• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Purpose of DLC and isn't it boring? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,412
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
So first off, this isn't meant to be a flame thread or a troll thread or anything like that. I'm just genuinely curious...

What is DLC's purpose? The obvious answer for a lot of people is to add in more elements (elements being tracks, characters, etc, etc, etc...) or maybe even fix glitches and bugs where possible along the way. Great. However, let's say they release a DLC with a bunch of new characters and tracks and it's super exciting! YAY! So, you download it (let's say it's free). It turns out to be great with a bunch of cool tracks and characters... but after a week, or maybe even a month-- doesn't it just get boring? Great, I have all these tracks that I can use, but after a month... meh, I'm not so interested anymore. Then you go back to Wiimmfi with Mario Kart Wii or whatever else you play. But wait! There's another DLC coming in 6 months. Make sure to get that. :) Basically I just feel like DLC is just to reel people in from Mario Kart Wii/Wiimmfi and that's its only purpose in my opinion. What do you think?

P.S: before people start flaming me because I don't have the game, these are my opinions which I am entitled to. I don't know what everyone thinks or what is "normal"; that's the purpose of this thread.

At least Nintendo is trying to make Mario Kart 8 even more funnier and better for a short time with the DLCs.

To me, the DLCs are great! It makes the game better and I don't get bored of it! Although MKWii, the game has always been the same, so I got bored of it lately

____

easter-eggs_1427291318.jpg

To me, the DLCs are great! It makes the game better and I don't get bored of it! Although MKWii, the game has always been the same, so I got bored of it lately
I don't necessarily mean in general whether or not DLC is great. In general, yeah, I'd have to agree that DLC is a great and cool thing. Who can disagree? But I feel like it's only cool or only really "works" for a limited amount of time. After that limited amount of time, I feel like it just doesn't work? I feel like DLC is only Nintendo's "fishing poll" to reel back people from Wiimmfi, if you will.

I don't think the DLC is that boring. In my opinion, it's just the characters that just bore me. I like the vehicles and the tracks because, they give more of a feel. But, Nintendo might have wanted to make the game stand out to people around the world and receive positive reviews and feedback. Then, of course, make more money due to releasing these DLC packs. If there was a time I got bored 'cause of the DLC, yes, I might play MKWii but, I can play other games like Smash or Mario 3D World. This might appeal to others if they want to do so. Also, and don't try to get or prove me wrong, Ninty is trying to make MK8 "the big stand-out" (similar to what I said above) than any other Mario Kart game including Mario Kart Wii. I honestly can say nothing more. I might be wrong if you respond back to this. :p

I know this thread is 5 years old, but coming back to the game all these years later just to give it another shot I think its pretty safe to say that the DLC was just some dumb cash grab attempt that added content that should have been in the game originally.

They lowkey should've had the DLC be part of MK8DX so that people wouldn't be so dissapointed in the fact that there are no new tracks (outside of battle mode.)

I think the better decision would have been to actually make a new mk game

It was fun for some time, then got boring

Back