• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

The Big Bang theory vs the creation by God. (1 viewer)

Which do you believe more?

• Big Bang

• Creation story.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think this thread can now be put to rest? I wanna be able to keep my friends thank you very much.

Nobody is currently debating with you, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Neither am I tbh. I guess I'm thinking it's going to start again if we keep it open.

Anyone up for a good ol’ debate?

Clearly created by a higher power, not necessarily God, although I am Christian

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but Big Bang V.S. Creation is possibly the dumbest debate I've ever heard of. Neither are right. It is because they are so inherently different in nature that they are almost uncomparable.

CREATION
Creation is a story believed by many, causing many different branches of itself to be born. Why do people believe it? Well, they have faith. Faith that it's real, which means that technically speaking, as long as they have faith in it, it can't be disproved.

THE BIG BANG THEORY
The Big Bang Theory is possibly the most misunderstood theory of all time, but that's not what we're talking about, is it? TBBT is based off of facts born from detecting redshift within galaxy reach and certain collections of low energy/high energy areas left over from when the TBB actually happened. This entire THEORY is based off the only evidence we have, which makes this a fact based belief.

CONCLUSION
Because they're so wildly different, neither one is correct. If you only believe in facts, you'll take the current Big Bang evidence and make that what you believe in. Or, alternatively, you can have faith that a God exists and he created the Earth. That's all there is to it.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but Big Bang V.S. Creation is possibly the dumbest debate I've ever heard of. Neither are right. It is because they are so inherently different in nature that they are almost uncomparable.

CREATION
Creation is a story believed by many, causing many different branches of itself to be born. Why do people believe it? Well, they have faith. Faith that it's real, which means that technically speaking, as long as they have faith in it, it can't be disproved.

THE BIG BANG THEORY
The Big Bang Theory is possibly the most misunderstood theory of all time, but that's not what we're talking about, is it? TBBT is based off of facts born from detecting redshift within galaxy reach and certain collections of low energy/high energy areas left over from when the TBB actually happened. This entire THEORY is based off the only evidence we have, which makes this a fact based belief.

CONCLUSION
Because they're so wildly different, neither one is correct. If you only believe in facts, you'll take the current Big Bang evidence and make that what you believe in. Or, alternatively, you can have faith that a God exists and he created the Earth. That's all there is to it.
I have no words, other than this is some serious theology. Also, good to see you back @Plex

Plex

Red Shell
VIP forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$506
FC
1380-3908-7426
NNID
Landrdubr
  • Deleted by Plex
  • Reason: Double post

CREATION

THE BIG BANG THEORY

CONCLUSION
So what? Just because they are different, does not mean neither are true. If I have to guess someone’s name, for example, and am presented with two possible options, does not mean neither option is false, even if one is drastically different from the other. The reason for the drastic difference between Creation “theory” (I use quotation marks because Creation is not and has never been a theory, meaning it is not and has never been observed, tested, and supported by peer-reviewed evidence. As a result, considering Creation to be a valid explanation of how the Universe came to be is an odd choice.) and The Big Bang Theory is that Creation is based on a very old book, which has been time and time again observed to be largely false in terms of how it perceives reality, and science, and The Big Bang Theory is based on countless years of research, studies, experiments, observations, tests, and peer-reviewed evidence. Also, if we take into consideration the last three sentences of your conclusion, which are “If you only believe in facts, you'll take the current Big Bang evidence and make that what you believe in. Or, alternatively, you can have faith that a God exists and he created the Earth. That's all there is to it.”, then that means you pretty much admit that having faith in a God is distanced from facts, thus distanced from reality, thus having no value in the real world. So, if something is distanced from facts, why pass it off as real?

I have no words, other than this is some serious theology. Also, good to see you back @Plex
The fact that Crystal is using theology to try and prove a point is doing nothing but discrediting that point. Theology has never been observed to have any value in reality, besides people trying to bend their rules of theology whenever it is convenient for their argument.

Last edited:
Just like I've stated before, both sides have insufficient evidence to prove whether or not both of them are 100% solid answers, so I stand in the middle. The Big Bang Theory may have a decent amount of "evidence" to back it up, but it's still just a theory. Just because the universe is expanding at a singular point, doesn't make it completely obvious that it started with an explosion that created the universe. We have absolutely no way of knowing for sure since it (supposedly) happened so long ago. And the creation story in my opinion is still propaganda to me. It may be "well documented", but you never met whoever made that story, or were there for the events that transpired. Nobody that's living now will EVER have "witnessed" this phenomenon. They just get told the story by some author who could quite easily be making it up just to promote Christianity and somehow "prove" there's a God, but the fact that there's insufficient evidence to support it still leads to several questions. And it's the exact same story with the Big Bang Theory, there's no solid evidence to prove that the Big Bang caused everything to magically start being created.

it's still just a theory
Oregon State University -
“The term "theory" means a very different thing when used in everyday conversation and in science. In our day to day speech, we often use "theory" to mean a guess or unsubstantiated idea about how something works (as in "I have a theory that gremlins are hiding my car keys").

In science, we would call such a guess a hypothesis, not a theory. A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observation. In this case, I am proposing that the explanation for why I can't find my car keys is that gremlins are hiding them.*

The distinction between the words "Theory" and "Hypothesis" is very important because in science "Theory" does not mean "guess". I repeat, "Theory" does not mean "guess".

So, what does the word "theory" mean in science?
According to the National Academies of Sciences, "some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

People who don't understand this distinction sometimes dismiss ideas saying "it's just a theory" (this is very commonly used to suggest that evolution is just speculation, for example). But, when scientists speak of the theory of gravity or the theory of evolution, they don't mean that these are random untested ideas that someone came up with after too many beers.

The AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science), the world's largest scientific society, has this explanation of what scientists mean when they use the word "theory":
"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."”

So what? Just because they are different, does not mean neither are true. If I have to guess someone’s name, for example, and am presented with two possible options, does not mean neither option is false, even if one is drastically different from the other. The reason for the drastic difference between Creation “theory” (I use quotation marks because Creation is not and has never been a theory, meaning it is not and has never been observed, tested, and supported by peer-reviewed evidence. As a result, considering Creation to be a valid explanation of how the Universe came to be is an odd choice.) and The Big Bang Theory is that Creation is based on a very old book, which has been time and time again observed to be largely false in terms of how it perceives reality, and science, and The Big Bang Theory is based on countless years of research, studies, experiments, observations, tests, and peer-reviewed evidence. Also, if we take into consideration the last three sentences of your conclusion, which are “If you only believe in facts, you'll take the current Big Bang evidence and make that what you believe in. Or, alternatively, you can have faith that a God exists and he created the Earth. That's all there is to it.”, then that means you pretty much admit that having faith in a God is distanced from facts, thus distanced from reality, thus having no value in the real world. So, if something is distanced from facts, why pass it off as real?

The fact that Crystal is using theology to try and prove a point is doing nothing but discrediting that point. Theology has never been observed to have any value in reality, besides people trying to bend their rules of theology whenever it is convenient for their argument.
Having faith in an old tradition is nothing new, and there are times that faith has beaten facts. Science is almost unprovable, there's a myth about "Hard Facts." Science has disproved itself many times: just look at the atomic model, which based on the current info they had throughout history has changed and changed. Nothing can ever be true because things are constantly disproven. Just because Creation has never been tested doesn't really mean anything. What if there is a God, and he's testing us? To see our FAITH to him. Just because something has countless years of research and observation poured into it doesn't mean that automatically makes it true. For the last sentence, even if it's so detached from reality, they still have faith that God is real, and it's possible they're right. Just because Bill Nye can roast some Creationists doesn't mean they're wrong, even if the entire foundation isn't built off facts. It's built off their faith and devotion to a God they believe is real.

Oregon State University -
“The term "theory" means a very different thing when used in everyday conversation and in science. In our day to day speech, we often use "theory" to mean a guess or unsubstantiated idea about how something works (as in "I have a theory that gremlins are hiding my car keys").

In science, we would call such a guess a hypothesis, not a theory. A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observation. In this case, I am proposing that the explanation for why I can't find my car keys is that gremlins are hiding them.*

The distinction between the words "Theory" and "Hypothesis" is very important because in science "Theory" does not mean "guess". I repeat, "Theory" does not mean "guess".

So, what does the word "theory" mean in science?
According to the National Academies of Sciences, "some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

People who don't understand this distinction sometimes dismiss ideas saying "it's just a theory" (this is very commonly used to suggest that evolution is just speculation, for example). But, when scientists speak of the theory of gravity or the theory of evolution, they don't mean that these are random untested ideas that someone came up with after too many beers.

The AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science), the world's largest scientific society, has this explanation of what scientists mean when they use the word "theory":
"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."”
If it's that sort of "theory" you speak of, then it's labeled wrong. There's not enough concrete evidence to make it 100% solid. Until it is 100% proven to exist, we can still deny it's existence. End of story.

Also, this backs up my counter to the Creation Story fairly well:

Having faith in an old tradition is nothing new, and there are times that faith has beaten facts. Science is almost unprovable, there's a myth about "Hard Facts." Science has disproved itself many times: just look at the atomic model, which based on the current info they had throughout history has changed and changed. Nothing can ever be true because things are constantly disproven. Just because Creation has never been tested doesn't really mean anything. What if there is a God, and he's testing us? To see our FAITH to him. Just because something has countless years of research and observation poured into it doesn't mean that automatically makes it true. For the last sentence, even if it's so detached from reality, they still have faith that God is real, and it's possible they're right. Just because Bill Nye can roast some Creationists doesn't mean they're wrong, even if the entire foundation isn't built off facts. It's built off their faith and devotion to a God they believe is real.
Frankly, that’s what’s science is. Constantly changing. Sure, there are things that, as I said in my previous post, aren’t likely to ever be altered, but science is all about coming up with new explanations for things. Science evolves, just like we do. If there’s a hypothesis or theory better suited to describe a phenomenon than a previous theory, the previous theory will be dismissed in favor of one that suits better. Also, your assertion that faith has beaten facts at times is logically wrong. Facts are the truth, and you can’t be more truthful than truth, right? How can you beat truth? You can’t. Faith is just that- faith. That’s why creationists can’t seem to provide scientifically valuable evidence for their stories. They only have faith in them. Also, I’m not saying that just because science has countless years of research behind it, means it’s automatically true. I’m saying scientific concepts have an extremely high concurrence with reality. We’ve been able to observe scientific concepts in the real world, and we’ve not been able to observe creationist concepts. Where did you get that Bill Nye thing from? Sure, Nye has debated creationists many times, and has won every time, but that’s what the point of a debate is.

Again, what you’re saying here is that just because people have faith in something means that something can exist. So, by that logic, isn’t it possible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster can exist? Some people believe in leprechauns, some people believe in even more bizarre things. That doesn’t make those things true, however.

If it's that sort of "theory" you speak of, then it's labeled wrong. There's not enough concrete evidence to make it 100% solid. Until it is 100% proven to exist, we can still deny it's existence. End of story.
What would you consider to be concrete evidence in this case? So far, the evidence we have for The Big Bang is infinitely better than the evidence we have (or, frankly, don’t have) of a god. Now, in fear of using the Black & White Fallacy, I won’t say that just because there is no evidence for a god’s existence that The Big Bang must have happened. That’s logically wrong. I accept that it’s possible there is another explanation for how the Universe came to be, as does science. As I said, science evolves, and its understanding of the natural world evolves with it. It would be foolish to think that lack of evidence for a god makes Big Bang Theory ultimately true, and that’s not what I’m saying. There could be another natural explanation for how our Universe began that doesn’t involve a god or The Big Bang. It would also be foolish to think that an unexplained natural phenomenon ultimately leads to a god. Just because something isn’t explained, does not imply a god was the cause of it. Big Bang Theory is considered a scientific theory because it is our best attempt so far to explain how the Universe came to be. As I said, a better suited theory would be accepted, and Big Bang would be dismissed, if such a theory is ever proposed and tested, and shown to have scientific value. Also, by what you say, it makes it seem as if every single 100% proven concept is invincible from rejection by groups of people. Evolution has been proven to occur, yet some people still deny it. Gravity has been proven to exist, yet some people still deny it. The Earth has been proven to not be flat, yet some people still think it’s flat. End of story.

Last edited:

Back