (oh yea ._.).
For this reason, I have started to calculate the probability of every item.

Here it is:

Item Luck-2.jpg

The tests were carried out on different fully occupied GPs with permanent position changes, items were counted after every race and later converted to "per cent", after completion of the tests in an Excel table.

Note: All statements without guarantee. Deviations of up to 5% may occur. The probability values only apply in full rooms, values will change obviously in smaller rooms. If you notice some mistakes, feel free to tell me.

Anyway, stay lucky and have fun!

Last edited:
But for some reason I sometimes get mushrooms in 1st place in 1v1s matches :s

@Skip That's a nice table you made there :D even though I have some things to add to that :)

A mushroom can you actually get in any position. If all the stars and bills and shocks and goldens are in play you can get a single shroom in last place unfortunetly :/ its still a probabilty!

second about TC's (yeah I specific that item because I get it WAY to much) you can also get a thundercloud (what you reffered as the lightning cloud) in 10th Place for sure. I speak about experience because it happend to me way to much :/

Ps a little not make from one "lightning cloud" the thunder cloud and make from the second "lichtning cloud the shock I think that's easier to read imo :)

Just like I said, this table only is suitable for full rooms.
In 1vs1, the 1st gets also probabilities from 2nd-4th, chance for shroom increases.

@otto there is a possibilty that you can get shrooms in first of course :p there is even a glitch if you use 15 item boxes in first place you will get the so called shroom glitch and you will keep getting shrooms and no other item :p

@SkipPs a little not make from one "lightning cloud" the thunder cloud and make from the second "lichtning cloud the shock I think that's easier to read imo :)
You can't get hurt by sound (thunder), you'll get shrinked by a lightning. Dunno, why it has two names. °~°
Will be edited, if I get a load of corrections.;-)

You can't get hurt by sound (thunder), you'll get shrinked by a lightning. Dunno, why it has two names. °~°
Will be edited, if I get a load of corrections.;-)

I know that's the case but nintendo officaly called this the "thundercloud" :p if you look in the book that game with MKW there they call it the thundercloud idk why but nintendo logic is what i call it xD

Shit, I haven't recognized that there are two items called 'Lightning cloud'.
Pls kill meh _._

OK, the chart has been updated.

@otto there is a possibilty that you can get shrooms in first of course :p there is even a glitch if you use 15 item boxes in first place you will get the so called shroom glitch and you will keep getting shrooms and no other item :p

Is this glitch legit? I have gotten shrooms in first, but does this glitch always happen?

Is this glitch legit? I have gotten shrooms in first, but does this glitch always happen?
If you are in first and you don't drop any position and you are using 15 item boxes you'll always get the shroom glitch :3 Its just a glitcxh of the game :/

If you are in first and you don't drop any position and you are using 15 item boxes you'll always get the shroom glitch :3 Its just a glitcxh of the game :/

Nice! That's good to know. :)

Definitely an interesting and very helpful thread here! For me, my item luck comes and goes which is why I can sometimes be so inconsistent! Sometimes I'll get unbelievably lucky or I'll get complete crap. For me personally, there's really no in-between!

I wanna try that now does it work in any size room and awesome chart btw.

I wanna try that now does it work in any size room and awesome chart btw.

Yes it works in every room with any people. Just stay in first (let no one passes you need to be in first the whole time) use 15 item boxes and you will get only shrooms. Of course its pretty hard to pull that of in normal ww's byt the glitch is present. It even works offline but it only works if in rules your items stand on balanced

OP
OP
Dokan

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards