Submit Your Videos to Our YouTube Channel!

amaya

The True King
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Active Forum Member
Contest Designer
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Addicted to Racing
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
Hello everyone!

So a big suggestion that we've had for a while now is for our clan YouTube channel to be more active by allowing people to submit their content to the channel. We think this is an amazing idea and we are super excited to announce that we're now allowing people to submit their content to the channel. :) The reason it has taken us so long to implement this idea is because we were discussing the requirements, how people should submit their content to us, etc... But now we have finished discussing everything and we are really excited to start focusing on growing our YouTube channel in 2016. A lot of you have offered to upload your content to our clan channel, and for that we thank you very much. I think that this will honestly be a rewarding experience for all. The reason I say this is because as we upload content, obviously our channel will only get more and more popular. This obviously means good things for the clan, and it also means good things for people who upload content (because we will give you credit for videos. More on this later though). So we are super excited for this. With all that being said, let's get onto the requirements/what isn't necessary of uploading a video to the channel:
  • First and foremost, we'd like to see good quality. Sorry, but we don't really want to see fuzzy videos uploaded to our channel. So this obviously means that people who have a capture card are free to submit videos to our channel. However, you don't have to have a capture card. If you record with a camera or whatever else and it still looks good, you can upload your content too. But people who have crappy quality where you can barely see anything in the video, we unfortunately can't accept your videos being uploaded to the channel.
  • The video must relate to 4DR in some way. So basically, there has to be a 4DR Member in the video somewhere in order for it to be acceptable to upload to the channel. While we want to help you promote your channel, this isn't "oh wow look at this video of my cat and he was so cute. I want to submit it!". So you can record videos of 4DR WWs, 4DR Frooms, or even just yourself playing if you're in the clan. The point is, there needs to be 4DR Members somewhere in the video in order for it to be relevant to the channel. And honestly, if you have an hour long video and there are 4DR Members in the video for just three minutes of that time, please don't submit the entire video. Instead, cut it down to the relevant part(s) (in this case, the three minutes where 4DR Members are in the video). Also, anyone can submit a video. You do not have to be in the clan (or even registered on this forum) in order to submit a video. All that matter is that 4DR Members are in the video in some form.
  • Please do not submit videos that will get the channel in trouble in any way. For example, don't use Taylor Swift's latest copyrighted single in your video. That's just annoying, so don't even bother. Most trance/nightcore/dubstep/etc... That most people in the MKW community seem to enjoy are fine choices in your video. A lot of music that people like can be found at this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoCopyrightSounds And hence the name of the channel, it is copyright free so you are allowed to use it. You can use music from there, add captions; whatever style you would like for the video.
Those are really the only requirements/things to keep in mind when wanting to submit your content to the channel. So how do you submit your video? You submit it through MediaFire. Go to this link: MediaFire and select the video file from your computer. When you upload a file there, you will be prompted to add a description. This is where we would like you to give us your YouTube channel URL, as we will be giving you credit for uploading content to the channel of course. You may also add any other notes or what you want the video description to be. If the description isn't filled in, then you won't get credit because we won't know what your YouTube channel URL is. Even if you think it is obvious, still link it for us. The final thing I have to say is just to be patient when it comes to your content being uploaded. There's a lot of things for us to do, so please don't get impatient because your video isn't uploaded on the same day (or even a day or so after) you submitted it. Thanks guys and please let us know if you have any questions about this! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • 4DR Ex-Co-Leader Blue Shell
  • 2 Year Membership
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • Bronze Members
  • VIP Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Premium Members
This is a good idea. I gave the amazing idea of the suggestion of the videos. :p

TaoaceyusTM

THE STOP SIGN IS AN OCTAGON!
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
FC
1337-0666-1337
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • VIP Members
Nice idea XD do you wish 720p HD or 1080p HD? Or even 2K/4K? XD

DarkPro

Take a walk on the wild side
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • Staff Conquerors
I'll be sure to use this. :D

SwtSkitty

<font color="red">6/26/16 ~❤</font>
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
NNID
GameSaved
Clan
Unbroken
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Helping Members
  • Merchandise Holders
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Premium Members
  • Contest Winners
Can we still submit time trial videos?

amaya

The True King
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Active Forum Member
Contest Designer
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Veteran Members
  • Contest Designers
  • 5 Year Membership
  • Addicted to Racing
  • 4 Year Membership
  • 4DR Leaders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • Splatoon Assassins
  • VIP Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Helping Members
  • Premium Members
Yes, and you can also now submit other videos relating to 4DR, hence this announcement.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
  • 4DR Ex-Leader Bill
  • 4 Year Membership
  • Helpful Threads
  • Forum Assistants
  • Addicted to Racing
  • Merchandise Holders
  • 50K Swag Bucks
  • VIP Members
  • Premium Members
  • Bronze Members
  • Contest Winners
  • Helping Members
To be clear, don't submit TT videos to this link. I know that the places where you submit both TT and now your own content are both on the same website (MediaFire) and have similar links, but they are different. If you want to submit a TT video, use the link from the thread in the member section. If you want to submit content aside from TTs, then submit it to the link above. I think it's also interesting because that poses the question "can we submit time trial videos to this link now, even if we don't have the 4DR record?". And in my opinion, I think it's fine. So yeah, TT record; submit it to the other link. Anything else, submit it here. I think that was good to clarify, so thanks for asking. :)

Seiren

Triple Bananas
FC
0731-6043-6174
NNID
EC2.Seiren
Clan
EC2,4DR
This sounds amazing, could also be focused on other games like Mario Kart 7, 8 or Deluxe.

zeyh

Fake Item Box
4DR Member
FC
4000-3232-7906
Hello everyone!

So a big suggestion that we've had for a while now is for our clan YouTube channel to be more active by allowing people to submit their content to the channel. We think this is an amazing idea and we are super excited to announce that we're now allowing people to submit their content to the channel. :) The reason it has taken us so long to implement this idea is because we were discussing the requirements, how people should submit their content to us, etc... But now we have finished discussing everything and we are really excited to start focusing on growing our YouTube channel in 2016. A lot of you have offered to upload your content to our clan channel, and for that we thank you very much. I think that this will honestly be a rewarding experience for all. The reason I say this is because as we upload content, obviously our channel will only get more and more popular. This obviously means good things for the clan, and it also means good things for people who upload content (because we will give you credit for videos. More on this later though). So we are super excited for this. With all that being said, let's get onto the requirements/what isn't necessary of uploading a video to the channel:
  • First and foremost, we'd like to see good quality. Sorry, but we don't really want to see fuzzy videos uploaded to our channel. So this obviously means that people who have a capture card are free to submit videos to our channel. However, you don't have to have a capture card. If you record with a camera or whatever else and it still looks good, you can upload your content too. But people who have crappy quality where you can barely see anything in the video, we unfortunately can't accept your videos being uploaded to the channel.
  • The video must relate to 4DR in some way. So basically, there has to be a 4DR Member in the video somewhere in order for it to be acceptable to upload to the channel. While we want to help you promote your channel, this isn't "oh wow look at this video of my cat and he was so cute. I want to submit it!". So you can record videos of 4DR WWs, 4DR Frooms, or even just yourself playing if you're in the clan. The point is, there needs to be 4DR Members somewhere in the video in order for it to be relevant to the channel. And honestly, if you have an hour long video and there are 4DR Members in the video for just three minutes of that time, please don't submit the entire video. Instead, cut it down to the relevant part(s) (in this case, the three minutes where 4DR Members are in the video). Also, anyone can submit a video. You do not have to be in the clan (or even registered on this forum) in order to submit a video. All that matter is that 4DR Members are in the video in some form.
  • Please do not submit videos that will get the channel in trouble in any way. For example, don't use Taylor Swift's latest copyrighted single in your video. That's just annoying, so don't even bother. Most trance/nightcore/dubstep/etc... That most people in the MKW community seem to enjoy are fine choices in your video. A lot of music that people like can be found at this channel: NoCopyrightSounds And hence the name of the channel, it is copyright free so you are allowed to use it. You can use music from there, add captions; whatever style you would like for the video.
Those are really the only requirements/things to keep in mind when wanting to submit your content to the channel. So how do you submit your video? You submit it through MediaFire. Go to this link: MediaFire and select the video file from your computer. When you upload a file there, you will be prompted to add a description. This is where we would like you to give us your YouTube channel URL, as we will be giving you credit for uploading content to the channel of course. You may also add any other notes or what you want the video description to be. If the description isn't filled in, then you won't get credit because we won't know what your YouTube channel URL is. Even if you think it is obvious, still link it for us. The final thing I have to say is just to be patient when it comes to your content being uploaded. There's a lot of things for us to do, so please don't get impatient because your video isn't uploaded on the same day (or even a day or so after) you submitted it. Thanks guys and please let us know if you have any questions about this! :)
i submitted one :)

hari

'o' - Hari 2018
Bronze Member
FC
5117-0143-6379
NNID
itzHari
Clan
4DR
  • Bronze Members
monthly froom vid when