• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Questions about MK8 (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mango Man

Green Shell
Premium forum user
4DR member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$7,879
FC
3055-4342-4228
NNID
Thomas_Go29
Switch FC
SW-7864-8035-0025
Clan
4DR
I decided to give MK8 (not deluxe) another go again today for fun and have two questions

1. If I purchase the DLC, will it only be available on my console or will it work on any console im logged in to with my NNID? (dum question but I like to make sure!)
  2. As I was playing on the gamepad (havent tested on just the TV yet) I experienced very frequent lag spikes on 100cc Grand Prix mode. Is this normal or is it my console reaching end of life?

According to this website: Nintendo Support: Wii U to Wii U System Transfer FAQ and Overview
It says that DLC is console specific, regardless of which account you use on it. This means that the only way to move DLC to a new Wii U is to perform a system transfer and to relink your NNID, once you do that you can redownload everything you had on your old Wii U. When you perform the system transfer your old Wii U gets formatted, meaning you cannot simply transfer 1 account to the new Wii U, it has to be everything on your old Wii U (calling customer support can help you work around this).

As for the lag spikes you might be too far away from the console, either that or your disc is scratched, maybe your Wii U is old and needs a good cleaning? Whatever the case may be let me know, because I respect anyone who still sticks to MK8 after all these years...

Ill give my WiiU a good look whenever I have the time.

Also Alex has read this thread and didnt respond!
s m h

...Whatever the case may be let me know, because I respect anyone who still sticks to MK8 after all these years...
I think a lot more people will jump back into MK8 when we get a full release of CTGP-U. There is a lot of promise with that mod, however progress is a bit slow. Also driving feels so much better in MK8 than in deluxe in my opinion, and fire hoping is so much fun 😂

If I were to start playing MK8 again, I wouldn't play on WiiU. I'd try playong on emulator because it'd feel a lot better.

I would actually love to play it again, but my WiiU is dying. Can't play without frequent lag spikes occuring

Back