• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Users who are viewing this thread

~Jonny~

Green Shell
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$173
yesterday during an froom I was feeling sick and by the end I was feeling incredibly nauseous, which is common since I feel sick a lot, but my parents came home and started flaming at me and blaming games so they removed my mkwii disk again and they said if I ever played mkwii again they'd break the disk because they don't like me playing it. but I blamed eating bad food, still its futile...
IDK what to do...
They don't want me to go back to when I was younger, playing mkwii daily and pretty often for that matter, and I get what they mean since entering high school, but I just wanted to play a little ;(

it sounds like they have the same problem as my parents.:(

You should tell your parents to get with the times. There is no link to video games and sickness.

But thanks for the activity notice!

Your parents are simply just uninformed. They seem like the type of people who also believe that shooter video games causes real world violence, when both things have been debunked numerous of times.

Basically, you're screwed. Because your parents at any time can just choose to say you're wrong if you try explaining it to them, and punish you anyway.

My advice is to just wait it out, a few weeks, maybe a month or so, somewhat after your cold or whatever is gone, and then just ask them if you can play it again, they'll probably just forget about it or realize how stupid it is to say that video games make you sick. As a person who's played video games their whole life I would probably be dead by now if that were the case.

Your parents are simply just uninformed. They seem like the type of people who also believe that shooter video games causes real world violence, when both things have been debunked numerous of times.

Basically, you're screwed. Because your parents at any time can just choose to say you're wrong if you try explaining it to them, and punish you anyway.

My advice is to just wait it out, a few weeks, maybe a month or so, somewhat after your cold or whatever is gone, and then just ask them if you can play it again, they'll probably just forget about it or realize how stupid it is to say that video games make you sick. As a person who's played video games their whole life I would probably be dead by now if that were the case.
Yeah I agree with @Joseph but it also depends if your parents hold onto little things from the past

It's not that I'm still sick, they know that me constantly under a screen, hence video games, give me headaches and make me feel sick, and when I feel sick I feel nauseous and stuff like that, and they decided to take the thing away that my parents think in their mind is too childish for me.

My parents took away my Wii simply because it is school time!:( That is kinda mean.

How long does this inactivity last for? Do you have other priorities (homework comes to mind) that you should and could be getting done before you play MKW?

How long does this inactivity last for? Do you have other priorities (homework comes to mind) that you should and could be getting done before you play MKW?
I'm not exactly sure how long it lasts, probably a few more weeks before I can persuade my forgiving mom into getting the disk back for me.

so wait, she only took the disk? doesn't that seem a little strange to you?

I'm not exactly sure how long it lasts, probably a few more weeks before I can persuade my forgiving mom into getting the disk back for me.

Do you have other priorities (homework comes to mind) that you should and could be getting done before you play MKW?

My dad took it lol
haha :p but still, why, if they thought that video games were making you sick, then why would they just take away one game?

haha :p but still, why, if they thought that video games were making you sick, then why would they just take away one game?
yeah idk lol its parent logic. they personally don't think I should be playing that because of my constant addiction from before. :p

@Zachy
well yeah, homework, watching my sister, basketball practice, washing dishes, trash, the basic shit
For the next week or two, I'd really work on making those priorities more than ever and you will surely be rewarded. ;)

For the next week or two, I'd really work on making those priorities more than ever and you will surely be rewarded. ;)
Yep okay I'll try.
My mom would only do something like that, (rewarding) but my dad would never in a millennium...

Back