Switch FC
:(
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
I don't know my opinion yet, so I'll share with you all.
Pretty much a social gamer.
I've been wanting to expand my "gaming" library, so I thought of getting an Xbox. Now this is a pretty common game console, but it isn't that functional. I can play any games I want with my friends, but online costs, high game prices, etc. Another thing to keep in mind is the next Xbox us coming in 2021 iirc. Next I thought of getting a PC. They are waaay more functional because I can finally do homework on them, I also can use emulators, play online games on Chrome. Basically, PCs seem better in my opinion. However, they seem to loose the "social" aspect I'm looking for in gaming, cross-platform gaming seems pretty limited and my friends want me to get an Xbox, so, I want to hear your opinion.
Post automatically merged:

Inb4, YoU CaN plAY MINEcraFT wITH mODs.
Me: ye, I'll probably do that

Last edited:

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff Member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$9,162
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
I think it's a good idea to get a PC first, so you can do your homework and it gives you a lot of options. And in the meantime, you can spare up for the new XBox. At least that's what I think, I don't have a XBox myself but I really like having a PC. :p

Reactions: Fergus

Alex

15/04/2017-27/08/2018
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$3,085
FC
4043-2716-9973
Switch FC
SW-1962-1671-2223
Clan
4DR <3
  • 2 Year Membership
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • Contest Winners
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
I can't give much input on the PC side of gaming since i've never had a gaming PC loool, but i've had an Xbox One for 5 years, and an Xbox 360 for 7/8 years and have used it for both social and solo gaming so I might be able to help there!

I originally got the Xbox 360 when I was younger and loved the idea of the kinect ahah and it was good! Probably not as impressive nowadays but it was a huge step up from the use of a wii remote, which was all I knew at the time! It wasn't until later on that I found out that some of my friends had xbox's and began playing with them, and I think that's really where the console shines. It's extremely simple to add friends, invite them to a voice chat, join their games etc, and almost seems like what the whole system is based around! The Xbox One (which i'm assuming you're thinking about since the 360 is pretty old now aha) just added onto a lot of those features, but kept the same functionality as before. The system also has a lot of really good games for social gaming, although since almost any game on the Xbox is available on the PC the same could be said there looool. Aside from that, the xbox also has a clubs/LFG feature built in that allows you to join communities of people who play the same games as you, or find other people to play with which might be a selling point if that's important to you or you want to utilise it while not playing with friends. I've never tried it out so I can't say much about how the experience is, but fundamentally it seems like a good idea! The subscription cost for online is pretty annoying and there isn't really anything that makes it more worthwhile than online for free on almost all PC games, they do give out 4 free games every month that often have some pretty decent games in there which might help stomach the cost a bit more but if you're wanting to play Xbox online then the price is just going to be something you have to deal with unfortunately :/ As for the price of games themselves, most of the time they won't really be overpriced compared to other platforms, at least in my experience. From what i've heard, Steam have huge sales rather regularly and while Xbox do have these sales as well, they don't happen quite as frequently (mostly easter, summer, anniversaries etc). However, the paid membership also gives you some exclusive deals on games every month which isn't always the best, but might be beneficial if you see a game you're interested in get a slight discount!

Gaming wise, if you're wanting to play with friends and play socially then the Xbox is probably your best bet, especially considering that's what the rest of your friends already have and it might be tricky to find games to play crossplay (not sure though since I've never attempted to do so aha) with your friends. However, it seems like schoolwork may also be a factor in your decision and that should definitely come first! I can't really tell what the best option for you is bc that all depends on your priorities and desires, but I hope this has helped in some way aha :D

Reactions: Fergus