• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Usage of Clan Tags (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,412
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
@Nfection (tagged you wrong the first time; not going to come through), I saw you made this thread on another site, and I've always had a problem with people flipping out about clan tags, so I thought I'd make this thread.

What do you guys think about the usage of clan tags more than once? Obviously I'm talking about this in the sense that a clan has died (I don't think anyone would think it's OK to steal the clan tag of a clan that is still alive). Do you think that it's then OK for a clan to reuse a tag? Personally, I think it's OK. I really don't understand why people have a problem with reusing a clan tag if a clan is dead. People always say they have a problem with "originality". Well guess what, it's their clan and not yours, so I don't know why it would be any of their concern whether their clan name and tag is original or not. And besides, you can only get so original without sounding like an idiot with your clan name and tag. And that's getting increasingly difficult since nearly every imaginable clan name and tag has been taken. What do you guys think?

If I was a leader of a dead clan, and someone is going to use my clan tag, then I wouldn't like it.

We would eventually run out of conveniently short clan names, so yes.

Actually the thread I made was about using clan names from MKW on other games :Doge:

I think if the clan lasted a fair amount of time and participated in leagues, was well known, etc, reusing the tag would be wrong. If it's one of those clans that last a week and has done 1 war, then it shouldn't be a problem to reuse the tag.

Why do you guys have a problem with reusing clan tags that were once popular? If someone created another Fw/Flow (which has been done quite a few times actually), I wouldn't be all "OMG what a disgrace!! Can't believe what a noob!". It's just like whatever for me, I fail to see why people care so much.

Why do you guys have a problem with reusing clan tags that were once popular? If someone created another Fw/Flow (which has been done quite a few times actually), I wouldn't be all "OMG what a disgrace!! Can't believe what a noob!". It's just like whatever for me, I fail to see why people care so much.

BTW, I think they revived the old flow clan.

BTW, I think they revived the old flow clan.
Yes, it's been done many times. And people are always very quick to jump on whoever is responsible for reviving it. I just fail to understand and care.

Back