• 4 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
Hey all,

This is certainly not the first time I've made a thread of this caliber, but it will likely be my last time I make this sort of thread. I've spent probably close to 2 weeks thinking of what to say, and the rest of that time actually typing and revising this post. So to cut to the chase, April 14th, 2019 marks the final day that I will be in 4DR, as I am retiring from Mario Kart. This also means I will be stepping down as a Leader of 4DR. This does not mean, however, that I will be gone from the staff team yet, as I will still be financially responsible for the website and still assist the site as the new role of "Financial Admin" for the time being. This will last until further notice.

With that out of the way, I'd like to say a few words to recap on my experience with 4DR and on the staff team as a whole. I've been in 4DR's scene ever since it began in 2012 (and even before it was even 4DR, heck, I've been around in the EHL days if anyone remembers that. Over those years, I've certainly evolved into the person I am today through this game and 4DR. I started out as a weak, immature, stupid little teenager who barely had any friends and had very low self-esteem, and through 4DR, I became far more confident in myself, and had more fun than I ever had in my entire life being with you guys. I will say not everything was peachy, and there were plenty of thorns in the garden of roses, but going through them made me a better person overall, and after everything that I have experienced in this clan, I can say with 100% certainty that I am proud of who I have become. I've become much more compassionate, and a lot friendlier than what I used to be, and I wouldn't trade a single moment for anything in the world.

I do also want to shout out several people that have made my experience in the community extra special to me.

NMeade: You were one of my main inspirations to get into the community in the first place, and it's always a blast to be able to interact with you during the times I can make your streams. I doubt you will be able to see this, but without you, I wouldn't have been able to have these experiences that I did, and I am eternally grateful.

Evilhax845/@Intrepid: You introduced me to 4DR, so you were another stepping stone into me becoming who I am today. I know we barely talk nowadays, but I can't thank you enough for bringing me here all those years ago.

Zach/@Azula: You were like a brother I never had, and you mentored me into becoming the great leader I am now, and I was truly honored to receive the keys to the forum once you stepped down. All of the memories we made together will be treasured in my heart forever.

Val/@This is Val : It's been quite some time since we talked, but you were extra special to me a couple years ago, and, even though I don't like to admit it sometimes, I still hold some of those feelings today. You are an incredible friend and the time we spent together really was the highlight of my 2017. Mesmo se estivermos separados, há um pedaço de mim que ainda te ama ♥

Leon/@Leon: When I first met you, I originally memed you a little bit ("YOU AKER!!!)", but you really have improved quite a bit over the past year, and it's cool to see someone who originally sucked complete ass become a fairly skilled player. I was the same way in my time in the community, so you were someone I could relate to.

Veaz/@Alexander: You were one of the first people to welcome me to 4DR way back in 2012 (if my terrible memory serves me right), and I looked up to you quite a lot, especially in the early days. I thought to myself as little 14 year old me: "I want to be a leader just like him one day", and I went on to do just that. Thank you for your service in the clan, and it's been a pleasure working alongside you.

Rachy/@Rachy: It's beyond incredible to have one of the founding leaders still stick around in 4DR after all of these years (nearly 7 now!), and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for 4DR. You've alongside these others made me who I am today, and I hope to see good things from you.

BlazerZ/@BlazerZ: You were the one person that taught me that anyone, no matter where they came from, could become a staff member, and was extremely impressed with your dedication despite the seemingly countless waves of denial and rejection from me. Your work ethic is second to none, and I can only see good things for you in the future.

There's probably countless people I have missed and if you didn't make this list, don't feel bad, because every single person I have met, past and present, in this community has made the experience worth it in some way.

I was going to type a much longer post than this, but I think this should suffice for now as pretty much everything that really needed to be said, was said. I'm normally not a man of many words, so I think it's more fitting that this be on the shorter side of things. When that day comes when I end up leaving my throne, I will leave behind a title that had meant so much to me, as a Leader of 4DR, but I will gain a title I can be just as, if not more proud of, as the former owner of the greatest Mario Kart clan of all time.

Thank you everyone for everything, and it's been an honor to be a Leader of this incredible clan. :heart:

-Amaya / Tom

Leon

Snow is a myth here
VIP Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$7,833
FC
3098-3797-4449
NNID
ahamaymaurice
Switch FC
1465-6303-3136
Clan
4DR
  • VIP Members
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Bronze Members
I honestly dont know where to start, i remember those days when i you called me out as a aker, but those times have passed. After countless of good memories, this is the end.(sort of). You're a amazing friend, and it will be weird to not have you in call being salty and yelling into the mic ;)

and yeah, Thanks for the memories,
- Leon

Reactions: Jack Atlas

Alex

15/04/2017-27/08/2018
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,998
FC
4043-2716-9973
Switch FC
SW-1962-1671-2223
Clan
4DR <3
  • 2 Year Membership
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • Contest Winners
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
This was a really sad thread to read omg :-( Obviously it’s understandable that everyone will move on at some point, but it’s still really saddening to see you go! You’ve been a vital part of this clan ever since I joined (and of course before!) and you are a huge part of why the clan is as amazing as it is today. It wouldn’t be the same without you, so thank you for all the hard work you’ve put it over the past years! On a more personal note, I want to thank you for making my own experience in this clan so memorable! Thank you for making me feel so welcomed from the very start of my trial, and thank you for giving me the chance to be a staff member and to work along side you and the other staff at the time. I can honestly say that those were some of the best memories I have, and I wanted to thank you for that opportunity!

Overall, I’m glad you’ll still be (somewhat) with us in this new role and I wish you the best of luck for the future, and I hope it brings you everything you want and more! I hope we’ll still manage to keep in touch, and let me know if you ever decide to get on again so I can join you (or just get Animal Crossing Switch and we can play on that :eyes:)!

Thank you once again Amaya, we all love you! :hug::heart:

Loyd

Triple Bananas
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$280
FC
1935-9707-1074
Clan
4DR
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
Hey,

Definitely feels like a death in our community. I know I have been in and out of this community but I remember you and will remember you as a great role model and leader for everyone. I really enjoy having your company and it will definitely feel weird without you. Anyways, I hope you peruse and enjoy every single good moment in your future and end up where you want to be.

Best wishes, Loyd.

Josue

Triple Green Shells
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$19,805
FC
4859-3160-8009
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Ultimate Staff Conquerors
  • Staff Conquerors
Just gonna say I wasn't expecting this at all. What a great journey you had here. Starting out as a member and making your way up the ranks to become one of the most respected people this clan has ever seen is truly an amazing feat. When I first joined I strived to imitate your steps and eventually become a staff member myself. Unfortunately my own circumstances prevented me from doing so. But I've always lookedup to you as both a player and a person (you were the reason I found out about this clan back in 2018, and the reason I wanted to tt TF LOOOL). As a person, you were pretty well mannered, treated situations properly, and always did your best to keep the clan in check, even when certain members went for a bit of a rant.
The times we had racing each other were certainly one of my favorites as a part of the clan, and I worked my butt off trying to be as skilled as you, which I don't think I ever did loool, though I think I got close :p
You'll definitely be missed, and I doubt anyone will be able to fill your shoes as a leader. Your manners, skills, and comedy all made you such a fun person to be around, and that's something I'll always appreciate of you.
Hope whatever you choose to do in life goes well for you, as you have a lot of potential being the hard worker you are. Once again, thankyou so much for your time here, you're appreciated by everyone here, you helped 4DR become what it is today, and the legacy you're leaving g definitely won't be forgotten.
:heart:

And if you ever decide to go on survivor, I'll DEFINITELY watch that whole season

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,603
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Wow I don’t know what to say about this one... I’ll start off by saying that this makes me very much bittersweet. I am sad that you are leaving your role, but at the same time, I know that you are still going to be around and that you are pursuing other interests that will allow you to advance in life. Like in any relationship, we have definitely had our ups and downs and if I remember correctly, we weren’t too fond of each other at the very beginning, but I am glad that we have the relationship that we do now. Our relationship was so strong that you were ultimately the only person I could consider passing the forum down to when I wasn’t able to fulfill my obligation to do so anymore, and the fact that you are still willing to help out with that despite stepping down is commendable to say the least. 4DR will definitely take a hit when you step down and will definitely not be the same, but like always, we are a very strong group and will rebound. I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors and I can’t thank you enough for everything and the kind words you said about me! :D :heart:

MrBurn

Banana
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$214
FC
4172-1193-1295
NNID
CanDYoshi
Clan
4DR
Thank you for being leader, you've been good to everyone here, there wasn't any abuse of power or anyone feeling uneasy when you were leader. You did your job, thank you for sticking around with us. Enjoy the rest of your time. :)

Jack Atlas

The Master of Faster
Staff Member
Head Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,165
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Addicted to Racing
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
Words cannot describe how grateful I am to have been able to meet such amazing people like you guys; I definitely shed a tear or two reading through all of your comments. It was like the past 8 years of my life flashed back before my eyes... :')

LiamMKW

Green Shell
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$4,577
FC
0220-7517-3876
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW- Nothing.
Clan
None.
We Want You To Be Happy!
Some Of Us, Won’t Like This... But, It’s Your Decision
It’s Always Sad, When Someone Leaves When They’ve Been Here For A Long Time...
We Have To Accept This... If We Like Or Not.
We Hope You Do Great... (Heh... Makes Me Cry..)

-Liam.

MrBurn

Banana
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$214
FC
4172-1193-1295
NNID
CanDYoshi
Clan
4DR
Words cannot describe how grateful I am to have been able to meet such amazing people like you guys; I definitely shed a tear or two reading through all of your comments. It was like the past 8 years of my life flashed back before my eyes... :')
:3

Fergus

2023 I'll make my story.
4DR Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$21,688
FC
0693-1977-6539
NNID
No
Switch FC
:(
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
Loss of words right now. I won't loose the memories I've had in the clan with you. GGs Amaya, best of luck in the future.

This is Val

Overdose.
Premium Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,337
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
@amaya Holy, that was so sad to read but also so sweet. Sadly it arrived the time to move on and this all brings nostalgia feels, damn. Also, I agree with what you said, we've known most of these people for a couple of years already, it's unbelievable how the time flies so fast without we realizing, and despite this being a gaming community, it surely helped us a lot to become more mature and even change us for the better and improve, there's so many amazing moments that we won't forget. This definitely has been so much fun and made all these years worth it! It feels weird to think how it'd be if we never came to this community! Feels like it was destined. Anyways, it's really sad to see you go but at least you'll still be with us somehow which I'm glad! Thank you for everything, you were an amazing leader and boyfriend too, you've helped a bunch, made a lot of effort for this clan and you made an awesome job! I couldn't be more proud of you, not only for the dedication you put for this clan but also for the sweet, great and impressive person you've become (I mean you always were for me, but I said this because you mentioned you've grown up and turn into a better person with all the experiences you had, etc). Thank you for your adorable shout out, I randomly logged in and saw this, it warmed my heart and made my day! I appreciate all the moments we've had and thank you for those! :heart:
I wish you the best of luck for your future filled with good and happy moments, I hope everything goes well, you deserve the best! If you ever need me or someone to talk, I'll always be here to help you out! Love you ♡ ~
Post automatically merged:

And wow! You'll leave right in the day of my birthday :eek:

Alicu

Lir ♡
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$8,266
FC
0650-2467-9888
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 3 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • VIP Members
Aw it's really sad to see you step down as a leader :/ but at the same time I'm happy that you'll still be around as a financial admin. Thank you for continuing to help us! Damn, it's been a long journey for you but unfortunately it's coming to an end. 4DR wouldn't be the same without you because people like you are one of the reasons why 4DR is a wonderful place. Your dedication and hard work will always be appreciated by all of us. :3
Once again, thank you so much for everything you've done and thank you (all the other staff too) for giving me the opportunity to become a staff member!
Best of luck with your future, I hope everything goes well and that you'll be able to achieve whatever you want to! :heart:

Dokan

stay sugoi。
Staff Member
4DR Co-Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$9,266
FC
1294-4931-2036
NNID
/
Switch FC
SW-4185-9794-5014
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • 4DR Co-Leaders
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
I'm very inconsolable, that our mastermind is leaving us soon.
While it's depressing to farewell a longstanding member and leader, it's also quite relieving that you're not leaving for good.

Days are passing like seconds, years like hours and yet we don't want to believe that we grew up fast, because we still want to live in our childhood.
Unfortunately, reaching adulthood means also to leave things behind, which are important to someone, but are blocking the path to the future.

Within the last two years, I have learned many things in the clan from you:
I found out how present myself correctly in the clan and in the community, which got me rid of my former shy and weird appearance.
I experienced the bad and competitive parts of the MKWii community and learned how to deal with them.
I made a terrific mistake, but got a second chance and learned from it.
Without you (and many others too, love y'all too), I probably would've been either at I$ (pls no) or some other tryhard clan, maybe left the MK community or even quit maining Nintendo games entirely.

We are infinitely thankful for people like you. You were one of the main people, who lead us to the point, where we are now. While other clans die in only a few months after foundation, we're here for almost 7 years, getting through every obstacle, while others struggle.
Thank you very much for being our main leader, race companion, baddie buster and owner of 4DR. I hope we can still see you around in the forum for many years and remember, we are always here for you. :D :heart:

~ Dokan

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$8,602
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
Can't believe you're actually doing this, our most respected boss going to leave. It is really sad to see this but we all understand your reasons. You've been a very great leader and you made such a great impact on this clan and I'm really glad with everything you've done for us Amaya! You will certainly be missed as one of the awesome leaders and we can't thank you enough! I want to wish you good luck with everything and may all your wishes and goals come true! :D

Tomas

♥ 4DR Clan
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$714
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 3 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Staff Conquerors
It is always sad when a 4DR member for any reason should leave the clan but certainly it is much more when that member has been so important to the history of this clan. You are in my first memories of the clan back then as Sonic. I will remember you as someone who had great dedication and hard work for this clan that like everyone we love. Thank you for everything Amaya!! I wish you the best in this new chapter in your life that is about to begin.