1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Contest Designer Wanted + Other Contest-Related Announcements!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by amaya, Sep 9, 2017.

1. amaya

amaya ♥ 6 Years ♥ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,503
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Hello! I'm here to bring you a few announcements regarding our Forum Contests.

The Summer Scavenger Hunt has been terminated due to the lack of participants in the contest. Unfortunately, not a single person found any of the articles in the Scavenger Hunt (or at least shown us any proof of founding them, boo!), so the item locations will be revealed tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Secondly, this is just a reminder that the last day to submit times for the Custom Track Time Trial Contest is in approximately 1 week, so feel free to submit your times once you have some done, but make sure they are submitted by the deadline!

Finally, the Contest Designers feel as if we might need a little bit of help due to Rich's departure as a contest designer to focus on his studies and play for his school's chess team. So, we are accepting 1 more new applicant to join our team! In order to do that, however, you will need to create a thread in the Voting Booth under Contest Designer Applications. This link for that is here.

What should you include in your application? I have basically the same format that I recommend from last time, but here it is once again:
    • Any experience you have with moderation (as you will have access to limited moderation tools in the Contests Section).
    • What would be a contest you want to make? Think big, and be creative! We want to see how creative you can be!
    • Why do you want the position? We are looking for dedication in this team, and if you don't have a reason to be on the team, why are you there in the first place?
    While we appreciate each an every application that is submitted to us, and we believe that each applicant has at least some potential to be a great contest designer, the following aspects will automatically void your application:
    • You aren't a registered member of the forum. If you want to design contests (and be able to submit an application in the first place), you will need an account on the forum.
    • You have cheated in a previous contest. Frankly, someone who cheats in contests that they create really makes the environment to work in pretty awkward, and it really doesn't look too good on you either as a contest designer.
    • You have broken a contest rule that got you disqualified from a contest. Basically the same thing as the previous bullet.
    Once you submit an application, there is no turning back. You can only submit one application, and you cannot go back an edit your application. So make sure it's as perfect as possible! Submitting multiple applications for the same application period will decrease your chances of getting the position, so only submit one application!

The applications will close on September 23rd 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.

Good luck everyone, and happy applying! :ranger:

• Like Like x 2
  2. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,620
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Good luck guys, and may the best designer win! :)

3. Alexander

Alexander Luigi Time! Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $27,618
    FC:
    2924-4388-5200
    NNID:
    DarkVeaz
    Switch FC:
    SW-0668-0927-2585
    Clan:
    4DR
    Good luck to those applying! :)

4. amaya

amaya ♥ 6 Years ♥ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,503
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    Just a reminder that you have a little over a week left to submit your application if you are interested! :)

5. Alicu

Alicu ♡ ♡ ♡ Staff Member 4DR Co-Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

FC:
    0650-2467-9888
    Clan:
    4DR
    When is the announcement being posted? I didn't apply but i'm curious to see who did :3

6. Tim

Tim Jesus may walk on water, but I swim on land VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $168
    FC:
    0518-9005-9480
    NNID:
    King157-MK8
    Clan:
    4DR
    @Alexx has been chosen to join the Contest Designer Team! Congrats :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alex

Alex 15/04/2017-27/08/2018 VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Social Member Active Forum Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $16,130
    FC:
    4043-2716-9973
    Switch FC:
    SW-1962-1671-2223
    Clan:
    4DR
    Wow thank you! Hopefully i can do a good job! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alicu

Alicu ♡ ♡ ♡ Staff Member 4DR Co-Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Active Forum Member Contest Designer

FC:
    0650-2467-9888
    Clan:
    4DR
    Congrats again! Ik you will :D

• Like Like x 1