1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse Racism

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions and Debates' started by Joseph, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    Our history classes have taught us that supposedly white people all through out time have been racists, but popular YouTube prankster Joey Salads uploaded a video today that shows that racism being one sided by whites toward blacks might not be so true. It might be fake, because a lot of pranks are, but he has a track record for doing legit pranks.

Just wanted to add, I don't have a racist nerve in my body. While the majority are white, one of my best friends I've ever known actually is black.

So yeah, post your thoughts below, do you think that some, if not the majority of black peoples are racist against white people? Or is it just a coincidence that they would all let the black person use the phone, but not the white one (Joey Salads)?

2. amaya

amaya ♥ 6 Years ♥ Staff Member 4DR Leader VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member Contest Designer

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $1,787
    FC:
    1808-0739-4570
    NNID:
    SonicPro
    Switch FC:
    SW-1469-9895-1872
    Clan:
    4DR
    It is entirely possible. I mean, if I were being treated unfairly in the past because of my color, I would be sure to return the favor. This doesn't make every black person racist, but if I were in that position where a person of my race was treated unfairly in the past, then I think I should return the favor. Eye for an eye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,620
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Probably because they antagonize the whites. They are already wary of the whites, so sometimes they return the favor, or they don't really like them at all. Sometimes, it may also be because that person doesn't belong(skin color).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    Right? It's like "I'm soooo sorry for being white. " They think just because someone is born white that means whites have some sort of privilege over them lol So that's essentially racist in of itself, yet if you try to say otherwise it's supposedly hate speech and you showing you're a racist white person xD

5. Plex

Plex Magikruiser Squad VIP Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    I think it's kind of deserved by white people. People with the black color of skin shouldn't have a problem being racist to people with the white color of skin. I am taking about things like slavery and just racism in general.

6. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    You heard it here first folks, it's official. IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

7. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    @HEDGEHEG But in all seriousness I know that it always hasn't been easy for black people, certainly, but I don't think that is any excuse to have hate towards white people. You basically said it's ok for black people to be racist. Especially when our generation is as accepting as it is it really is just pretty stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    So you are saying that black people should just let the fact that white people are still racist go?

9. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    How cute, hitting that disagree button.

To answer you're question, no, but that would be if it were true. Whether you want to admit it or not MOST people today in our culture are not racist towards anyone at all and its people like you that are mentally stuck in the 1850s when we had slavery that are perpetuating a race war to divide us rather than unify us. The only people I've ever met that were racist were old white southerners in Georgia.

10. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    Do you have a problem with me disagreeing?

Well, you haven't seen much people, then. My mind isn't stuck in the 1850s, and don't use the term "people like you" on me.

11. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    I don't have a problem with you disagreeing in general, what I do have a problem with is viewpoints that even in the crazy side of my mind I can't comprehend and I like to talk with these people to see it from their point of view to see if it then makes sense to me or not. That's what you do in a debate. What is wrong with that?

12. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    I am not saying anything is wrong with that. You can't comprehend those things because you don't try, even if it seems like you do.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To get back on topic I just don't see what's logical just say that one race is racist even to this day against the other, and the other race has never been racist, and if they were it would be justified. If you want to continue please try to convince me why it's ok for a black person to be a racist. At this point I'm not trying to argue I just genuinely don't understand where you're coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    Ehh anonymous damn it

15. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    After all the years of slavery and just general racism, I think that black people should have the rights to be racist. That's being hypocritical, saying that you shouldn't be racist and then being racist towards black people. As I said, that's my opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    Who's being hypocritical and racist here again? Who are you talking about?

17. Wolf

Wolf Triple Red Shells VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $27,555
    Clan:
    4DR
    Racism is another form of hurtful stereotyping, basically. It's like saying all catholics are stupid because they believe in God. People are racist when they don't like someone and it's easy to associate a skin color or whatever characteristic there is to back up their reasoning for insulting that person. So yeah black people can be racist; asian people can; like anyone really. The black people in America specifically are probably just returning the favor to racist white people.

• Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    No one here. Some white people.

19. Joseph

Joseph Triple Bananas

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $2,074
    @HEDGEHEG I guess they should be allowed to hate our PRIOR racist history, but pretty much everyone should. I don't agree that it's ok TODAY to hate white people living TODAY not in the PAST.

Caps'd some of the words to make my stance more clear, I guess we just don't see eye to eye on this. I think your opinion is shitty but I respect your right to have it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Plex

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $3,473
    FC:
    1380-3908-7426
    NNID:
    Landrdubr
    "I think your opinion is sh***y..." I don't think that's how you do debates.