• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Tell me this... (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lycan

Retro Gamer
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$16,477
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
I signed my lease in the beginning of 2020 and moved into my first apartment, which, I guess you could say is a pretty big accomplishment, right? Things have been pretty cool, and I’m really enjoying it here, I live in the metropolitan area now, as opposed to my crappy hometown, though there’s only one real issue that I have in regards to where I am now, and that being my neighbors.

Probably silly to say, given that I've never even met them, but at this point, I'm not even willing to lol. My primary issue with them right now is that they play obnoxious music literally every *single* day, on a daily basis, and it's constantly piercing my walls, especially during evening hours. Now, on most evening hours, I'm not trying to sleep, but as I'm typing this thread, I was actually attempting to, and bam, there it goes. Loud and clear as usual. I'm a rare breed of a black guy that absolutely despises rap music (PERSONALLY, and I cannot stress this enough), because in the era of 2015-2020, it's mostly trash.That's just MY opinion, feel free to disagree. I'll admit, I've gone to the front office and complained about this at least 3 times or so, so yes I'm a snitch. Don't care lmao. It'd be nice to at least go a week without having this trash playing directly through my wall on a daily basis, because 1. It's too loud. It's probably medium-loud, but I can hear it clearly through my wall, and that I dont like, and 2. Most of what they play is trash. Believe me, I'm literally hearing it all the time. Though I don't believe there's a realistic solution to this, because it is an apartment complext, right? Is this really a common problem that most people run into? I'd hope not, but... yeah. I'm interested in hearing how others would hypothetically deal with a scenario like this, especially those with active leases. Let me know, I'd really want to hear opinions!

And with that, good god, I'm back to my attempts of sleeping again, despite this bullshit next door

P.S.: If I remember correctly, I DO have neighbors to the left. Love them, because I don't even believe they exist sometimes. That's how not-loud they are!

As someone who currently lives in an apartment complex (and has for almost 3 years now), music being played shouldn't really pierce through walls of the other units, unless it is EXTREMELY loud. I've had neighbors who would play music pretty frequently on the weekends, but it wouldn't be loud enough for me to hear in my own unit next door. I'd only really hear it if I stepped outside to do laundry (which I personally don't mind).

If you're hearing their music from inside your unit, then that's obviously a problem as that is not something you should deal with on a daily basis. The likely issues are that the music being played is at near max volume, the walls are poorly designed or too thin, or both. I would continue to try to discuss this with your landlord and see if they can find a solution for it, because there should be something on their lease contract that should prevent them from disturbing the other tenants.

See, I figured I was being too considerate; too generous. Not sure why the hell I’m still that way. Though I will say that I’m having issues communicating this issue to the front office. Cue being surprised, but after my fourth or so complaint, they suggested that I at least meet them, “get to know your neighbors”, etc, without addressing the issue directly. Not sure why they did that!? My mom was probably just as confused as I was on that one, and we were both unanimous on a “hell no” for sure. I’ll scan the hell out of my lease when I get home, because for sure this isn’t acceptable, and even THEY said, if you’re able to hear it from outside, it’s too loud. Hopefully something gets figured out, and I’m just not making more useless trips to the office.

So recently, this has escalated to a severity point to where I had to write this thread out, and to a point where I did notify the office about it, and they, quote-unquote, said they would get to the bottom of it. I had to follow up *twice* on the same day, however, when the noise actually started during daytime hours, and had to lure the leasing consultant out to the area (I literally watched her from the window as their dog almost terrorizes her), and the problem was solved.... for maybe 48 hours.

Are we really going to keep reverting back to square one on this? Because, seriously.My next complaint will probably be the sixth one.

You might want to just go talk to your neighbors about it. They're probably less likely to keep playing loud music if they know the guy next to them will be at their door.

You might want to just go talk to your neighbors about it. They're probably less likely to keep playing loud music if they know the guy next to them will be at their door.
The reason I’m not a fan of this idea is because people nowadays are notorious for not being considerate. And even with them, I don’t want having beef with anyone, especially if I have to live right next to them. I’m willing to say the chances of troubles uprising if I mention anything to them directly are much higher than anything being settled in one motion, and that’s just a risk I’m not willing to take.

COVID-19 is good example. People are literally given a simple solution to stay home and not spread the virus. And stupid Americans (there’s a stupid everyone, but we’re significantly worse here) are being rude as hell in persistent protesting in the streets that aren’t even necessary.

Amazingly, we're STILL dealing with this issue, and I've barely resolved another one with the same people (leaving their annoying ass dog that I wanted to curbstomp on numerous occasions, because they would just leave it out there and it would bark at literally anything. continuously.

And now getting rid of that, we're right back at this stupid music issue. I was almost close to confronting them myself, which someone suggested above, but I eventually reminded myself this was a bad idea. Apparently I'm going to have to make this crystal clear once again, because CLEARLY we're still using some sort of external superpowered fucking audio device.

Edit 1: Why have I spent literally half of my lease reporting the same people over and over again?

...Oh, by the way.. I'm supposed to be sleeping right now.

Last edited:
And now getting rid of that, we're right back at this stupid music issue. I was almost close to confronting them myself, which someone suggested above, but I eventually reminded myself this was a bad idea. Apparently I'm going to have to make this crystal clear once again, because CLEARLY we're still using some sort of external superpowered fucking audio device.
Grab a speaker and blast bible verses at them at max volume.

Edit: In all seriousness though, I do think you should just kindly ask them to stop.

Last edited:
Morning. Was hoping (again) that this was a resolved issue, but apparently not. And the reason why actually turns out to be funny:
Coming back from the leasing office, I was asked if I was sure about the unit that was spawning these problems (obviously I am), and the story that comes back, basically is them saying "it isn't me." Ain't this some shit basically. That, right there, says a LOT about what they could *potentially* say if I were to approach them directly myself.

I've just been woken up (FROM AN EXTENDED NAP, as today was my last day of work for the week, can't emphasize how much I need the rest now) literally as soon as it began. And let it be reminded, the only reason why I don't talk to them directly, they radiate "ghetto as hell" vibes that would likely cause more issues than anything.

Edit: This is like 24-48 hours directly after complaint btw.

At this rate, I'm better off relocating to Saline county next year. If this isn't resolved by August or September, I'm definitely not renewing my lease. No point if my neighbours plan on sounding like "House Party" constantly for however long they plan to stay.

- My latest complaint was one of my most effective and descriptive ones. Specified that they were annoyingly using an external audio device. Literally had to make a comparison with the THX sound effect. *AND* I specified that I've spent 6 months of my 12 month lease complaining about the *same thing*. How is this not resolved yet?
- I was asked to verify the source, which I did, yet the same people are just deflecting with "It's not them".
- This is 5 to 7 months complaining about the same thing. Worth renewing my lease over? Probably not. If I can afford to relocate, I'm definitely considering.

Last edited:
Could you try sueing them for nuisance? I mean if it's going on for that long with no remedy then maybe moving might be the best case scenario

I’ve just spoken with the leasing office (again) and there’s a potential that they might not have even talked to them yet. Sigh. Right now, it’s just a matter of catching them, I suppose. They’ll try to swing by today around 6pm local time (when it usually happens) and hopefully they find something.

Could you try sueing them for nuisance? I mean if it's going on for that long with no remedy then maybe moving might be the best case scenario
Don’t think it’s worth it.

I guess my idea would be if you had hard evidence, for example, a video of the loud music and show them.

The amount of times I've had to address this (with the problem still recurring) is beyond ridiculous at this point. so I'm just moving out at the end of the year. Don't care anymore, since proper action was never taken.

Back