• Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
Hi, everyone! I have some exciting (for the most part) changes for you guys that we have been working on.

First up is removal of allies.
So, why exactly are we getting rid of allies? To sum it up in a sentence, it's because people abuse the idea of being an "ally" to gain access to the Skype chat. People would ask to become an ally not because they're genuinely interested in becoming an ally, but because they're interested in being in the Skype chat because they had a good time there when they were a member (as most people asked to become an ally right after they quit the clan, conveniently), or whatever. Another super obvious reason is that 4DR isn't a competitive clan. We don't war (very rarely). So, when we ever do war, it's generally been planned out pretty well in advance, and we don't really need any allies. So allies pretty much play an unneeded role in 4DR. Due to this, we have removed them. If you're an ally, we will be removing you from the Skype chat soon after this thread is posted. Sorry. :(

Secondly, we are removing MK8 from this clan and becoming a Wiimmfi/MKW clan only.
The reason for this is because this clan isn't very interested in Mario Kart 8. This has shown in the general decline of our MK8 members over time. This clan isn't focused on being competitive, but mainly the social interaction. So, you're joining this clan to have fun. I don't know how you can have "fun" by never playing anyone in the clan for MK8 because of our lack of MK8 members. Additionally, Justin is our only leader for the MK8 side of things. So basically the incoming members for MK8 have to play when he plays. If they don't, then we don't really have any choice but to assume that the trial member is inactive on the game. It was proposed that we could add a dedicated MK8 co-leader to keep the ball rolling, but it was ultimately decided that we are going to drop MK8 from the clan. Sorry for those of you who wanted to join the clan for MK8. The catch to this though is that any EXISTING 4DR Member (whether Veteran, Regular, or Trial) is allowed to wear the 4DR tag still on MK8 (because we know that there are some people in 4DR that still play MK8 on a rather normal basis). However, these people just shouldn't expect any MK8 fun rooms, wars, playing with other people from the clan, etc... We will not be accepting any future MK8 members as of this time though. We won't be accepting any times to the 4DR MK8 TT Leaderboards, but we will probably keep them there and put a notice just for the sake of it (or if we ever decide to revive MK8). We will keep the MK8 sections of this forum as this forum serves as a general discussion forum for not just 4DR, but the greater Mario Kart community. So you're of course welcome to still have discussions about MK8; we just won't be supporting MK8 for the clan. If there is ever a mass interest in MK8 again, we will certainly add Mario Kart 8 back and with that, probably a dedicated MK8 co-leader, but as of right now-that's not the case. We hope you understand as this allows us to focus more on MKW.

Thirdly and surely the most exciting news... We are introducing Social Members to 4DR!
We wanted to officially announce allies being removed and Social Members being introduced at the same time (removing allies was a decision made quite a while ago). So what exactly are Social Members? As the name entails, Social Members are social. They are people who hang out on our forum/Discord a lot, but maybe aren't super active on Mario Kart Wii anymore or simply don't have the time to be in this clan as a regular member. This is where Social Members come in. Social Members can be in as many clans/communities as they want, and they can be as active on Mario Kart Wii as they want. Social Members aren't required to add the leaders/co-leaders, nor are leaders/co-leaders required to add the Social Members. They are technically in the clan and they are allowed to use the 4DR tag, but under certain and limited circumstances. Social Members are only allowed to wear the 4DR tag in fun/friend rooms (namely, the monthly fun rooms that Rachel hosts). However, they are not allowed to wear the 4DR tag anywhere else UNLESS they get permission from a leader/co-leader beforehand. Getting permission shouldn't be a common occurrence. Otherwise, they should consider becoming a regular member. What we're looking for in Social Members are the following:
  • EXTREMELY active on at least our forum (Discord is a bonus option). Since you're a Social Member, you're literally only based on your forum activity. So, if you're not active on the forum, you have absolutely a 0% chance of becoming a Social Member.
  • You need to be a recognized face. What we mean by this is that not many people in the clan should have to be like "who in the world is this person?". You can become a "recognized face" by posting around here more often, or you are most likely a recognized face if you were a past member of 4DR.
  • We also look at our amount of open spots for Social Members. Recently, we've added a limit to the amount of Social Members we can have at one time, and as of June 13th, 2018, it is six (6).
That's pretty much it (aside from the regular "don't be rude", "don't cause drama", etc... common sense rules). So I know a lot of people think this is awesome (yeah! Less requirements, I can be in as many clans as I want, etc...) But there is a catch before everyone decides to jump ship. There is NO place to apply, nor is there any place to ask, to become a Social Member. To become a Social Member, you must be invited by the leaders/co-leaders. If you try to ask, you will get rejected UNLESS you were invited beforehand. The leaders/co-leaders will keep an eye out for those who meet the requirements and personally invite you via Discord or PM on the forum. So please, don't ask, as you will get rejected. As of me writing this, we have a couple people in mind that we will be inviting soon. So, some more "technical" things about Social Members:
  • Social Members have non-glowing orange names and an orange "4DR Social Member" banner. I guess the color is a tad similar to Premium Members, but Premium Members have a glowing, more orange-yellow color. Ultimately, you'll be able to differentiate between the glowing vs non-glowing, and the banner.
  • Social Members have access to the 4DR Members section.
  • Social Members have access to the Discord server.
The original idea of adding Social Members to 4DR was suggested by Kirigaya, and we have made some of our own tweaks along the way.

That's pretty much it for now. All of these ideas have been tossed around by the leaders/co-leaders, and posted in the 4DR Member section for additional opinion over the last week or so with approval from everyone. We hope everyone enjoys these changes (for the most part) and please let us know what you think! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alicu and Quest

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
R.I.P. my trial :(
Did you read the entire post? There are people who have been viewing this thread longer and haven't finished reading, so I doubt you have. :p It's important to read the entire thread. :)

ontonowitsch

<span class="m">Big and purple!</span>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Clan
´4DR
  • Bronze Members
  • Ultimate Staff Conquerors
  • 3 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Staff Conquerors
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • 4DR Ex-Moderator Lightning Bolt
  • Helping Members
Can we have a preview of the orange-yellow color?

Last edited:

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
The message was so long i got to lazy to read it
Right, but I spent all that time to type it up. A little bit ignorant/rude if you don't take the time to read it; especially if you're even going to comment.

Reactions: Tim

Sniper

<span class="v">Dying inside.</span>
VIP Member
Premium Member
FC
0260-6367-8140
Switch FC
SW-4143-8367-7029
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Coin Collectors
  • DLC Collectors
  • Contest Winners
According to what you said to me on Skype, I guess I will become a social member for this clan. :p

Reactions: Azula

TaoaceyusTM

THE STOP SIGN IS AN OCTAGON!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
1337-0666-1337
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • VIP Members
Very interesting... Maybe because of social members FunRooms get more players :D

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
4DR :3
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • DLC Collectors
Well guys the reason why I can't get wimmifi cuz my pc broke since my Mac is laptop and wimmifi the website letterbomb looks fishy my Mum would get angry therefore I need my own pic and my Dad is being rediuclous not sending any money to my family so yeah :(

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • DLC Collectors
I would like to be a social member I will still be very active mk8 active on Fridays and Sunday's and Mkwii I still play the game

Zak

Doing them Tesco tills
Banned
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3742-6247-5261
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch FC
SW-6728-0895-4580
Clan
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • DLC Collectors
I wish I can play weekdays but my Mum said games effects my studies and I'm mature without electronics but immature with the,

Status
Not open for further replies.