• Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but threads would sometimes load rather slow (the thread would load, but the page wouldn't have completely loaded; not showing all the posts). This has happened to me and I had our amazing host guy check it out and we have come to the conclusion that these slow loading times (not that they are horrendously bad or anything, but it was noticeable) were due to people's ginormous signatures. Due to this and to ensure everything is speedy, we have some new signature rules compared to my free reign rules when setting the site up.

First off, no more youTube videos in your signature. The embed player has to load each and every single time the thread or page on a thread is loaded, which really slows down a thread.

Second, you may only have 1 image in your signature. This is pretty self-explanatory as well. Images take up a lot of space usually and take a longer time to load.

You may only have 2 links in your signature. Text doesn't really take any longer to load, but there really isn't a need to have a crap ton of links in your signatures. If your links are for social media, then we have various social media threads where you can advertise your social media if 2 links aren't enough for you to do that.

You may only have 2 emoticons/emojis/smilies in your signature. Again, no need to spam emoticons and they're images and take longer to load.

The maximum text size you can use in your signature is size 3. Bigger sizes take up more space and distract from the main act; the thread/post at hand.

The maximum amount of line breaks/lines you can have in your signature are 3. This means your signature can only be three lines long. For example:

line1
line2
line3

^^^ is the maximum amount of space you have in your signature. This is really only for text. Images don't apply, but do take up a line.

You may only use 296 characters total in your signature. This is basically two full lines (character counted; dependent on screen size though).

We apologize if this annoys people, but we want to keep our site loading fast. We encourage people to use the various social media threads, and put most of your information in the "About Me" section on your profile. The main point of a forum is the content (the threads and posts). Signatures should not take away or distract from this. These rules apply for new signatures as of now. However, in a week, we will be going through people's signatures and editing them to ensure that these rules are followed. So, you have a week to edit your signature to ensure these rules are followed (plenty of time).

Also, for those who don't want to see signatures altogether and get maximum performance, please check off the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your preferences: http://4drclanforum.com/index.php?account/preferences

Thanks and that's all for now. If you have any suggestions, we'd be happy to consider them, but this is probably how it will roughly remain.

Frost

Thriving in wild memory.
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,679
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • VIP Members
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Staff Conquerors
Interesting... I can't even see my own signature so :l

Rachy

Oreo Lover
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$36,063
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
4DR
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Top Level Players
  • Weapon Collectors
  • 4DR Leaders
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Contest Winners
  • Salutations
Interesting... I can't even see my own signature so :l
I can confirm that you still have one image (which was MKWii license), seven words (38 characters) with one link (redirect to your YT channel) and one smilie in your signature. Not sure if you knew it already. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Frost

Sarape

Back from the dead
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
FC
0518-9005-9480
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
I've noticed it on mobile. I didn't know it was signatures o: Can't decide which one to keep.... :/

Justin

<b><font color="red">Splatoon Freak</font></b>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,425
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
  • 5 Year Membership
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • S+ 99 Achievement
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Early MK8 Purchasers
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Persistent Posters
  • DLC Collectors
I can confirm that you still have one image (which was MKWii license), seven characters with one link (redirect to your YT channel) and one smilie in your signature. Not sure if you knew it already. :p
He actually has 38 characters of text (you meant 7 words not characters), excluding the actual link inside of the hyperlink and excluding the emoticon. :p

Rachy

Oreo Lover
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$36,063
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
4DR
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Top Level Players
  • Weapon Collectors
  • 4DR Leaders
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Contest Winners
  • Salutations
Oh oops, I made a typo of that number, lol!

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,963
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
I've noticed it on mobile. I didn't know it was signatures o: Can't decide which one to keep.... :/
Mobile shouldn't ever be a problem. If it's slow there, it must be due to bad internet or whatever as signatures don't show for anyone on mobile (since it is assuming you already have a tiny screen to begin with).

Sarape

Back from the dead
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$0
FC
0518-9005-9480
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
Signatures show up for me on mobile, but it's slow o: I don't have any problems with the PC

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,963
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Signatures show up for me on mobile, but it's slow o: I don't have any problems with the PC
They shouldn't. Are you on a bigger device (like a tablet) rather than a phone (which is what mobile is for most people)?

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,963
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Well then it must be bigger than most because signatures do not show up on mobile. I don't see them, and even the developers of the software say they developed it that way. But this is irrelevant to this thread.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff Member
Tech Admin
4DR Veteran Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,963
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
These rules have taken effect now since it's been Friday. If your signature still violates these rules, we will edit your signature and remove whatever we need to so that it meets these guidelines. You won't get to have any say on what stays. It's been a week, so no sympathy really. :p

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.