Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,551
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
I signed my lease in the beginning of 2020 and moved into my first apartment, which, I guess you could say is a pretty big accomplishment, right? Things have been pretty cool, and I’m really enjoying it here, I live in the metropolitan area now, as opposed to my crappy hometown, though there’s only one real issue that I have in regards to where I am now, and that being my neighbors.

Probably silly to say, given that I've never even met them, but at this point, I'm not even willing to lol. My primary issue with them right now is that they play obnoxious music literally every *single* day, on a daily basis, and it's constantly piercing my walls, especially during evening hours. Now, on most evening hours, I'm not trying to sleep, but as I'm typing this thread, I was actually attempting to, and bam, there it goes. Loud and clear as usual. I'm a rare breed of a black guy that absolutely despises rap music (PERSONALLY, and I cannot stress this enough), because in the era of 2015-2020, it's mostly trash.That's just MY opinion, feel free to disagree. I'll admit, I've gone to the front office and complained about this at least 3 times or so, so yes I'm a snitch. Don't care lmao. It'd be nice to at least go a week without having this trash playing directly through my wall on a daily basis, because 1. It's too loud. It's probably medium-loud, but I can hear it clearly through my wall, and that I dont like, and 2. Most of what they play is trash. Believe me, I'm literally hearing it all the time. Though I don't believe there's a realistic solution to this, because it is an apartment complext, right? Is this really a common problem that most people run into? I'd hope not, but... yeah. I'm interested in hearing how others would hypothetically deal with a scenario like this, especially those with active leases. Let me know, I'd really want to hear opinions!

And with that, good god, I'm back to my attempts of sleeping again, despite this bullshit next door

P.S.: If I remember correctly, I DO have neighbors to the left. Love them, because I don't even believe they exist sometimes. That's how not-loud they are!

amaya

Cross this new divide
Staff Member
Head Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
Contest Designer
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,669
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
As someone who currently lives in an apartment complex (and has for almost 3 years now), music being played shouldn't really pierce through walls of the other units, unless it is EXTREMELY loud. I've had neighbors who would play music pretty frequently on the weekends, but it wouldn't be loud enough for me to hear in my own unit next door. I'd only really hear it if I stepped outside to do laundry (which I personally don't mind).

If you're hearing their music from inside your unit, then that's obviously a problem as that is not something you should deal with on a daily basis. The likely issues are that the music being played is at near max volume, the walls are poorly designed or too thin, or both. I would continue to try to discuss this with your landlord and see if they can find a solution for it, because there should be something on their lease contract that should prevent them from disturbing the other tenants.

OP
Frost

Frost

Professional Thundercloud Magnet
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,551
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
See, I figured I was being too considerate; too generous. Not sure why the hell I’m still that way. Though I will say that I’m having issues communicating this issue to the front office. Cue being surprised, but after my fourth or so complaint, they suggested that I at least meet them, “get to know your neighbors”, etc, without addressing the issue directly. Not sure why they did that!? My mom was probably just as confused as I was on that one, and we were both unanimous on a “hell no” for sure. I’ll scan the hell out of my lease when I get home, because for sure this isn’t acceptable, and even THEY said, if you’re able to hear it from outside, it’s too loud. Hopefully something gets figured out, and I’m just not making more useless trips to the office.

OP
Frost

Frost

VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,551
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
So recently, this has escalated to a severity point to where I had to write this thread out, and to a point where I did notify the office about it, and they, quote-unquote, said they would get to the bottom of it. I had to follow up *twice* on the same day, however, when the noise actually started during daytime hours, and had to lure the leasing consultant out to the area (I literally watched her from the window as their dog almost terrorizes her), and the problem was solved.... for maybe 48 hours.

Are we really going to keep reverting back to square one on this? Because, seriously.My next complaint will probably be the sixth one.

4DR Thomas

Green Shell
4DR Member
Active Forum Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$4,837
FC
3055-4342-4228
NNID
Thomas_Go29
Switch FC
SW-7864-8035-0025
Clan
4DR
You might want to just go talk to your neighbors about it. They're probably less likely to keep playing loud music if they know the guy next to them will be at their door.

OP
Frost

Frost

VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
Awards
4DR Swag Bucks
$5,551
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
You might want to just go talk to your neighbors about it. They're probably less likely to keep playing loud music if they know the guy next to them will be at their door.
The reason I’m not a fan of this idea is because people nowadays are notorious for not being considerate. And even with them, I don’t want having beef with anyone, especially if I have to live right next to them. I’m willing to say the chances of troubles uprising if I mention anything to them directly are much higher than anything being settled in one motion, and that’s just a risk I’m not willing to take.

COVID-19 is good example. People are literally given a simple solution to stay home and not spread the virus. And stupid Americans (there’s a stupid everyone, but we’re significantly worse here) are being rude as hell in persistent protesting in the streets that aren’t even necessary.