(NEEDS HELP) PROJECT RETRO (name w.i.p) - Bringing nostalgia to Mario Kart Wii in it's purest form!

Lewis

Green Shell
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,451
FC
1251-5432-2659
Switch FC
SW-4816-9145-7697
  • Bronze Members
Hello everyone!
I am making a custom track distribution that will do the following:
  • Bring back every single Mario Kart track up to Mario Kart 7 in the Mario Kart Wii engine
  • Add custom music slots to revo_kart.brsar to bring back the songs that made the tracks special in the first place
  • Use LE-CODE to allow the best of the best retro battle tracks to be relived
  • Include Wiimmfi for online sessions
So, while I do have some spare time and a bit of knowledge, I need a bit of help. So, if you are good at any of the roles below, reply to this thread and I'll give you a link to any necessary files in a PM (and I might also make a Discord server later down the line):
  • Tester (job: Test the pack for bugs and upload a video showcasing the pack if you can do that) (current tester(s): @C0lton, @Goldilocks)
  • BRSTM Creator (job: Use Brawlbox to create BRSTMs and find places to loop the songs. You don't need to name them anything in particular because I will do that when adding custom music slots)
  • LE-CODE Person (job: implement LE-CODE into the pack, change the laps for tracks that need that sort of thing, create the straps, make Riivolution xmls for America, Europe and Japan. I'll give you the tracks and pictures needed for the strap) (current LE-CODE person: me!)
  • ISO Builder (not needed) (job: make an iso builder for the distribution once it's finished. I'll send you the pack for iso building)
I know it sounds like I am asking for a lot (and I probably am), but if you can at all help, I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

C0lton

Fake Item Box
4DR Trial Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$680
FC
0864-9962-4251
I can certainly test, but unfortunately, I can't do anything else since I don't have a working "real" computer.

basically what I'm saying is I'm completely useless.

Reactions: Lewis

Lewis

Green Shell
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,451
FC
1251-5432-2659
Switch FC
SW-4816-9145-7697
  • Bronze Members
I can certainly test, but unfortunately, I can't do anything else since I don't have a working "real" computer.

basically what I'm saying is I'm completely useless.
It’s okay! You can still test once the pack’s ready!

Reactions: C0lton