1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Resignation

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Azula, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Azula

Azula Sweet but Psycho VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    Hello everyone,

I am frankly not sure where to begin with this thread. I’ve never written a thread of this magnitude before ever in my life, so please excuse me if it’s not as long or didn’t include everything you were expecting. Even I don’t know what to really include or say in this- this is more a “stream of consciousness” thing for me. So to put it bluntly: yes, I will be leaving 4DR effective December 31st, 2017. I may stay red a bit after that to truly transfer everything over and help out, but I will not be an official leader at that point. There are quite a few different reasons for this (no, seriously), but the main one is the generic "I don't have time anymore". While this may be generic, it isn't any less true for me. I'm sure many of you have noticed that I have been extremely inactive over the past few months. I knew I was going to be very inactive (which is why I disabled posting on my profile and the ability for people to send me conversations- I didn't want anyone to send me anything expecting a quick reply.) Yet, while I knew I was going to be inactive, I still didn't know it was going to be as severe as it was. The issue was, I knew I was awfully inactive but there wasn't anything I could do about it. I couldn't just become more active because obviously college and my education comes first, but I couldn't just quit either as I own the forum and completely abandoning 4DR to let it rot and die wasn't something I was interested in doing either. Luckily, I have found the perfect solution to my sticky scenario and that is I'm going to pass the forum onto someone else. Again, I care too much about 4DR and this forum to just pass it on to anyone or let some random person buy it out. So believe me, I have put a LOT of thought and consideration into it (I think this person will be able to acknowledge this), and the forum is now owned by (or soon to be owned by) Amaya. He will be the person solely in charge of caring for the forum and will be the "main" leader of 4DR. Going into the future, I will have no part of maintaining this forum. The only role I will hold at that point is a proud ex-owner. So anything regarding the clan or forum will have to be directed to Amaya and/or the appropriate staff. I just wanted to take the time to make this clear! After my resignation, I may become a moderator of the forum, but this depends on two crucial components: firstly, my activity needs to be decent. It should come to no surprise that to be a moderator on the forum, you need to be active. Secondly, it will be up to the staff team to decide if they need a moderator in the first place, and if so, if they want to choose me. Obviously I am unsure of how active I'm going to be, and of course it is up to the staff as to whether or not they want to promote me. So the future is unclear in that regard, but I thought I'd tell you guys anyway.

With all that out of the way, I suppose I'll talk about my experience being a leader of this incredible clan for over five years now. To put it simply: my experience has been no short of amazing. The biggest thing I have gained though? The biggest thing I have gained from this incredible journey is experience. I learned how to act in certain scenarios, I learned that a lot of people are scum bags in the world, and I learned that this community can be full of shit sometimes. Overall, I have learned to be more mature, which is a lesson that will benefit me for the rest of my life. Some of you would say that I'm still immature today, and you would not be wrong. I'm young and still have a lot of things to experience, a lot of lessons to learn; this will make me more mature over time. What am I supposed to say about all the memories? Seriously you guys, I've had so many memories here that we'd be here all day and night (for a year) if I tried to recall them all. We've had some great times, some good times, some bad times, and some awful times. We have most certainly gone through the motions. Some of my most favorite memories have been on Xat though. Man, those were seriously the days. Those of you who were there on Xat know it, and if you weren't- I'm so sorry but you'll just have to take my word for it and know that we had an absolute blast back in those days. Some of the more annoying times? Sure it's easy for me to sit here and say drama, but I'll be honest and say I enjoyed the drama and still do (to a lesser extent). Not only that though, I appreciated the drama because it made me better as a person and gave me more experience. I disliked dealing with staff conflicts (yes, those happen from time-to-time), as it seemed like things were falling apart asked crashing down at those times, but we always rebounded back. And of course, this post wouldn't be squat if I didn't give an honorable mention to all the trolls and 4DR haters. Sure, they could be annoying at times, but I primarily thought they were funny as you have a bunch of hormonal teenagers sitting in their basement playing COMPETITIVE MARIO KART trying to shit on you lmao. Hopefully one day they will actually contribute something to society and accept people who don't do things the way they do. But that will take some serious growing up on their part, so don't expect anything too soon, folks.

The biggest takeaway is that 4DR is an incredible clan unlike anything out there; believe me. The "generations" of 4DR have changed dramatically over the years, and I see this as something great. Change is good. Diversity is good. Embrace both of them! It would be very boring if everyone were the same and if nothing had changed over the years. And believe me, there have been many many MANY things that have changed over the years. The 4DR staff team truly does do incredible work and it’s hard for me to even describe what they do. The only way to completely understand this concept is if you have ever been a staff member yourself (particularly a leader or co-leader). These people really do work their asses off for everyone else, so I have to tip my hat off to them! But yes, 4DR really is an incredible clan. No clan has a combination of this incredible forum, time alive, and the ability to fight of all the stupid haters. No clan out there at all is like that! I just want everyone to be aware of the incredible clan they are in right now. In terms of Mario Kart Wii and myself, I will rarely be playing anymore. I may play more actively again in the future, but as of right now, it’s a thing of the past for me. All of my licenses have sadly been deleted, so if you have my 1208-5912-7626 license added, feel free to delete it and make room for other people as I won’t (and it’s quite literally impossible for me) be using that license anymore. I wanted to get online and record my final roster and win and loss count with everyone, but I didn’t have the chance to. So if you happen to have a picture of our final win and loss record, please feel free to post it here or send it my way and I will certainly save it as I will cherish those memories forever! Of course, just because I’m resigning doesn’t mean I’m going to be dropping off the face of the planet or that I’m not interested in Mario Kart anymore. Both of these things would be inaccurate! I will still be around and am very much interested in Mario Kart still, but the current time is not the best timing for me to be pursuing either of those interests. At this point, I don’t have too much more to say. I’m sure I could’ve written a lot more about the memories and experiences I’ve had, but I’m pretty sure the forum has a character limit and I’m getting close to it (forum threads aren’t meant for novels!), so I think I’m going to cut it off here. Once again, the main messages that I want to get across here are the following: 4DR is an incredible clan that I hope all of you stick around in because while an amazing clan, it’s an even more amazing family. Secondly, the staff team does incredible work and there is no doubt in my mind that they will continue to do great things after my time ends. Thirdly and most importantly, I love you all! It’s been incredible meeting and talking to so many of you from different places, backgrounds, and experiences. You all have incredible stories, passion, and drive, and every single one of you are going to do big things in this world!

EDIT: I am posting this with the original thread but it is an edit for me since I had typed this thread out months in advance. I noticed I forgot to post something on our 5 year anniversary thread a couple months ago. I certainly did not forget, but not to give excuses, my time has been severely limited (hence my awful activity. Believe me, I wish I could still be around as much as I used to)! I know our anniversary was months ago, but it still felt wrong not to mention anything at all or not apologize for not posting anything. 5 years is an insane accomplishment that very few clans can say they have achieved (and we are the only clan who can say we achieved that with everything we have gone through), so CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU to everyone! I’m sure there will be many more years to come. :)

Kind regards and best wishes to 4DR,
    Zach (2012-2017)
    xoxo :heart:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 22
  2. Jonny

Jonny ☆♡☆ My World ☆♡☆ VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $9,179
    FC:
    4472-7682-1316
    NNID:
    YourSmellySocks
    Switch FC:
    SW-4604-8159-9402
    OMG ZACH :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me, throughout my time in 4DR. You were the one who brought me into 4DR, and showed me the ropes of literally everything.

It's so, so, soooo sad to see you go, mate. Reading this thread almost made me tear up (but sea lions can't cry!).
    Good luck with college, I wish you all the best. :gerald:

:heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Jonah

Jonah My Second Love is Splatoon! Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,755
    FC:
    2711-8312-7614
    NNID:
    smartwiiuandme
    Clan:
    4DR
    So sorry to see you go Zachy :sob:
    I really hope you have a great rest of your life. Promise you won't forget us?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex

Alex 15/04/2017-27/08/2018 VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Social Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,757
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    It’s incredibly sad that you’re having to leave Zach, but obviously your college must come first. I’m sure everyone here appreciates everything you’ve done for us and the clan itself. The clan wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t for you, and we are all overwhelming greatful for that!

On a more personal note, I’m even more greatful for you bringing me into the clan in the first place and giving me the opportunity to be a part of this unique and incredible family we have here! Unfortunately I joined around the time you began to be less active so I haven’t got to talk with you as much as I would’ve liked to, so I really hope you’ll keep in touch around here as much as you can!

Overall, just thank you. For everything! What you’ve done for everyone here, present, past and future, is exceptional. I really do wish you the best in college and in life, and I hope we’ll still see you around! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daviid

Daviid Daviid#8517 Banned Banned

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,159
    NNID:
    /
    Switch FC:
    /
    Zach... my favourite leader :( im speachless maybe i will write later more but i dont have the time :c it was so much fun to play with u battle and races. Thx for everthing :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexander

Alexander Luigi Time! Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $29,235
    FC:
    2924-4388-5200
    NNID:
    DarkVeaz
    Switch FC:
    SW-0668-0927-2585
    Clan:
    4DR
    Quite shocking to see in my alerts saying that you created a thread regarding your resignation. An awesome leader resigning from 4DR! But, I must say that it's very understanding, Zach. As time passes on, things change in your life. I know you've been extremely busy in your life (and you still are) but I'm happy you focus on those goals in your life. You were my favorite leader Zach, I seriously can't thank you enough for everything you've done for us since we merged with your clan. I really can't say in words how much impact you made when you agreed on merging with us, becoming 4DR. If you didn't agree, 4DR would be much different. When I think back when I worked together with you as a leader, I am very impressed and amazed in how much you've contibuted for both the clan and the forum. You are the reason why this forum exists. It was your idea to have a forum and everybody is thankful for that! Creating a huge list for the contibutions you've done wouldn't be enough, because there's literally A LOT of them! Even though you aren't active on Mario Kart Wii, I'm still keeping you in my roster. Because your 4DR name just looks so good in my roster, it's makes me think how awesome you are and that you were such a great leader! :D It's saddening we weren't able to race with you anymore, but there are pictures and video's here and there with you included and it's a very good memory!
    I learned a lot of things from you, and I miss the times when we used to talk more. I also remember we were BFFs on Xat, and that was truly an awesome time! The chat was packed with many great people.

You are everyone's favorite leader, and everyone has learned a lot of things from you! It's sad you have to leave, but you will never be forgotten! I want to wish you good luck with your goals! And don't worry about 4DR, we will make it awesome! When you get older, I bet you will think that you have been in an awesome clan! Proud you have been there and proud of how many people adored you! As always, you are very welcome here and we'd love to talk with you Once again, I want to thank you for EVERYTHING! :D
    Stay awesome, Zach! :D :heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ontonowitsch

ontonowitsch Big and purple! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,913
    Clan:
    ´4DR
    We haven't had the best member-owner relation for the past 3 years (as far as I remember) but I do wish you the best of luck and lots of success!! When you're ready you can come and seduce me with your psychological thingy!

EDIT: my previous post doesn't show how much I appreciate your presence as a leader for this clan, so I'll try again.
    Without your strong leadership and kindness the clan would have never lasted so long. After reading your announcement several times I remembered some funny moments I've experienced with you, like the skype calls I had at 4am or the battle rooms- to list a few
    Sure, real life is always the first priority but when you've got time we should absolutely renew the fun experience. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Frost

Frost Never give up. Keep trying. VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,650
    FC:
    2411-1844-9418
    Switch FC:
    SW-6092-7378-5415
    There's a lot of things I can't say I'm proud of; Being a member of 4DR approximately 10 times, clashing with you on 3 different occasions (Pwned 4DR Zachy!) and being an absolute pain in the neck. I can say however that it was an honor to serve as a 4DR Leader twice, which not many can say happened to them, and being an absolute close friend to you. Your resignation, while saddening, is inevitable, and should be understood by all members of 4DR and the forum. I certainly do miss seeing you on Mario Kart Wii, which is both a great and a horrible game at the same time, thank the community for this. :p It's just never the same when you have purple line Peach in the game with us anymore. But in regards to your future @Azula, you've pretty much reached the threshold of your adult life, and I wish you well in your studies and your near and far future plans. Never leave your clan family behind :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandy Marie

Sandy Marie Red Shell VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

This news is really sad, thanks for everything, you are a great leader. I wish you the best in all your projects, I am sure that you will achieve everything that you want to follow, because you are a great person, good luck Zach :hug: :heart:

10. Lloyd

Lloyd Triple Bananas Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $8,607
    FC:
    1935-9707-1074
    Clan:
    4DR
    Words don't describe how amazing you have been to 4DR, and that you have ran it for many years. I will never forget the memories and now I say farewell. Good luck in life! :heart::cry:

11. amaya

amaya go home amaya ur drunk Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $301
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    I'm speechless. I would never in a million years think I could have the opportunity to be the main owner of 4DR, heck, I should probably consider getting a lottery ticket with this kind of luck! I'll most certainly bring to the table anything and everything to make this clan better, and I have a great staff team to thank for me getting to this point.

As a final goodbye note for Zach, you've done an absolutely incredible job keeping this clan the great group of friends that we are today. I expected nothing less from our clan's founder. Not only were you my leader, my co-worker, and my friend, but you were like an older brother I never had. You coached me to be an incredible leader figure not only for this clan, but in real life as well. I don't think I would have become a Supervisor at my real life job right now if it weren't for you coaching me on how to really bring out my work ethic in a positive light. We'd always have good laughs (even if it meant a love-hate relationship from time to time), but you've ultimately been an absolutely positive role in my success, and if I had never met you, hell, I wouldn't nearly be the same person I am now. I'm sure you have done the same for several other current/former members and/or staff, and I could never trade our friendship for anything in the world. I'm sorry you had to put up with the shit me that was immature and stupid from years ago, but you helped me become who I am today, and with some patience, you can bring out the best in anyone. I'm glad you did that for me, and I can't possibly thank you for everything you've done. We will all dearly miss you, and will root for your success. :')

-Tom (Amaya/Sonic)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,620
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    I really want to thank you Zachy for all the years that you have been part of 4DR. I can still remember the day, June 26, 2015, when you welcomed me into the forum. I also want to thank you for making that 4DR shirt because it will always remind me of 4DR. Finally, thanks on inspiring us to become better people, and we will always make you proud.

13. BelieveInMe

BelieveInMe Fake Item Box

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,581
    FC:
    3184-2785-7374
    Switch FC:
    SW-2030-4926-0917
    Clan:
    4DR
    Zachy I am very shocked to see you go and never thought to see an owner "resign" their role, even if I never knew you as well as others did. I hope you have a great life ahead of you and just know we will always remember you. :pensive:...:confounded:...:sob::sob::sob:

14. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    Thanks for all you’ve done here. Good luck on your future ventures!

15. Tomas

Tomas ♥ 4DR Clan VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

Clan:
    4DR
    Where to start ... First of all, thank you for all you have done for this family called 4DR! You were always available when someone needed help. Now talking about me, I have many memories, friend. Thanks to you, I was able to join 4DR for the first time (2013) and whenever I had doubts I usually turned to you as the first option, Also thanks to you I managed to be a better member while I was active . We were fortunate to be able to share with you great moments for several years in this clan.I will always consider you a friend Zach. It is impossible to forget everything you worked with the other leaders to make this clan a better clan. GGs for every race we could play, I always enjoyed playing with you ;) Friday night was the best, Thanks to the WW Sessions. Unfortunately we must all go through this situation because it is inevitable to grow and have greater responsibilities and with it new priorities. Thanks again Zach for being one of the best leaders (if not the best) of the 4DR clan. Thanks for this forum and mainly for your friendship. No doubt you will be missed! Everyone in 4DR will always remember you from the depths of our hearts. I would like to tell you this, I know it is a very difficult moment for you and I can only tell you that you should not regret anything, you always gave your 100% of dedication for this clan and your decision is very understandable. From the beginning of the year you let us know the possibility that this would happen. Now we are in December and that shows how difficult it has been for you to make this decision. The clan has a strong structure that will be difficult to tear down. You can be sure that 4DR will remain as a great clan because the majority of the current members value and love this clan. The clan is in good hands and that is the most important thing, Some will no longer be here as time goes by and new members will come but the essence will never change, I am sure about that my friend. Now to finish I hope you can visit the forum from time to time, I wish you the best in your life. Have success in what you propose Zach! :heart:
    ~ Your friend Dark z/Tomas

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ophiuchi Alex

Ophiuchi Alex let the aux bleed put nostalgia on repeat VIP Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,152
    honestly should've given the forum to tim because hes still complaining about how he isn't vet yet and how its bs so i think you owe him

okay, joking aside. I'm sorry i don't have much to say, so this will be short. I haven't really talked with you all that much, but you certainly gave me a warm welcome, and i will always associate that with my memories here. From what i have read and seen you seemed like a nice dude to be around, and that was my purpose of joining here in the first place. You did a really nice job shaping this into what you wanted it to be, and i think everyone can understand why you are leaving. Mario Kart, just like other things, just cant last forever. as you grow up more responsibilities are shoved on you whether you like it or not. That's just growing up. I'm glad i can see someone making decisions for the better, even though it may go against your initial wants. But i can say with all the people joking around about 4dr, i wont lie i will joke around with it, i really did appreciate the time here. i never really felt like i wanted to leave, it was a place i could take my mind off things and vibe out to whatever i was listening to. And its a breath of fresh air to not have someone yelling at someone else or flaming them, because that brings down the mood. Also to note: yes, i do joke around about 4dr. from my personal opinion i normally use it sarcastically, knowing its not a competitive clan. My apologies if anyone took that the wrong way, but from my point of view i wasn't flaming the community here because i truly did like it. unfortunately it had to come to an end on my end decision to leave here, as what i saw as a choice couldn't sway me in this direction because of all i have built in the competitive community. Glad i got to meet you, and good luck later in life with academics and even beyond that! always know that you were successful in creating a fun place for really anyone of any skill level to go.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wifisfuneral

Wifisfuneral KING WEEF VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $13,628
    Clan:
    υτ
    i’ve been on and off since 2013, and you haven’t heard from me in ages but i wanna say thank you for what you’ve done for the clan and everyone in it, including myself, for giving me second chances and putting up with my nonsense, it means a lot. the past is the past, but now it’s time for your future! i’d like to wish you only the best of luck with your next steps in life and i genuinely hope all goes well for you. work hard, keep your grind up. i love all the memories we’ve shared, even if we weren’t the closest, it was still a nice experience to share with you. there’s more i could say but im gonna keep this one fairly short. thank you for keeping this place alive and welcoming, and for being an all out fantastic leader. best regards with whatever may come your way, and good luck to you zach!

- feytal

18. ParisAP

ParisAP Surviving VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

Man, what can I say?
    I've been around 4DR since pre-wiimmfi and I've been around now aswell, and you've always been there and always have been a great leader for this clan, you sure made this clan as it is today and you should be proud of that.
    Its sad to see you go, but its completely understandable as: Real life > Internet in any situation whatsoever.
    Good luck in college & with your education! I'm sure you'll pass and succeed in it!

I also want to thank you here once again for giving me a chance to co-lead this clan beside you & the other staff, even if it was for a short time, I learned alot from it & You've been a great example as a Leader, other clans should take an example aswell!

Also, I'm always available on Discord aswell! even tho I know you wont be online much due to college but if you ever find the chance to come online and talk, just know I'm always open to talk! :)

Once again, thank you for serving 4DR for those past 5 years.
    You've done a wonderful job at it & you should never forget that!

- Paris

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dokan

Dokan Lasciami fare da solo. Staff Member 4DR Co-Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

FC:
    1294-4931-2036
    NNID:
    /
    Switch FC:
    SW-4185-9794-5014
    Clan:
    4DR
    It's very sad to see, that our main man is leaving us soon. It's the man who has worked on the clan for a half decade, who has inspired us, who gave us the chance to have such a long-living clan and community, who never gave up in his life.
    Even though I haven't heard so much from you, I am still very thankful that you gave me a warm welcome and you helped with my trial.
    I...no...We want to thank you for being an excellent and unreplaceable staff member, even though I am only since nearly a year here, I think those were the best 5 years in your life. :)
    Keep going and good luck with your business life, never forget these years.

~ Dokan (Skip)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Alicu

Alicu ♡ 4DR ♡ Staff Member 4DR Co-Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

FC:
    0650-2467-9888
    Clan:
    4DR
    Zachy ;-; It was an amazing ride. You've been with 4dr from the beginning and the feeling that its over just sucks. December 31st is going to be such a sad day, Tbh I kind of saw this day coming, you were so inactive but when it actually happened, it is still shocking. Its an amazing feeling to think about all those earlier days, xat, skype and icyboards. Ive never been on xat so I dont really know how it was there, but many said it was alot of fun so I guess I missed it ): . I still remember those days when you were very active, months and years can pass but I dont think ill forget it. Thanks for being here, because of you alot of us have many unforgettable memories. You've run a very successful clan. A clan active for 5 years? thats hard to believe right? but you've made it happen! Thanks to everyone who contributed to that too. You have always been dedicated, whenever I needed a hand, you've helped me, thank you for that ^^
    I hope you'll still stick around 4dr. Ofc real life is more important, hopefully you'll find sometime for us, we will miss you alot. Srsly I feel so sad writing this aah ;; Good luck with your future and I hope everything goes your way :heart:

• Like Like x 2