FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
Today, 8 years ago, @Zachy merged his clan, Re, with DarkMike's clan, HLF, creating this clan, known as 4DR. Neither one expected that day to be as impactful to hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people's lives in the community forever.

My 14-year old self was probably starting some unnecessary drama that day LOL, but this day is definitely quite significant for this clan, especially since there are maybe 1 or 2 other clans (at least to my knowledge) that have reached this milestone. And we certainly aren't going anywhere.

It's kind of interesting just how much this clan has experienced over the past 8 years. We've always been told by the peanut gallery that we aren't good enough, that we're a joke, etc. But all of those fools' clans never lasted more than 6 months. We are probably the only clan in the entire community that fully survived the NWFC shutdown and continued to thrive all these years later. We're one of maybe 3 clans in the history of the community to have its own website, and we truly are like a fully functioning community within the Mario Kart community as a whole.

As a celebration of this milestone (after finishing my numerous other projects that I've put off for far too long), I will start working on a podcast discussing the history of this clan and the story of how a group of teenagers in 2012 created the greatest Mario Kart clan of all time. This story will be about surviving as a casual clan in the sea of competitive vibes, drama, and what this clan has done to help many of our seasoned veterans to grow as individuals. If anyone wants to help out with this project or share your own srories from the clan, feel free to contact me on Discord (amaya#9494) and we can talk about it there.

I also wanted to say thank you to the hundreds upon hundreds of people (past, present, and future) who have decided that 4DR was the clan for them at one point in their lives, as that simple gesture meant the world to all of us. :heart:

Lycan

The Beast
Forum staff
4DR co-leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,134
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
Seeing a lot of other clans falter shortly after creation for various reasons of their own, it certainly is a major accomplishment with each milestone we pass for each year that we are still around as a clan! I am grateful for its presence since my first time of finding this community since 2014. Probably one of the only communities that I have never permanently departed, despite all of the things we've been through. Very proud of what it has been since it's birth :)

As a celebration of this milestone (after finishing my numerous other projects that I've put off for far too long), I will start working on a podcast discussing the history of this clan and the story of how a group of teenagers in 2012 created the greatest Mario Kart clan of all time. This story will be about surviving as a casual clan in the sea of competitive vibes, drama, and what this clan has done to help many of our seasoned veterans to grow as individuals. If anyone wants to help out with this project or share your own srories from the clan, feel free to contact me on Discord (amaya#9494) and we can talk about it there.

I am unsure, but also curious how exactly this would work, but I'm certainly interested in this idea. Feel free to drop me details

Reactions: Zachy

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Technology forum administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$7,516
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Happy anniversary 4DR! :D
This sounds like a super cool and interesting idea! Ditto to what Lycan said about being interested.

Timo

Gifted
Premium forum user
4DR member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,504
FC
3871-4732-7262
NNID
None
Switch FC
None
Clan
4DR
Happy 8th anniversary 4DR! :heart::party:🥳

Alexander

Luigi time!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR social member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,701
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
It's truly outstanding that this clan is still standing after 8 years! I'm really happy that 4DR is still going strong and it's amazing that I see people are interested to join! This is the result of 4DR being a very successful clan. I'm glad to still see familiar faces (be in the clan or not) around here.
I'm certain the clan will still go strong for many years to come!

Congratulations 4DR! :D

Reactions: Rachy and Zachy

Fergus

Red Shell
Forum staff
4DR co-leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,220
FC
0693-1977-6539
Clan
4DR
Really late but it's amazing we've been around for 8 years, even though I've been around for a bit over ¼ of those 8.