1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missed opportunities in MKW

Discussion in 'Custom Tracks' started by boxtop, Jun 14, 2018.

1. boxtop

boxtop Be there or be square VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $706
    Clan:
    4DR
    Like thousands of other games, MKW definitely had some missed opportunities. I honestly think Nintendo could’ve had custom track a thing, they could’ve had special software they sold so players can easily make custom tracks, textures and characters. Now, I’m not saying it had to be free because really it’s Nintendo but they could’ve had like the whole setup around like $20 (I can’t say anything for people who don’t use dollars) and had tutorials on how to make custom tracks and characters and make textures.
    They could’ve also had a voting screen as to which courses you liked. You could’ve voted and if the course got enough likes it could be featured weekly and every week the featured tracks would change, but you could still pick the last weeks featured tracks.

This is also just me. Anyone else have anything nintendo couldve done with MKW?

Edit: In one of Troy’s (TWD98) videos he mentions something about him wishing there was a reverse mode. Honestly I think that would’ve been more creative that mirror bcause in reverse mode there would be different shortcuts, potentially less, and it would give a different perspective of the track. Now, yeah it might’ve been a little difficult to do some tracks backwards such as the tracks with cannons, but what they could’ve done is just made an invisible cannon one the other side. For those jumps that are too high (I’m thinking of the one on Maple Treeway just before the swinging bridge thing) it could’ve been a boost panel that shoots you up into the air, or there could’ve been a mushroom that sent you directly onto the boost panel. For the walls that are just a little bit above the ground maybe they could’ve made the road just a little bit sketchy so you’d be able to stick to the road. Again, these are just my thoughts on what MKW could’ve done.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. DokiRewe

DokiRewe Master of Antics/Memes VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Veteran Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $794
    FC:
    1294-4931-2036
    NNID:
    never
    Switch FC:
    soon
    Clan:
    4DR
    1. Too much effort with the voting screen, implementing & actualizing that would be too much for Nintendo.
    2. They won't even release software to edit/replace resources, not even for 20-50$.
    3. Most of the households hadn't powerful PCs to run 3D software flawlessly.
    Also, were we able to know how to model a cube/sphere, not to mention a character model or a CT these days? Probably not.

To sum things up, this would be nice, but then, we won't have a community nowadays and this game probably would've been dead now.
    Also without that, we still have CTGP/Hack Pack and dozens of CT creators. :p

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. boxtop

boxtop Be there or be square VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $706
    Clan:
    4DR
    I do realize that the customization software would be too much for computers back then (tbh I forget that it was released In 200) which totally sucks

4. Crystal

Crystal Fake Item Box 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $505
    Clan:
    4DR
    SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC OPINION
    I feel like the problem with MKW wasn't what they missed, rather what they removed. Examples: Double items, an actually good battle mode, or mission mode. These would've all made the game feel even more complete. Also, what TWD said about reverse instead of mirror sounds like a much better idea.

MORE ON TOPIC OPINION
    Also, I think a level editor would be a good idea for Mario Kart, but in my opinion it would have to be very limited in customization and be built straight into the game, and only be used for offline play. I know that sounds like a dumb idea, but it's a similar idea to what smash did with the stage builder. Having a seperate application that you have to use on a different device just sounds like too much work.

5. Hari

Hari 'o' - Hari 2018 4DR Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,967
    FC:
    5117-0143-6379
    NNID:
    hari666@4DR (jk)
    Switch FC:
    never
    Clan:
    4DR
    I agree with Dokan and Crystal.

6. Stylechrasher

Stylechrasher Blooper 4DR Trial Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $226
    FC:
    4515-7190-4264
    NNID:
    Wind Waker
    I agree with Dokan and Crystal too because I think Nintendo is in some points only lazy and most of the PC from private user are not powerful enough. And Nintendo hates when you change some stuff that they created.
    And this maybe sounds silly but I think Nintendo is afraid that other companies steal their software and make something better from it then Nintendo did. Because if they would have had released such a software then they just give something out of their programmed stuff that for example X-Box and Play Station could use to make their own software out of it that like I said before is better than this one of Nintendo.