• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Some advice (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Viper

Supreme rapper of 4DR.
Premium forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$229
FC
2067-5856-9164
Clan
4DR
Hey y'all, so I'm thinking of buying a Switch within the next month since I've suddenly found myself in a place of immense wealth (I sold shit on eBay). Is it worth it to buy it now, or should I hold off until MK9? I want to keep the Wii U and MK8 as well, so if that'll be sufficient until MK9 I'd rather hold off.

You're asking the impossible right now.
There are no announcements or anything regarding Nintendo creating a MK9 at all, they just released MK8DX, so i'm pretty sure MK9 will take either some more years or will be on the next console.
If you're really just waiting for MK9, then just wait with buying it.

There is, like Windows, no "9th" version of MK, imo.
I think, they (Nintendo) even wait 2-4 years for releasing a new Mario Kart release since MK8D is already out.
If you also care for the switch, not only the game, you could buy it, if one of the other games please you.

If your just getting it for MK8DX/MK9 then it's probably not worth it, since MK9 or whatever it's called, probably won't be released for a few years. If there's any other games for the switch that you want to pick up (Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2 e.c.t) then I think the switch would definitely be worth it! Hope this helped :)

I got my Switch when MK8DX wasn't released, when I saw Zelda Breath of the Wild I was very hyped to get both the console and the game. If you only want to get MK8DX then getting the Switch is an expensive option for you. It all depends how you feel about the game's release, if you're hyped as I were for Zelda Breath of the Wild (but in your case MK8DX), I would buy it. But keep in mind that MK8DX looks (almost) the same (except for me and it has more characters and stuff so it doesn't get me excited that much). There are different games you can get for your Switch and/or Wii U, I saw games that will be released for the Switch in the future so that was my reason as to why I wanted the console. But it all depends what you like. Take your time to think about it, but once again, I would definitely get the Switch if you're going for MK8DX and if you want more games for the Switch. :p

Back