• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Mii installer "error ret-1" ,how do I fix it? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zoghon

Blooper
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$60
FC
3871-4730-2971
Anytime when I try to open Mii installer on the Hombrew Channel,it just says "Error ret -1"
Anyone know how to fix it?

Good afternoon.
I had that error too, but i switched to the easier program "Savegame Manager GX".
Maybe this program could help you.

Yeah,but for some reason when I extracted it to the Wii,the Mii doesn't show up when I go into the Mii channel
Maybe the client ID is not correct.

Try to type that in Client ID: 54-51-83-7a.
I don't know, if that will work.

Then you have to extract a Mii from your Wii to the SD card.
Open the file with the Mii program on the computer and copy the client ID.
Insert the Client ID in your created Mii and copy it to the Wii.
Then it must work.

Then you have to extract a Mii from your Wii to the SD card.
Open the file with the Mii program on the computer and copy the client ID.
Insert the Client ID in your created Mii and copy it to the Wii.
Then it must work.

I tried but it's still the same

Hey and welcome to the forum! Yeah so only regular SD cards are compatible with the Mii Installer application. Most SD cards are SDHC, so most SD cards aren't going to work with that application. I see that you're using the right application now, but I thought I'd just explain why that is. Can you try changing both the client ID and avatar ID? And can you tell us exactly how you're frying to install your Mii?

Hey and welcome to the forum! Yeah so only regular SD cards are compatible with the Mii Installer application. Most SD cards are SDHC, so most SD cards aren't going to work with that application. I see that you're using the right application now, but I thought I'd just explain why that is. Can you try changing both the client ID and avatar ID? And can you tell us exactly how you're frying to install your Mii?

After all this time It worked,I just had to change the symbol at the end of my Mii's name, for some reason I tried it with a pixel Heart and it didn't work. But when I replaced the heart with a full star at the end of the name, it worked.
For some reason I can only put some symbols.

Thanks guy!

After all this time It worked,I just had to change the symbol at the end of my Mii's name, for some reason I tried it with a pixel Heart and it didn't work. But when I replaced the heart with a full star at the end of the name, it worked.
For some reason I can only put some symbols.

Thanks guy!
I would also step in and say that the client ID cannot be the same as another mii! Just make sure to change that each time

error ret -1 appeared on my wii too and the problem was, that my sd was too big,
it has to be a 2gb sd max. iirc

If anyone have problems with the error thing thats because of the folders and file problem to fix it put the sd on to the pc
Create a folder called MIIS then put the mii in the folder Note: You have to name the mii filw 00000001 because if you didnt name the mii you would get this error. load the sd on to the wii open up install mii there we go

Back