• VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Early MK8 Purchasers
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Persistent Posters
  • DLC Collectors
Hello everyone! As some of you might have been anticipating, LUTI is over and we are ready to drop Splatoon from the clan. It's been a year now and I couldn't have imagined us making it this far in un-treaded waters, but we certainly did. Now of course, there were many road bumps in the way and not everything went exactly to plan. But that is to be expected when introducing a new game to a clan that has been geared towards Mario Kart for so many years and counting. Furthermore, the Splatoon scene was more or less developed when we arrived, so it was harder to situate ourselves among the bunch to obtain several competitive players and many more casual players. During this "Splatoon tenure" of mine, I can say that I wish I had done more to make certain things more worthwhile or possibly have explored more than I did, but what is done is done. I'm proud that we went out of our comfort zones and introduced Splatoon to 4DR, an entirely new series of games that might stick with 4DR later on down the road. Now, 4DR will consider looking at Splatoon 2 when the time comes, but I most likely won't be around so the only way it would happen is if someone really dedicated took hold and really built it up. So as of right now, don't expect anything from Splatoon 2 unless things change. Our success in LUTI in the first season we played was tremendous though - we made it all the way to the Grand Finals in our division! That is an accomplishment I will cherish and always remember. 4DR has had its time with Splatoon and it is time to put it to rest for the reasons aforementioned in this thread.

All clan-related Splatoon things (i.e. members, roles, etc.) will be removed. Those who play both MKW and Splat will be asked if they still want to be in the clan for MKW only. The forum sections pertaining to Splatoon will most likely remain. Keep in mind that the Splatoon members being removed can become social members if they meet the requirements and we invite them. Information will be removed subsequent to the posting of this thread.

Thank you to all Splatoon members and supporters who have been apart of our wonderful journey! It was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. I wish you guys the best in your future endeavors and I hope that 4DR was welcoming and enjoyable for you. This is Captain Cuttlefish, signing out. :)

Jonny

>☆♡☆ My World ☆♡☆<
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$255
FC
4472-7682-1316
NNID
YourSmellySocks
Switch FC
SW-4604-8159-9402
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
You did good, Captain. <8

Reactions: Justin

Jonny

>☆♡☆ My World ☆♡☆<
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$255
FC
4472-7682-1316
NNID
YourSmellySocks
Switch FC
SW-4604-8159-9402
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Bronze Members
  • Deleted by Jonny
  • Reason: Double post

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$2,175
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
While I'm sad to see Splatoon being removed, I like to look at the positive side of things. Like you said, I think that we accomplished a ton during a year on Splatoon and everyone (including yourself Justin) did a great job, so that's something to be proud of if nothing else. Thank you to all of the Splatoon Members who made Splatoon for 4DR happen- you won't be forgotten! It's important to remember that just because Splatoon is gone from 4DR for now doesn't mean that we won't look at Splatoon 2 or other games in the Splatoon series for the future. You never know what the future may hold, so don't lose hope if you're someone who wanted or wants to see Splatoon in 4DR! :)

Reactions: Justin

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$4,008
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Salutations
  • Helping Members
Looking back, even if Splatoon wasn't the biggest thing for 4DR, it did happen to be a thing for 4DR. I'm glad everyone supported Splatoon for 4DR! It was awesome to see 4DR in the LUTI and I'm proud that it made into the Grand Finals! Thanks to everyone that supported the Splatoon side of 4DR. It required a lot of effort and dedication for this to happen and I'm glad it was a thing! So my biggest compliments to everyone! :D I really hope Splatoon 2 will be a thing for 4DR! It will be awesome to see how it will go. Looking forward to it! :D

Reactions: Justin and Azula

Justin

<b><font color="red">Splatoon Freak</font></b>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$1,272
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
  • 5 Year Membership
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • S+ 99 Achievement
  • 2 Year Membership
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Early MK8 Purchasers
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Persistent Posters
  • DLC Collectors
Thank you all. I must say I am pleased with the people who were dedicated to this effort for a long time. It was certainly a joy to be apart of. There definitely will be consideration of Splatoon 2 in the future if there is enough interest for it. Everyone who contributed, I'm very thankful for that. :)

Reactions: Jonny and Azula