• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Now that we're all on Discord... (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexander

Luigi time!
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$24,119
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Hi everyone! 4DR has moved from Skype to Discord and with that being said I went with the flow. I have been on Skype for many years and I've come across some issues with Skype in the past years; from little to very annoying problems. Chat lags, waiting too long for groups to load (Skype is becoming really slow for me recently) etc. Now that Skype is getting worse with every update for the PC and mobile (oh and look at Windows 10's version for it, that, I don't really like) and more and more people are leaving Skype for Discord, I understand why Discord is better. It is way more organized in terms of groups, it's extremely easy to use and it's fast!

So what do you guys think about Discord? And if you don't have Discord already, are you considering to use Discord and why? As I've said above, it's definitely better than Skype. Both programs are great for chatting, but if you're talking about it's qualities, yes, Discord is, without a doubt, number one.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have converted another human!

Lmao, I started using Discord BEFORE Skype, and as soon as I used Skype I tried to get everyone to use Discord instead, but everyone thought I was chatting crap about it being 10 times better. :joy:

I like Discord, mainly because it just has a lot to offer! :D

Same as you, Skype has been my main chatting platform for years, but as around end 2016 I got introducted to Discord and once I fully understood it, man it was alot easier and alot better than skype.
I love it! Absolutely perfect!

100% agreed!!!!

Skype was the bomb back in the day but a terrifying demon called Skype updates turned it into nothing but a pile of garbage crossed with a bleached mutant whale. And then Discord came along and showed me a light at the end of the tunnel of sewage and shit stains.

Im rlly glad there is discord, discord is way better and faster, has lots of things to do, the bots are soo cool :D
lovee discordd

Tbh I never have found skype a bad programme. people are always saying that they have group chat lag, or it takes forever to take a call up, or you can't hear people etc. I never experienced skype problems on my new laptop. ( I bought this laptop in September 2016) I never had lag and Skype worked properly. So in my point of view I guess you guys can see skype was good for me not ;)

Discord at other hands I experienced LOTS of problems with it. At first when I wanted to install discord I always go a random error. So i didn't got it for about a week or 2. After it I donwloaded it from another web browser and it was fixed. (If you guys are wondering I always use google chrome as browser but because I got errors while downloading it I used internet explore and then it worked well lol.) After that I had a couple of time that my messages didn't wanted to send to other people. It says often connecting on my phone and that's really annoying. On my PC I have often that I don't get the notifications. I get the messages but I never get the notifications, so I always need to check if I got a message or not. When I did a call with Paris on Discord we also got some bad luck with that lol. After that we just didn't try it again but I am sure it works good.
Is this a post that I am saying that skype is better then discord? no not at all!
Discord is really handy in terms for group chats. You can really assignate a roll to every person. You can also set bots in chats for some more fun. It's such a handy feature s I am giving Discord some plus points for that!

but yeah please consider that this is my OPINION :)

I think discord is more organized, in addition they can't block discord in school.

Discord did the one thing that Skype failed to do - Keep itself great. I'm sure we're all thankful that Discord has been around, as because if it wasn't, we'd have to suffer through each and every Skype update made. I know I'm grateful that I don't have to do that anymore!

Back