Was it hard to learn manual drift? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

jackhax

Banana
4DR member
4DR swag bucks
$996
FC
1852-8456-6587
NNID
aggieforlife69
sure some ppl are really good with wii wheel manual it has the same potential

but it's a small group

It's not that popular because steering requires motion controls and in all honesty you might have some inconsistency compared to a normal control stick in some races as a result.

If your brother is really good at manual with wii wheel you could stick with that option otherwise you might save allot of time picking a different controller to get good with manual. The people that usually stuck with the wii wheel option where really good already tons of time investment so why bother swapping to a new controller. if I had to make a guess at least. on average it's probably allot harder to get good with manual with the wheel compared to any other option.
Thanks. I have an idea. I am going to use tools like epix´s practice mod and try to make my brother a decent mkwii player. also, are you allowed to use two player online to have one player get a shock and one get a dodge? It would be like teaming in a clan war or something.

SwordDude

Blooper
4DR swag bucks
$290
Thanks. I have an idea. I am going to use tools like epix´s practice mod and try to make my brother a decent mkwii player. also, are you allowed to use two player online to have one player get a shock and one get a dodge? It would be like teaming in a clan war or something.
if it's regular online vs random people I don't see why not, seen ppl do that.

if it's a more organized setting, than it might depend. might be an unfair advantage than if it's not a team race.

jackhax

Banana
4DR member
4DR swag bucks
$996
FC
1852-8456-6587
NNID
aggieforlife69
if it's regular online vs random people I don't see why not, seen ppl do that.

if it's a more organized setting, than it might depend. might be an unfair advantage than if it's not a team race.
I just mean online.

Fergus

Red Shell
Forum staff
4DR co-leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,814
FC
0693-1977-6539
Clan
4DR
Manual drift was a bit hard for me to learn iirc, but that was because it was a 10 year old me trying to figure out the controller and actually using viable vehicles such as the flame runner and mach bike. Aside from that it’s a breeze. I find automatic harder to use now than manual.

jackhax

Banana
4DR member
4DR swag bucks
$996
FC
1852-8456-6587
NNID
aggieforlife69
Manual drift was a bit hard for me to learn iirc, but that was because it was a 10 year old me trying to figure out the controller and actually using viable vehicles such as the flame runner and mach bike. Aside from that it’s a breeze. I find automatic harder to use now than manual.
I completely agree